[1.4.x] VesselMover Continued - v1.7.3 (May 14, 2018) - Crew Selection!

Papa_Joe

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why not add one more button:  "Spawn with kerbal" and "Spawn without Kerbal"?

Personally, I'd add a dialog which would allow the player to select which kerbal to spawn with.

All great Ideas, I just don't know how to actually implement the selection process - any example code you seen around?

25 minutes ago, gomker said:

All great Ideas, I just don't know how to actually implement the selection process - any example code you seen around?

Well, for now, just get the additional button to get past this now, I'll see if I can find some example code.

Are you looking for GUI code, or kerbal crew list code?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you looking for GUI code, or kerbal crew list code?

Kerbal list code for picking, I guess it should be easy enough to just bypass the assignment with the choice and implement the picker later, this was requested in https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/VesselMover/issues/17 and was on the "to do" list.

1 hour ago, gomker said:

Kerbal list code for picking, I guess it should be easy enough to just bypass the assignment with the choice and implement the picker later, this was requested in https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/VesselMover/issues/17 and was on the "to do" list.

Well,given that the current code already does that, it should be pretty easy.  Say, about 5 minutes of work?

2 hours ago, gomker said:

Ok, I'll get you some code which provides a list of all available Kerbals

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Styles2304 said:

Not exactly the thread for this but since it's full of links for this topic...did I miss something with BD Armory Continued? I can't find any reference to it whatsoever?

The BDAc thread is one of the threads that was lost last week

We have a temporary thread in place for now .... you can find it here: 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, my Vessel mover works except for the fact that when it spawns a vessel the control surfaces don't function. This is like one of my first times reporting an issue. Here's a link to my Log 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahflhvwkb6ynimo/output_log.txt?dl=0 

Sorry if I missed some really obvious issues. I'm not sure which of my mods would be compatible with VM. I tried multiple times to fix it. 

Edited by TheUltimateJimbob

On 2017-03-27 at 6:40 PM, TheUltimateJimbob said:

Hi, my Vessel mover works except for the fact that when it spawns a vessel the control surfaces don't function. This is like one of my first times reporting an issue. Here's a link to my Log 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahflhvwkb6ynimo/output_log.txt?dl=0 

Sorry if I missed some really obvious issues. I'm not sure which of my mods would be compatible with VM. I tried multiple times to fix it. 

KSP.log please :)

This file can be found in your KSP root directory

Feel free to consult the BDAc team at the following thread:

54 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Was that bug fixed where VM would onlu spawn stock vessels?

So this issue is caused by a borked save deal ... I have experienced it on a number of occasions and it's cause is currently unknown as there has been yet a concrete means of replicating the bug

I personally have a tendency to run a fresh install for pretty much every challenge I partake in or video I post on my YouTube channel .... However, I have noticed this happening with the following conditions in common between all borked installs that include Vessel Mover:

1- More than one user savegame within the KSP install in question
2- Craft copied from one save to another as well as from other KSP installs
3- Multiple quick-saves and named-saves

I have an inkling that this is just Krakenbait as this issue is quickly solved with a fresh KSP install and a reloading of your save file, by itself, into the game ... I have tried to replicate this issue and have had limited success .... More investigation is required :)

In addition to this, be advised that the 'spawn vessel' function of Vessel Mover is still considered an experimental feature  and as such is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK sorta deal

Feel free to consult the BDAc team at the following thread:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.