[1.1.3] (2016-07-24) Telemachus - Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

tcannonfodder

On 11/22/2016 at 10:04 PM, Redneck said:

i am no coder i have tried to compile and failed.

What I found out Refrence to KSPUTIL can be dropped as it was merged into Assenbly -CSharp. with 1.2

It still fails with error to Vessel.ActiveResource.

4798becca20746f6858a7e848b24f1a1.png

Found a post in the forums regarding this error 

Thats about as far as I can go when it comes to coding stuff but I'm learning

Heya! Yeah, I think this is the only compile-time error I'm running into. I haven't time to refactor (rewrite) the code yet, it seems like it involves a pretty steep rewrite. If anyone wants to offer some help rewriting the code that references `ActiveResource` I'd greatly appreciate it! The branch is at: https://github.com/KSP-Telemachus/Telemachus/tree/69-camera-endpoint

5 hours ago, tcannonfodder said:

Heya! Yeah, I think this is the only compile-time error I'm running into. I haven't time to refactor (rewrite) the code yet, it seems like it involves a pretty steep rewrite. If anyone wants to offer some help rewriting the code that references `ActiveResource` I'd greatly appreciate it! The branch is at: https://github.com/KSP-Telemachus/Telemachus/tree/69-camera-endpoint

its beyond my beginning level of coding skills. there are 2 compile errors. one of the errors in DataLinkHandlers.cs vessel.findWorldCenterOfMass on line 1536 can be changed to vessel.CurrentCoM. That will take care of that error however Its the OTHER vessel.ActiveResources that will require the most work. Its just beyond my reach of knowledge. Im stuck on this one. Ill refer you to this thread on the direction these people took. They start talking about hashes and stuff...i have no clue. Also what I have tried is going over to spacedock repository and downloading other mods that deal with resources and looking at thier github code for insights on how they handle resources and so far I have not had a "A-ha moment" Its my thinking that if that got fixed it would at least compile and go from there. Hell it might just fix it i dont know. I havent gave up but at this point im just dead in the water

edit found this just now

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/RasterPropMonitor/Core/ResourceDataStorage.cs line 33

Edited by Redneck

i got it compiled and working but the resources aren't right its still broken but it works in 1.2.1 @tcannonfodder send me a pm if you want the project i have Ill zip it up and send it to you. in meantime here is the link to the .dll file (deleted)

Download the current telemachus and install it. 

Take the downloaded .dll file i linked unzip it and drop it into your GameData/Telemachus/plugins directory overwritting the original file

Ive only been watching online videos about C# for about a week so please take it easy on me guys

Edited by Redneck

13 hours ago, tcannonfodder said:

Good news everyone! I just got Telemachus compiled to support 1.2+! It should work, but let me know if you run into any issues!

Telemachus 1.5.1 (Calipso, the current stable build)

Telemachus 1.6.0 Alpha 3 (The latest development build, with Camera Feed Support)

So did the project i gave you help?

14 hours ago, tcannonfodder said:

Good news everyone! I just got Telemachus compiled to support 1.2+! It should work, but let me know if you run into any issues!

Telemachus 1.5.1 (Calipso, the current stable build)

Telemachus 1.6.0 Alpha 3 (The latest development build, with Camera Feed Support)

Awesome!!! I need to get my C# dev environment back up at home. I'd like to start adding some CommNet api features!

On 05/12/2016 at 1:29 AM, tcannonfodder said:

Houston should still work, if it doesn't let me know!

At the moment Houston doesn't work(the version that's on the OP link), but is there any files from the latest release that i can switch for the Houston installation?

So my bad, Houston does work. I didn't understand how Houston was installed and the release that i tried was "Apollo (with Telemachus Capricorn)" witch as an outdated version of Telemachus. again my bad :( sorry about the confusion.

Edited by PmThay

So 1.5.1 is NOT working for me on a fresh 1.2.1 install.

KSP fails to start, and locks up on loading screen.

This is last lines in the KSP.log:

[LOG 22:58:00.613] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Telemachus/Parts/FustekAntenna/part/fustekAntenna'
[LOG 22:58:00.640] [Telemachus] Got plugin registration call for Telemachus.Plugins.RasterPropMonitorPlugin.
  Optional interfaces enabled: None

KSP.log

output log

Gonna try the dev build instead, now

Edited by Stone Blue

1.61 version does work. If you installed houston as per the instructions https://github.com/tcannonfodder/houston

start KSP, put the part on the rocket,then go out to pad and right click "Open Link" a web page will open then after it opens replace the address in the web page with this one. OR Just click on this Link after you are on pad and click on "open Link"  

----> http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/houston/ascension/index.html

Edited by Redneck

17 minutes ago, Redneck said:

1.61 version does work. If you installed it as per the instructions https://github.com/tcannonfodder/houston

start KSP, put the part on the rocket,then go out to pad and right click "Open Link" a web page will open then after it opens replace the address in the web page with this one. OR Just click on this Link after you are on pad and click on "open Link"  

----> http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/houston/ascension/index.html

Umm... I'm very familiar with HOW Telemachus works, thanx... :P

But WHY am I installing Houston instead of Telemachus?...

