[1.4.x] VesselMover Continued - v1.7.3 (May 14, 2018) - Crew Selection!

Papa_Joe

12 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

So this issue is caused by a borked save deal ... I have experienced it on a number of occasions and it's cause is currently unknown as there has been yet a concrete means of replicating the bug

I personally have a tendency to run a fresh install for pretty much every challenge I partake in or video I post on my YouTube channel .... However, I have noticed this happening with the following conditions in common between all borked installs that include Vessel Mover:

1- More than one user savegame within the KSP install in question
2- Craft copied from one save to another as well as from other KSP installs
3- Multiple quick-saves and named-saves

I have an inkling that this is just Krakenbait as this issue is quickly solved with a fresh KSP install and a reloading of your save file, by itself, into the game ... I have tried to replicate this issue and have had limited success .... More investigation is required :)

In addition to this, be advised that the 'spawn vessel' function of Vessel Mover is still considered an experimental feature  and as such is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK sorta deal

Feel free to consult the BDAc team at the following thread:

Ah....so as far as VM is concerned, it doesn't just look in the save you are using, it looks at all your save files...weird.

Just now, Draconiator said:

Ah....so as far as VM is concerned, it doesn't just look in the save you are using, it looks at all your save files...weird.

Actually no, that is not what I said ... KSP itself will go wonky if there is a corrupted save in the saves directory which messes with the spawn vessel function

That INDEED was the problem.  Apparently KSP wasn't detecting the save I was using...which was corrupted.  Solution?  Copy the .craft files to a backup directory, delete the save, make a new one, then import the files to the new save.  Everything works again...and it was giving me a headache for MONTHS...yeesh

Another question...is there any way to tweak the Wing Commander module so that it looks as though you're actually a Blue Angel, and not a Kerbal who was just hired?  lol.  been trying to work on an idea but...these Newbiekerbs are killing me.

YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU DORTFREY, YOU'RE FIRED!

8 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Another question...is there any way to tweak the Wing Commander module so that it looks as though you're actually a Blue Angel, and not a Kerbal who was just hired?  lol.  been trying to work on an idea but...these Newbiekerbs are killing me.

YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU DORTFREY, YOU'RE FIRED!

Perhaps taking this to the proper thread is in order as wing commander is a module of BDAc and has nothing to do with vessel mover

On 2017-04-07 at 8:32 AM, jjjaaayyy said:

how to install this?

To correctly install Vessel Mover, first download the latest release (not the source download) and then extract the VesselMover folder contained within the zip file and place it into your KSP/Gamedata folder ... Do not, I repeat, do not place the Gamedata folder contained within the VesselMover zip into your Gamedata folder as this will cause umpteen million conflicts to arise

You can find the latest release at the following link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/VesselMover/releases

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

^Above

Is your ship too big? That usually causes exploding for me.

I have a feature request (or removal request), but a thing that I find extremely annoying is when I use the Spawn Vessel tool and spawn in anything with a crew cabin, the mod puts a randomly generated Kerbal into the cabin. I can't board one seater planes without throwing the kerbal out and finding some crazy way to sacrifice him to the Kraken.

On 7/2/2017 at 6:27 AM, Notsure_jr said:

when I attempt to move my vessel it's fine for like 1 second then it explodes when I try to move any distance. 

Large vessels will need Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod - Also very large vessels do not play nice with auto struts

I can attest with this does work with very large ships like these including Air craft Carrier size vessels

14 hours ago, Kinzerfest said:

the mod puts a randomly generated Kerbal into the cabin.

There was a similar request here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/VesselMover/issues/17

Selection is tricky - but I do like the idea of maybe having a check box [ ] that says "do not spawn crew"

58 minutes ago, gomker said:

Large vessels will need Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod - Also very large vessels do not play nice with auto struts

I can attest with this does work with very large ships like these including Air craft Carrier size vessels

There was a similar request here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/VesselMover/issues/17

Selection is tricky - but I do like the idea of maybe having a check box [ ] that says "do not spawn crew"

http://i.imgur.com/kXWvNCV.mp4

for some reason I can't attach this but this is what happens when I use this.

Edited by Notsure_jr

11 minutes ago, Notsure_jr said:

for some reason I can't attach this but this is what happens when I use this.

Yeah, that does look odd - ok, lets go through the basics

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 6:35 AM, Sebastiaz said:

I'm having a really annoying problem, the green circle is all glitched out, and if I move my vessel a small bit, the Vessel Mover freaks out and my vessel explodes. The craft isn't massive, it's a small plane. Any help?

Is it a super large green circle? What mods to you have installed and are you using any custom parts? Log file will help find the cause.

There was a few known issues with parts without meshes that messed up the calculations, could be a similar problem. Try a purely stock craft and let me know if its still occurs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.