Search And Rescue

TMasterson5

Kerbal Search And Rescue

25AOtL5.pngUUhzvpV.pngfn3heGC.pnglfA07ZW.pngIXWVIqt.png

This mod includes various parts to build a coast guard type ship or aircraft from. Im open to reasonable suggestions for new or different parts and seeing you guys' screenshots of the mod in work is always awesome! So go and perform the Coast Guard missions of your wildest Kerbal imaginations and enjoy the parts!

NOTE: I DO NOT have any plans to include wings or rotors or propellers in this mod. I recommend you use the following mods for those parts:

Thank you as always for your continued support and all around general awesomeness!

Download link

Edited by TMasterson5

2 hours ago, sharpspoonful said:

Pretty cool stuff man.

Thank you guys! Kind words are always appreciated

6 hours ago, TheUnamusedFox said:

These are some nice parts, may give me enough of a reason to actual go out and recover my crews without the magical recover button.

2 hours ago, sharpspoonful said:

Pretty cool stuff man.

Thank you guys! Kinds words are always appreciated

Really fun i might add.
bFpVq5h.png
A couple of things:
- Needs window lights
- Nodes were a touch too deep on the hull sections. I had to tweak the hull placements to keep the parts from z-fighting.
- Nodes for the drop tanks and landing gear on the Kuey frame would be nice.
-being able to surface attach to the hull would be nice as well.
Edited by sharpspoonful

7 hours ago, sharpspoonful said:
Really fun i might add.
bFpVq5h.png
A couple of things:
- Needs window lights
- Nodes were a touch too deep on the hull sections. I had to tweak the hull placements to keep the parts from z-fighting.
- Nodes for the drop tanks and landing gear on the Kuey frame would be nice.
-being able to surface attach to the hull would be nice as well.

I have no idea how to do lights sadly or I would

noted will adjust

Also noted. I didn't add them at first for freedom of placement but that's an easy fix.

You should be able to surface attach to pretty much any of the parts. Which part isn't it letting you?

Also awesome screenshot man! And thanks for the compliment! :)

2 hours ago, KOCOUR said:

Game version is missing in the Name of the thread!

Does it really need that? Considering its on the download page and common sense would say the most current version unless other wise stated......

59 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

I have no idea how to do lights sadly or I would

noted will adjust

Also noted. I didn't add them at first for freedom of placement but that's an easy fix.

You should be able to surface attach to pretty much any of the parts. Which part isn't it letting you?

Also awesome screenshot man! And thanks for the compliment! :)

Does it really need that? Considering its on the download page and common sense would say the most current version unless other wise stated......

1. Window Lighting is done through emissive textures. You can find tutorials in the addon development subforum.

2. You can add nodes and keep surfaceAttach active. Food for thought. 

3. I have more photos of each item on the ship (helo, skiff, winch set up for the akiffs) incase you'd like more out SPH/VAB shots :).

4. Adding the version number of the mod and what version of the game helps cut down on install questions cluttering the thread. Especially as the mod get pushed down the thread list.

It's also a good idea to embed the imgur album into the OP

Edited by sharpspoonful

1 hour ago, sharpspoonful said:

1. Window Lighting is done through emissive textures. You can find tutorials in the addon development subforum.

2. You can add nodes and keep surfaceAttach active. Food for thought. 

3. I have more photos of each item on the ship (helo, skiff, winch set up for the akiffs) incase you'd like more out SPH/VAB shots :).

4. Adding the version number of the mod and what version of the game helps cut down on install questions cluttering the thread. Especially as the mod get pushed down the thread list.

It's also a good idea to embed the imgur album into the OP

1. Cool will look into it thanks

2. Yeah I did know that I just didn't think people would want attach nodes but I'm happy to add them for sure. Doesn't take long

3. I mean I'm not gonna turn down more pictures.......

4. Yeah I tried that. It wasn't working for me. Kept getting Imgur album link errors for whatever reason. 

Just now, ckirky said:

very happy to see this mod!

good work as always @TMasterson5!

(why is it that just as i start to move off kerbal to do other things like arma, great mods like these come and drag me back into it?)

Thank you kind sir! And yeah KSP is usually like that. Enjoy the mod man!

2 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Trying to download this mod, but the link takes me to blue hawk industries download. 

1 hour ago, Wraith977 said:

Yeah, link appears to be wrong... This should be correct: http://spacedock.info/mod/861/Search And Rescue

Fixed now my apologies guys. I copy pasted the wrong link earlier today apparently. 

Looking good. :) Are you making the parts in Blender? If so, I'd recommend adding an "edge split" to all of the parts. Something strange is going on with the normals on several of those parts, and that's often a side-effect of smoothing without adding any sharp edges, either manually or via edge split.

BTW, congrats, Kottabos covered this mod today!

21 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

going to get it when i finish with career mode!

Glad to hear it

38 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Looking good. :) Are you making the parts in Blender? If so, I'd recommend adding an "edge split" to all of the parts. Something strange is going on with the normals on several of those parts, and that's often a side-effect of smoothing without adding any sharp edges, either manually or via edge split.

BTW, congrats, Kottabos covered this mod today!

I just saw that actually! Very grateful for the coverage of my mod. Also this is with edge split. it is because they are seperate pieces in blender in order to facilitate the colliders and the inside being open

33 minutes ago, USCG Phoenix said:

Great mod, but the only thing is the Coast Guard never used Hueys.

I am aware. I wasn't trying to copy the USCG, just provide parts for coast guard craft and honestly the Huey is an older model I us from Blue Hawk Industries that is just retextured for this

29 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Also this is with edge split. it is because they are seperate pieces in blender in order to facilitate the colliders and the inside being open

OK, then the edge split isn't doing the right thing (which sometimes happens). You can still totally fix it by manually setting some sharp edges, or you can group-select polygons and hit "y" to detach them (which will allow them to have their normals calculated without influence from things that are facing other directions). It's all fixable. :wink::D

25 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

OK, then the edge split isn't doing the right thing (which sometimes happens). You can still totally fix it by manually setting some sharp edges, or you can group-select polygons and hit "y" to detach them (which will allow them to have their normals calculated without influence from things that are facing other directions). It's all fixable. :wink::D

Cool I'll try those things. Thanks for the tips!