And PmThay posted that Houston does not work, either...??

Edited by Stone Blue

Well, OK then...

Last I knew Houston was pretty much only a UI, an extension, an add-on for Telemachus...
I would think you need basic Telemachus installed, and working, before throwing Houston at it... Unless something changed with both mods, and they got integrated or something?
Plus, Tcannon's update links point to his Telemachus repo... NOT his Houston repo...

So, again, unless i am missing something, WHY would "we" be installing Houston, instead of Telemachus, unless there is something not posted somewhere?

Edited by Stone Blue

28 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Well, OK then...

Last I knew Houston was pretty much only a UI, an extension, an add-on for Telemachus...
I would think you need basic Telemachus installed, and working, before throwing Houston at it... Unless something changed with both mods, and they got integrated or something?
Plus, Tcannon's update links point to his Telemachus repo... NOT his Houston repo...

So, again, unless i am missing something, WHY would "we" be installing Houston, instead of Telemachus, unless there is something not posted somewhere?

ok let me help you....dont install it then. Nobody said it was required :huh:

Oh and yes I just tested Telemachus with houston in KSP 1.2.2 works fine

90e6183d806543b1b7bad12acaeab9a4.png

Edited by Redneck

I'm glad it worx for you...
Unfortunately, not only is 1.5.1 NOT working for me, but the 1.6.0-dev is ALSO not working for me... And this is on KSP 1.2.1, since I'm pretty sure thats the stable version tcannon compiled his updates on...

He posted two links that HE said were the Telemachus updates, and THOSE are what I installed... Those are ALSO what HE asked people to test and let him know if there were issues...
Well, YOU may not have issues with it, but they are not working in MY installs...

KSP.log

output_log

And just to satisfy you @Redneck, I will try installing Houston on top of my non-working install of Telemachus... And if it worx, then THAT, along with the info that both updated versions of Telemachus arent working for me, is STILL something @tcannonfodder should probably know.

EDIT: Yeah... Still no go...Same errors in the logs, with/without Houston installed.
Error seems to be referring to a built-in plugin for RPM, so I'll try installing RPM and posting back.

Edited by Stone Blue

9 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I'm glad it worx for you...
Unfortunately, not only is 1.5.1 NOT working for me, but the 1.6.0-dev is ALSO not working for me... And this is on KSP 1.2.1, since I'm pretty sure thats the stable version tcannon compiled his updates on...

He posted two links that HE said were the Telemachus updates, and THOSE are what I installed... Those are ALSO what HE asked people to test and let him know if there were issues...
Well, YOU may not have issues with it, but they are not working in MY installs...

KSP.log

output_log

And just to satisfy you @Redneck, I will try installing Houston on top of my non-working install of Telemachus... And if it worx, then THAT, along with the info that both updated versions of Telemachus arent working for me, is STILL something @tcannonfodder should probably know.

I already compiled 1.5 for KSP 1.2.2 (using the 1.2.2 librarys) works good here! Not thoroughly tested but it runs no issues that I see as of yet

4ea3f1b309a6472dbb9f498fe133f709.png 999d83851a29460b9790a07eaf54c448.png

Well I AM going to BED. GOODNIGHT @Stone Blue. GOOD LUCK with IT

"Always remember: It's Nice To Be Important...but It's More Important To Be Nice!..." 

Edited by Redneck
er

15 hours ago, Redneck said:

I already compiled 1.5 for KSP 1.2.2 (using the 1.2.2 librarys) works good here! Not thoroughly tested but it runs no issues that I see as of yet

Well I AM going to BED. GOODNIGHT @Stone Blue. GOOD LUCK with IT

Thanx... :)
Uggghhh... I ended up giving up and going to bed soon after my last post...
So I tried again today, and I got it working a couple times, ONLY when run for the very first time on a fresh KSP/Telemachus install... Then it would all go to hell again...
I tried it with/with out Houston installed, I tried deleteing the RPM hullcamera patch, I tried 1.5.1, I tried 1.6.0, I tried both on KSP 1.2.1, AND KSP 1.2.2...

NO idea wth is going on at this point... :P
I guess I'm ust done with this...

@tcannonfodder, I'm ust gonna try a PR for the blade antenna, as is... I'm fairly confident the .cfg and included RT patch SHOULD work, but without being able to get a stable working Telemachus to test it...???  vOv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.