[1.4.x] VesselMover Continued - v1.7.3 (May 14, 2018) - Crew Selection!

Papa_Joe

New version:

v1.7.3
 - Add Crew selection screen to spawn feature.  You can now (optionally) select one crewmember from a list of available crew. Git Issue #17
 - Fixed Tab key movement mode changes to prevent positioning craft underground. Git Issue #29  
 - Clean up tool tips to display above window and not beyond edge of screen.
 - Improved control of altitude during movement mode changes. Now when changing altitudes, changes to movement mode will not alter current altitude.  
 - Added new Movement Mode altitude reset key Throttle Cuttoff (Default is X) to allow for flexible altitude positioning.
 - Revised help and readme to reflect changes to hot keys.

Enjoy!

Thanks for a great mod @Papa_Joe! I’ve found this mod to be invaluable when moving things around at a planetary base. Also it’s extremely helpful when recovering from a kraken attack.

one thing I’ve noticed, and I’m not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but if I spawn a vessel that has launch clamps attached it will instantly start falling as if I’ve pressed Drop. I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case and I would be able to adjust the height prior to releasing.

i can build the same vessel (really a planetary mining base in this case) using EL and survey stakes and it will show up just fine on its launch clamps.

VM 1.7.3, KSP 1.4.3 heavily modded. I’ll edit with a link to my mod list once I figure out how to do that.

I did try out the new altitude reset key (x), but of course once the craft is falling that has no effect - none of the movement keys do. If this is intended/expected behavior could there be an option to prevent it?

Thanks again! Great mod.

Edited by schlosrat

20 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Thanks for a great mod @Papa_Joe! I’ve found this mod to be invaluable when moving things around at a planetary base. Also it’s extremely helpful when recovering from a kraken attack.

one thing I’ve noticed, and I’m not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but if I spawn a vessel that has launch clamps attached it will instantly start falling as if I’ve pressed Drop. I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case and I would be able to adjust the height prior to releasing.

i can build the same vessel (really a planetary mining base in this case) using EL and survey stakes and it will show up just fine on its launch clamps.

VM 1.7.3, KSP 1.4.3 heavily modded. I’ll edit with a link to my mod list once I figure out how to do that.

I did try out the new altitude reset key (x), but of course once the craft is falling that has no effect - none of the movement keys do. If this is intended/expected behavior could there be an option to prevent it?

Thanks again! Great mod.

A while back we spent some time dealing with trying to detatch Launch clamps.   I know it was a painful exercise.  I will revisit it to see how it behaves now.  It is not intended for the craft to end up in free fall.  the reset key and other movement keys have no effect once the craft is placed or dropped.

The output_log.txt file contains all mod information, so just link a copy of the output_log.txt.  Best to upload it somewhere, and provide a link.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, LuciferZ25 said:

Hey Joe. I'm building a contract pack type thingy similar to a solo campaign. By any chance I can have this to spawn vehicles around a location dynamically? Like they spawn enemies in RTS games?

License is MIT so you are allowed to use the code in VM as long as you follow the licensing rules

https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely love this mod, thank you for maintaining it and updating it. This is certainly not a demand or anything, just a suggestion, say I want to have a lot of craft in the same area at once (like, 5 of the same one or so). Is it possible to add a "spawn multiple" feature?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 7:43 AM, SancthuaryID said:

Just realize, BDarmory on Spacedock instead VesselMover...

Just luck, since actually I need BDarmory :)

Yes, I screwed up when updating BDAc.

I do have an update for VM in the works.  Some amazing code work by @DoctorDavinci.  I'll talk more about it as I get it fully integrated and some additional features finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brief testing of "VesselMover.1.7.3.0_05142018.zip" from Github on KSP 1.5.1 and didn't have any problems. Picked up, moved at at the four different speeds/altitudes, placed, dropped and spawned vessels with crew selection. Didn't see any error in the log.

16 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

What? I just checked and the forum link on SpaceDock comes right here. The link in the OP to SpaceDock goes to SpaceDock. So.... ??

welp uhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Error: Do not download. Will be corrected soon. Pushed BDAc instead. Sorry! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dang forgot. Sorry. 

Version 1.2.2.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Hey, ah, we got a bit of a weird issue here; the Spacedock link gives me the BD Armory files instead of Vessel Mover. Github works fine though.

It’s a bit embedded in th bdarmoury OP - look for “bd family mods” or something like that and below that is a spoiler tag with the links

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.