[1.4.x] VesselMover Continued - v1.7.3 (May 14, 2018) - Crew Selection!

Papa_Joe

1 minute ago, gomker said:

Is it a super large green circle? What mods to you have installed and are you using any custom parts? Log file will help find the cause.

There was a few known issues with parts without meshes that messed up the calculations, could be a similar problem. Try a purely stock craft and let me know if its still occurs.

Seems like a mod was conflicting with it I think. It works now, but I'm not sure what mod it was conflicting, I'm thinking it may have been a visual pack conflicting with Vessel Mover. I guess I will sadly never know. :/

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Marrv said:

Thank you very much guys, did not want to add to the work load you guys are doing, it seems you are basically holding the modding community together!

No problem, a ping now and then wakes me up to threads I may have missed :)

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Very sad about this.

Hey.  Maybe somebody could adopt it?

I wonder who would do that?

@Papa_Joe is still around, so is @gomker, can either of you get a 1.3.1 compile?  I see that the last commit to the repo was on July 6, and there is another PR waiting

1 minute ago, Marrv said:

Thank you very much guys, did not want to add to the work load you guys are doing, it seems you are basically holding the modding community together!

I was ironic on my post. This mod works fine on KSP 1.3.1. 

It is not dead whatsoever :)

Must be something my end then, will run backwards and see what was causing it to not load. Likely a conflict somewhere. Thank you for checking.

Might want to edit title to show it is "live" so other people can continue to find this and use it as it is amazingly useful!

25 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Very sad about this.

Hey.  Maybe somebody could adopt it?

I wonder who would do that?

@Papa_Joe is still around, so is @gomker, can either of you get a 1.3.1 compile?  I see that the last commit to the repo was on July 6, and there is another PR waiting

@gomker Thank you very much.

I hope you took my post in the way it was meant :D

I don't need any more mods at this time, really appreciate what you do for the community

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I hope you took my post in the way it was meant

Oh yeah , no problem, It was on my to-do and was already recompiled. Lost in the email notify for the follow of thread, ping was much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 10:35 AM, Toonu said:

Hello, with latest build of vessel mover, I can spawn vessels from VAB save files, but not from SPH. Here's the pics:

http://prntscr.com/h9415a

https://imgur.com/a/aVR77

I have SPH crafts but it can't see them somehow. Any ideas why is it like that?

15 hours ago, Toonu said:

Anyone encountered this issue @gomker @linuxgurugamer?

This is caused by either a borked savegame or a borked craft file ... not sure why this happens but it happens all the same

If you are unable to do away with your save file that is doing this then a workaround is to copy the craft file that you want to spawn to the stock ships SPH folder

Also understand that the spawn vessel function is technically still experimental and is known to have a few gremlins

6 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

This is caused by either a borked savegame or a borked craft file ... not sure why this happens but it happens all the same

If you are unable to do away with your save file that is doing this then a workaround is to copy the craft file that you want to spawn to the stock ships SPH folder

Also understand that the spawn vessel function is technically still experimental and is known to have a few gremlins

Yeah, I already bypassed it to moving the crafts to VAB folder, because even in stock SPH folder it didn't showed properly. My savegame was new (game save, not the crafts) and even when I have 20 crafts, every of them can't be corrupted, right? I just wanted to submit this issue. :wink: 

Thanks for info! Toonu

7 hours ago, Toonu said:

Yeah, I already bypassed it to moving the crafts to VAB folder, because even in stock SPH folder it didn't showed properly. My savegame was new (game save, not the crafts) and even when I have 20 crafts, every of them can't be corrupted, right? I just wanted to submit this issue. :wink: 

Thanks for info! Toonu

If there is a corrupt savegame in your KSP install it will bork that whole KSP install

On 11/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, Toonu said:

Hello, with latest build of vessel mover, I can spawn vessels from VAB save files, but not from SPH. Here's the pics:

http://prntscr.com/h9415a

https://imgur.com/a/aVR77

I have SPH crafts but it can't see them somehow. Any ideas why is it like that?

That issue just hit me as well a few days back. I tried to debug it and couldn't figure it out. I had to create a new save and copy my craft over.  
I am pretty sure I corrupted my save as I was doing some major rework with BDA and MM patches

• 4 weeks later...
On 21. 11. 2017 at 3:54 AM, gomker said:

That issue just hit me as well a few days back. I tried to debug it and couldn't figure it out. I had to create a new save and copy my craft over.  
I am pretty sure I corrupted my save as I was doing some major rework with BDA and MM patches

Hello, I tried to make new save but the issue still persist.

It the log, there is no error except missing thumbnails when VesselMover spawn new button are clicked + there is Exception: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exisist in the dictionary.

4 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hello, I tried to make new save but the issue still persist.

It the log, there is no error except missing thumbnails when VesselMover spawn new button are clicked + there is Exception: ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exisist in the dictionary.

It is either a borked savegame or a borked craft

Importing crafts from other KSP versions can do this .... spawning heavily clipped crafts can do this

The exact cause is still unknown but be aware that the spawn vessel function, even though it has been in VM for awhile now, is still an experimental feature

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

It is either a borked savegame or a borked craft

Importing crafts from other KSP versions can do this .... spawning heavily clipped crafts can do this

The exact cause is still unknown but be aware that the spawn vessel function, even though it has been in VM for awhile now, is still an experimental feature

Okay, so the save is okay when it didn't worked on new save with old craft from the other save. But interestingly when I move the .craft files to VAB it can be spawned from VAB tab. It's weird simply, wanna any .log btw? Maybe you can resolve it in future. :wink: 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Have you change the original root part of your plane ? Vessel mover doesn't like re-root vessels 

Nope, it hasn't been re-rooted or anything for that matter, it seems to happen to other planes too.. :/ Pity too, I love my aircraft battles.

Edited by Sebastiaz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.