Additional Progression Contracts 1.3 7/23/16

tjsnh

Still working fine for 1.3

Initial release of the revamped, scaled down, Additional Progression Contracts mod.
This is a replacement for my old "Advanced Progression Contracts" mod, since most of the contracts in it were merged into the base game by Squad.

DOWNLOAD

Requires Contract Configurator 1.15 or higher.

Contracts included on launch:

• Send the first probe to another planet.
  • Send the first manned flyby of another planet (and return).
  • Send the first manned landing on another planet (and return).
  • Land a rover on the Mun.
  • Land a rover on Minmus.
  • Land a rover on another planet.
  • Perform an EVA in Solar orbit.

Future plans:

• More contracts itemized for planet moons.
  • Jool-system specific contracts (Jool 5 challenge, etc).
  • Repeatable "send a probe to X planet" generic contracts - the ones in stock are often a bit too specific, and don't usually help career-mode missions get funding.
  • Unmanned probe sample-return missions (to Mun, planets, etc)
  • More stuff to do with rovers - distance records, etc (as soon as I get the contract scripting logic for it to work correctly)
  • In-atmosphere aircraft circumnavigation. (as soon as I get the contract scripting logic for it to work correctly)
  • Ideas people suggest/request

Released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Edited by tjsnh

Odd - What I copy-pasted into the text box, and what showed up on the saved/live page didn't match. Had to try it four times before it matched correctly. *shrug* Fixed now though, thanks - good catch.

2 hours ago, million_lights said:

Could you write down some details about the added contracts?

When do they unluck?

What are the Objectives?

Maybe some pictures, stuff like that.

I'll be updating the main post later today, I was in a rush to get the pack posted (along with my 2 other mods).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Despite being written that "still working fine in 1.3", i can't get contracts. All the pre-requises are met, but the contracts are not offered.  

Si, it isn't working fine in 1.3. 

I tried with all my mods and stock only too. Nothing to do... Too bad, the contracts are good.

On 7/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, Wazaa said:

Despite being written that "still working fine in 1.3", i can't get contracts. All the pre-requises are met, but the contracts are not offered.  

Si, it isn't working fine in 1.3. 

I tried with all my mods and stock only too. Nothing to do... Too bad, the contracts are good.

Confirmed again today that its working fine.
Do you have Contract Configurator installed?

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2017 at 2:26 PM, The-Doctor said:

does this mod work with planet packs, specifically Galileo's?

It won't cause any bugs or incompatibilities but some of the contracts won't work 100% as intended.

Specifically, the contracts like "Send the first probe to another planet" are hard-coded with the names of the default planets in them and won't complete if you send your very first probe to Sarnus (for some reason) instead of Duna or Eve (or any of the other default planets, Moho through Eeloo). Other than that one thing, you won't run into any problems. I run a custom planet pack myself.

Edited by tjsnh

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Ruedii said:

This is listed as only compatable for 1.3.x has anyone tested it for 1.4 or is that just because it's untested?

Still works, I'm just way behind on updating my forum posts. :-)

Thanks.  I'll download it! 

It seems a lot of people are busy and/or overwhelmed this spring.   I wonder if it has to do with the political chaos in both the US and Britain being so distracting.  (As well as several other places, but the US and Britain Trump all on it, pardon the pun. :D )

As a note, for planet packs, you can make the contract pack check for cases other than the normal stock planets and switch to a second mode using the variables pulled from contract configurator.  (Contract Configurator supports this function.)

You could also rely on complete auto-generation based game on provided planet names, but this means using the auto-balance system by default and removing hand tuned stock balancing, something I would advise against, because hand tuned balancing is almost always better.

Edited by Ruedii
Additional notes regarding planet packs.

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble getting the "send the first probe to another planet" contract to be offered. All of the requirements say "Met", but it stays grayed out in the menu. Any idea what could be preventing it from coming up?

I haven't visited any other planets in this career, but I have already accepted an "Explore Duna" contract. Could this be the cause?

1 hour ago, Sovetskysoyuz said:

I'm having trouble getting the "send the first probe to another planet" contract to be offered. All of the requirements say "Met", but it stays grayed out in the menu. Any idea what could be preventing it from coming up?

I haven't visited any other planets in this career, but I have already accepted an "Explore Duna" contract. Could this be the cause?

When I have trouble getting a contract to come up, its usually because I have too many on the list at that "star" level.
I'll have a look though - about time for an update to this pack anyway. :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.