[1.1.3] (2016-07-24) Telemachus - Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

tcannonfodder

Ok. Got the 1.5 version compiling now! Here's what I've implemented so far:

For Vessel:

v.canComm -- current CommNet ability to communicate

v.canScience -- current CommNet ability to transmit Science

v.isConnected  -- Is connected to CommNet

v.isConnectedHome -- Is connected to KDSN (Kerbin Deep Space Network)

v.getCrew -- List of current crew members names

More to come!

Edited by JOHNMKNIGHT
Accidently Saved before I was done.

On 09/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, rocketstrong said:

the web socket does not appear to be working anymore in the latest version. it connects then instantly disconnects

I experience the same problem with the websocket.

It connects fine and disconnects as soon as a message is sent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 1:57 PM, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

Ok. Got the 1.5 version compiling now! Here's what I've implemented so far:

For Vessel:

v.canComm -- current CommNet ability to communicate

v.canScience -- current CommNet ability to transmit Science

v.isConnected  -- Is connected to CommNet

v.isConnectedHome -- Is connected to KDSN (Kerbin Deep Space Network)

v.getCrew -- List of current crew members names

More to come!

Do you know when we'll get a release of the above?  If it is going to be a while, could I get a development build of this?

I want to use Telemachus to help determine how certain orbital profiles affect communication and I think the above is what I need.

TIA

Question, I have Houston installed and Telemachus up and running correctly. I can't pull up Houston in the web browser. I copy and pasted the above link and verified IP/port were correct, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not tech savvy. Let me know what you need if you need anything to help me. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I figured it out. I installed Houston incorrectly in the folder.

Edited by nightstalker101s

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for all your patience and support, it means a lot to me. It's been a pretty rough few months, so I haven't had time to dig into the code base rewrite. @JOHNMKNIGHT, I'm excited to see your new endpoints! Do you have a link to your repo on the repository? I may be able to use it as a jumping-off point for the new version. :)

I'm hoping to tackle the rewrite soon. Thanks again to everyone for understanding. Telemachus and Houston are projects I have a ton of fun working on, I just haven't had much time for them lately.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:50 PM, tcannonfodder said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for all your patience and support, it means a lot to me. It's been a pretty rough few months, so I haven't had time to dig into the code base rewrite. @JOHNMKNIGHT, I'm excited to see your new endpoints! Do you have a link to your repo on the repository? I may be able to use it as a jumping-off point for the new version. :)

I'm hoping to tackle the rewrite soon. Thanks again to everyone for understanding. Telemachus and Houston are projects I have a ton of fun working on, I just haven't had much time for them lately.

Hey there @tcannonfodder ! I haven't updated my repository yet because I BROKE a lot code before I should have committed it. I'll try and get some stuff working again this weekend. Glad to have you back!

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/12/2016 at 0:37 AM, tcannonfodder said:

Good news everyone! I just got Telemachus compiled to support 1.2+! It should work, but let me know if you run into any issues!

Telemachus 1.5.1 (Calipso, the current stable build)

Telemachus 1.6.0 Alpha 3 (The latest development build, with Camera Feed Support)

How does the Camera Feed work? I can't find any option to use it, and does it work with Hullcam cameras?

On 2/6/2017 at 2:50 PM, tcannonfodder said:

Hey everyone!

Hey there. Long story, thought I'd lost the code, then had troubles with Github. Here's a like to the code changes in My Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6svbo47fjeat18c/AAAmlMIncylKJdFkBzZAHkt3a?dl=0

:D

Not sure what the problem is (kinda new to using network functionality for KSP) but when I right click on the antenna and click "open link" the browser says it can't load the page.  Im running on a Mac and I am fully up to date on KSP and telemachus.  Any help would be appricated.

New version is awesome, going to put these two old iPad 2s I have to use with it.  May attempt to build some kind of console to fit in with my X55.  What would be really awesome is a way to use the in-game IVA MFD displays via Telemachus.  Barring that, anyone have a walkthrough on how to build a new page for Telemachus?

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet!!... now when I get my computer sorted so i can play KSP again, this will be one of the first mods I try... :)

Also, I just submitted a PR containing the files for that "atmospheric" antenna I made for Telemachus...

Edited by Stone Blue

9 hours ago, tcannonfodder said:

Let me know if anything's broken and if you have any other questions!

I do have a question about the camera feed, how does that work exactly?  Ultimately, I'm assuming we can open a webpage and view the live-in-game camera feed, I've yet to figure out how to get it to work.  You know what would be great is it you could pull up the SCANsat window through telemachus somehow. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.