Wich Planet/Moon do you hate the most?

NSEP

Wich planet/moon do you absolutely HATE?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Wich celestial body in Kerbol do you Hate?

2. 2. Why?

• It looks and is boring
    • Its hard to get to
    • it ruins my plans every time!
    • It looks ugly
    • Not enough science!
    • Another reason

I said Duna but only because it was my first interplanetary target and as such I made a lot of mistakes and ran many missions before i could truly say the mission was a success.  The worst case and my almost rage quit moment was a good clean landing, gathered my science etc and then jeb had a kraken moment on the ladder which damaged my solar panels.  Unable to return to Kerbin :(

My personal nitpicks about the objects I have some problems with:

• Moho: A bit drab.
  • Eve: I can't leave Eve!
  • Gilly: I find it kinda generic with texturing, and is also very hard to get to. A great place for glitches and other fun stuff, though!
  • Kerbin: Mostly overlooked by other destinations.
  • Mun: Too many craters, and too little colors!
  • Ike: I find it too bumpy and too close to Duna.
  • Dres: It is horribly shunned by the KSP community, despite how great it is strategy-wise for Career mode.
  • Jool: Aerobreakes here are nerve-wracking.
  • Vall: Not as interesting as the other large Joolian moons.
  • Tylo: Hard to land on. It makes up for it with its huge amounts of SCIENCE and a very detailed terrain.
  • Bop: Boring (except for the Kraken), generic, and hard to land on. You can't timewarp under 24.5 kilometers! What's up with that?!
  • Pol: It gives me allergies.
  • Eeloo: Why don't you look like Pluto?

I actually like every object here except for Bop. It may be my least favorite object in KSP. Even the Kraken can't save it from being boring! I would only go to it for the sake of SCIENCE or the Jool-5 challenge.

I don't like asteroids, because how the heck are you supposed to get to them? I guess you have to be some kind of math goddess to figure it all out. Plus, what are they good for? I guess they can be used like giant, inefficient fuel tanks, but why not just launch real giant fuel tanks?

The three main bodies in the game I hate are Moho, Ike, and Dres. I would add Duna too, but the only thing I don't like about it is how boring it looks. I like Ike a bit more than Moho and Dres. In fact, I used it to escape Duna easily just this morning. Other times it gets in the way of everything. Moho and Dres are ugly looking, too. Dres is a bit easier to get to than Moho, though. I have to make slightly different rockets (and I mean slightly) to send two perfectly identical landers to each. By far the one I dislike the most is Moho.

Edited by The Raging Sandwich

Its suprising that alot of people hate Eve. I love Eve just because it is very special and different from all the Solar System analogs in the games. But hey, thats my opinion.

On 26.7.2016 at 3:43 PM, Dusty9261 said:

Duna gets my vote.

Sucks because I'm SO close to loving it! And you know what, I AM in love with Duna!...

Pre-0.21 Duna.

Now it's just kinda same-y and doesn't at all have that Mars-esque feel to it for me. I do wish I could get old Duna back though, as I do love travelling there anyway. Would only make it more enticing if the terrain was back to interesting status.

KSPRC has major texture overworks for all celestial bodies, and it makes Duna a lot better.

3: Eeloo, because it's JUST WHITE and it doesn't look like pluto! :(

2: Mun, I mean sure, they ARE keeping it realistic, but it just seems kinda bland.

1: Dres (And I swear to god I'm NOT trying to start the "Dres war" again!), kinda for the same reasoning for the Mun, but the only reason why I hate it SLIGHTLY more than the Mun, is just because it's further away from Kerbin, and as such is harder to get to.

Edited by electricpants
Spelling issues. ;)

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

Its suprising that alot of people hate Eve. I love Eve just because it is very special and different from all the Solar System analogs in the games. But hey, thats my opinion.

I don't hate Eve. It's a really cool, creative, sciencey, and purple planet, but my only nitpick is how hard it is to leave.

2 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I don't hate Eve. It's a really cool, creative, sciencey, and purple planet, but my only nitpick is how hard it is to leave.

Thats true. But thats also why i only send unmanned spaceships there.

I don't really know. I haven't really spent enough time around the other objects to have opinions. I'd say Ike because it's ugly and Gilly because its gravity is painfully low. Mainly Ike though 

I wouldn't say hate so much as intensely dislike, but Tylo definitely takes the cake for me. If you're not paying attention, it will gladly kick anything you have orbiting the Jool system into solar orbit. This is exactly what happened to Hera, my first probe to orbit Jool. I kept trying to adjust my orbit so there wouldn't be any Tylo encounters, but to no avail. Curse that unusually high gravity moon!

Edited by Mrsupersonic8
Redundancy much redundancy?

On 7/29/2016 at 10:11 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:
  • Gilly: I find it kinda generic with texturing, and is also very hard to get to. A great place for glitches and other fun stuff, though!
  • Kerbin: Mostly overlooked by other destinations.
  • Mun: Too many craters, and too little colors!
  • Ike: I find it too bumpy and too close to Duna.
  • Dres: It is horribly shunned by the KSP community, despite how great it is strategy-wise for Career mode.
  • Jool: Aerobreakes here are nerve-wracking.
  • Vall: Not as interesting as the other large Joolian moons.
  • Tylo: Hard to land on. It makes up for it with its huge amounts of SCIENCE and a very detailed terrain.
  • Bop: Boring (except for the Kraken), generic, and hard to land on. You can't timewarp under 24.5 kilometers! What's up with that?!
  • Pol: It gives me allergies.
  • Eeloo: Why don't you look like Pluto?

-Gilly is cheaper to land on and then return to return to kerbin, than the Mun is...but it does take learning the basics of orbital mechanics first:D
-Mun, too little color? Seriously, do you ever go out at night to watch a full moon?
-Dres gives absolutely no advantage to career mode(the asteroids around it for refueling are rendered useless because of the lack of Oberth in those parts of the kolar system), that is why it is visited so rarely(also it doesn't exist in any version of of KSP that I am aware of)
-Jool...just don't aerobrake there...in fact, don't go deeper than 200m into the atmosphere(there are 2 almost Kerbin sized moon zipping around Jool, let them "assist" you:P)
-Tylo, i think Eeloo has way more science(the multipliers are insane there, even for just the craft return)...I don't think the extra binomes on Tylo even adds up to the same amount of science
-Bop...warpunlocker. If you are OK with mods, you will love this(that is all I really wanted to post, sorry if the rest seemed like throwing facts in your face:blush:)

Hate is a strong word... But I do neglect Dres, because it's just another Mun/Ike with no scenery nor a moon of its own. If I had time (and knowledge of Kopernicus) I'd be tempted to give it a makeover, a thin atmosphere, some rings and clouds and such. If I could aerobrake at it, I'd find it much more interesting and useful. Or make it a moon of Eve for the views.

Asteroids... I find very annoying. There doesn't seem to be a good way to calculate how to intercept them and ad-hoc missions bug me. I want numbers and predictions not 'launch in that direction and tweak it'.

Honestly, the Mun always seemed like an eyesore to me. It lacks what makes other planets unique, because it relies on a (frankly) poorly done procedural system in a place that, (frankly) doesn't lend itself well to procedural generation.

Note, by procedural generation I ean like the procedural craters and such, not shapes generated from sound files.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.