[1.4.x] VesselMover Continued - v1.7.3 (May 14, 2018) - Crew Selection!

Papa_Joe

On 7/27/2016 at 10:38 PM, Deimos Rast said:

technically BahaD also had an "All burn together" mod so if someone fixes that mod they could control a swarm. Also, Throttle Controlled Avionics has a swarm mode, which is up to date. I'd probably use it if it were there, assuming I could control them, but mainly for novelty. I can definitely see dog fighters using it a lot though (BDA might have its own spawn system though).

Yes, He was prolific... I'm finding stuff all over... we will see how much of it I can support... it seems there are several little mods that need love too... may have  to find a way to wrap them up and repackage... I'll look into it.. BDA thread is the place to post that stuff, so if others are aware of mods that BahamutoD was doing, point me to them there... we can try to get them under some kind of umbrella...

:) 

Edited by Papa_Joe

27 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Yes, He was prolific... I'm finding stuff all over... we will see how much of it I can support... it seems there are several little mods that need love too... may have  to find a way to wrap them up and repackage... I'll look into it.. BDA thread is the place to post that stuff, so if others are aware of mods that BahamutoD was doing, point me to them there... we can try to get them under some kind of umbrella...

:) 

was going to say all his old threads are pretty much locked last I checked, but you're taking on BDA too? Daaaamn. (Link to it in your Sig is broken by the way.) Didn't have you pegged for the "blow 'em up" type.:D

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

was going to say all his old threads are pretty much locked last I checked, but you're taking on BDA too? Daaaamn. (Link to it in your Sig is broken by the way.) Didn't have you pegged for the "blow 'em up" type.:D

I'm not personally the "blow" em up" type, but it may surprise you to know that I "know a thing or two" about it.  I was reloading ammo for my father at 3, field stripping weapons at 5, and assisting in rebuilding weapons not long there after.  Guns and ammo were a big part of my early life, as my dad as an Armorer in the US Marines... I used to play World of Tanks with Angels of Death back in the early days, which is where my forum name comes from.  I also led a nationally ranked guild in World of Warcraft during the Burning Crusade days,

So, while I may not prefer to destroy and am more interested in building, I can "dish out some death" as well... :) 

Hello, I have a request @Papa_Joe....would it be possible to extend the gentle landing provided by this mod to all vessels in game to avoid the occasional jump and explosion on scene load?

PS: a base builder here ^_^

Edited by brusura

On 8/3/2016 at 4:05 PM, brusura said:

Hello, I have a request @Papa_Joe....would it be possible to extend the gentle landing provided by this mod to all vessels in game to avoid the occasional jump and explosion on scene load?

PS: a base builder here ^_^

Sorry, wasn't neglecting you here... Been spending a lot of time on the BDA thread.  most if not all of @BahamutoD's mods are now listed on the OP of that thread.   If you would be so kind as to open a Github issue for this request, I will not let it slip through the cracks.  

Thanks!

On 7/27/2016 at 10:38 PM, Deimos Rast said:

technically BahaD also had an "All burn together" mod so if someone fixes that mod they could control a swarm. Also, Throttle Controlled Avionics has a swarm mode, which is up to date. I'd probably use it if it were there, assuming I could control them, but mainly for novelty. I can definitely see dog fighters using it a lot though (BDA might have its own spawn system though).

I have released a new version of BurnTogether.  You will find it in the OP of the new BDA thread.  Stil alpha work, but seems to be working pretty weil in @DoctorDavinci's testing video...

New Release:

v1.5.1.1
- Fixed Git Issue #1. Vessels taking fall damage when placed. Added new vessel movement mode that allows Fine control and low altitude (5 meters) placement. Should eliminate fall damage.

Those big vessels should be good now!

• 1 month later...

KSP 1.2 pr update:

I've recompiled Vessel Mover into KSP 1.2 pr.  The craft browser dialog is not opening.  Likely something I missed during the conversion.  I'll keep you posted as I get this updated. Late for me.  Try again in the morning.

Ok, Vessel Mover is working.  I've updated Git with a new version.  THIS IS PRERELEASE, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have included a version file, so it is now KSP-AVC (and hopefully ) CKAN compatible.

v1.5.1.2beta
- Updated to be compatible with KSP 1.2pr.  This is prerelease software.  not for official distribution.

Nope.  Vessel mover was not updated during the 1.1 time frame,  I took over support during 1.1.3.  Sorry.  there are some changes in 1.1.3 that will likely make it break in 1.1.2.  You can try it...

Edited by Papa_Joe

so one of my previous requests for this mod was to be able to hide the movement indicator so you could position craft just so to get nice dynamic still shots without having to try multiple flybys of the camera and such. However I found this is doable in conjunction with AirPark. You park a vessel, enable VesselMover, unpark and then orient the vessel however you want, re-park it and place the vessel and it stays right there just like that. The only thing you can't change is the altitude (other than tabbing through the placement movement options). So my new request is to have Shift+Tab move the vessel up and Ctrl+Tab move the vessel down. If the altitude is within range of a new movement speed, the indicator can still change to note the new mode so that functionality is not lost or made confusing.

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Getsome2030 said:

I think this mod is awesome but unfortunately the latest KSP Update (V1.2.0.1564) has broken it. I hope it's an easy fix? Cheers  

I did a quick recompile on my dev branch with 1564 and had no issues so far. Hopefully the final 1.2 is out soon and we can get a stable build out, things change day to day.

1 minute ago, gomker said:

I did a quick recompile on my dev branch with 1564 and had no issues so far. Hopefully the final 1.2 is out soon and we can get a stable build out, things change day to day.

Really appreciate all you guys and what you do. It's always a downer when a new update breaks as much as 1.2 has.

Feels as bad as .90 to 1.0 all over again :P

9 hours ago, gomker said:

Thanks for the heads up. Is the recompiled version available for download?

This ksp release is a massive revision.  Kudos to the team for what they have accomplished.  But yes the builds are still breaking stuff. :)

So, thanks to @gomker for his efforts.  The BDAc team is working hard on this release cycle, and no more releases to the wild will be done until after we get a stable KSP release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 11:19 AM, Papa_Joe said:

This ksp release is a massive revision.  Kudos to the team for what they have accomplished.  But yes the builds are still breaking stuff. :)

So, thanks to @gomker for his efforts.  The BDAc team is working hard on this release cycle, and no more releases to the wild will be done until after we get a stable KSP release.

1.2.1 is now out.

1 hour ago, Starslinger999 said:

1.2.1 is now out.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You may want to update the Op

24 minutes ago, Ninjadude501Alt said:

Update the OP?

He didn't discontinue it, did he? :/

Guys, it has literally been out for like a week and @Papa_Joe is trying to maintain a ton of different mods that BD once took care of. Give him time and space to work out a working and stable release. He will deliver in time I am sure.

Just now, TMasterson5 said:

Guys, it has literally been out for like a week and @Papa_Joe is trying to maintain a ton of different mods that BD once took care of. Give him time and space to work out a working and stable release. He will deliver in time I am sure.

...?

Never asked for an update. I asked what linuxguru meant.

kthxbye

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.