Search And Rescue

TMasterson5

11 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Do you think shouting at someone is a good way to convince them to do you a favor?

oh excrements did not notice that i had caps in, sorry, picture the last text without caps please thank you

1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE ADD ATTACHMENT POINTS AND THE OTHER PLANE AND HELI PARTS!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE USE PWINGS/KRX FOR THE OTHER PARTS AND IT DOESNT NEED ANY MORE ATTACHMENT POINTS!

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Do you think shouting at someone is a good way to convince them to do you a favor?

Thank you sir

59 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

oh excrements did not notice that i had caps in, sorry, picture the last text without caps please thank you

Oh bs you knew you were in caps lock hence the exclamation point at the end. No need to lie. Please get off my mods forum page if you can't act like a civil human being. 

Edited by TMasterson5

Update coming later today hopefully. Possibly tomorrow..... But! It will be mostly minor changes from your requests.

The Huey cabin and fuel tanks now have an attach node to link with eachother

The attachment points on many of the parts have been fine tuned a bit to eliminate some overlap

The rhib is now three separate parts to mitigate the massive framerate drop that was occurring when it was one part

No saved craft should be affected however because nothing was re named

Cutter props thrust has been increased massively which should make it actually ya know, usefull

And POSSIBLY AND IF I can get it to work, the cutter prop and small outboard motors will get reverse thrust features

Update Release!

The Huey cabin and fuel tanks now have an attach node to link with eachother

The attachment points on many of the parts have been fine tuned a bit to eliminate some overlap

The rhib is now three separate parts to mitigate the massive framerate drop that was occurring when it was one part

Cutter props thrust has been increased massively which should make it actually ya know, useful

And the cutter prop and small outboard motors have reverse thrust features

No saved craft should be affected however because nothing was re named

Also huge thanks to @SpannerMonkey(smce) for his help with getting Unity to cooperate and ending up doing the Unity work for the cutter prop and outboard motor and giving them the reverse thrust feature! Check out his other mods if you get a chance, theyre pretty sweet.

2 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

TMasterson5, the attachment node for the Cutter Hull is off a bit.

Hey man thanks off thanks for your support and the heads up! But I'm gonna need more info than hat to fix it. Is it too high, too low, do they overlap, do they leave a gap, also I assume you're referring to the middle hull sections and not the bow, stern, or helipad correct? Also are you connecting them to eachother or another part when the issue occurs. 

13 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Hey man thanks off thanks for your support and the heads up! But I'm gonna need more info than hat to fix it. Is it too high, too low, do they overlap, do they leave a gap, also I assume you're referring to the middle hull sections and not the bow, stern, or helipad correct? Also are you connecting them to eachother or another part when the issue occurs. 

Yup, I'm referring to the middle hull sections. The attachment node for the bow is good, but the node for the stern is a little too far out, as there is a gap between the node and the hull. Other than that, it's good.

50 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Yup, I'm referring to the middle hull sections. The attachment node for the bow is good, but the node for the stern is a little too far out, as there is a gap between the node and the hull. Other than that, it's good.

noted thanks for the heads up!

Absolutely love this mod! In case you don't have enough to do right now (which I'm sure you do) adding some National Security Class parts would be very cool! The styling on the back is nice as you can drive the smaller boats up and inside the vessel. A boat of this type could be relatively easily done with just a variant for the back of the current cutter. Also, adding KAS in recommended mods may be good so people can grab the tenders out of the water and winch them up onto the deck of the cutter! Thanks for all the hard work and time that I'm sure has gone into this wonderful mod!

Hiya! This might just be an issue with me, as I don't see anyone else mentioning it but whenever I switch to another ship and load back or get close enough for it to load it, the Cutter tends to launch into the air. I was using it as more of an exploration/recon ship and would bring a helicopter along to survey the surface, but flying back the ship jumps into the air and usually lands on its side.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to break it to you, but I just personally can't see the Hercules plane parts as flight-worthy. I will definitely be building a Huey thought, with KRX rotors and a KAS winch to deploy the RHIB from the air. Good mod, I like the orange, and I hope to see this updated with improvements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 1:06 PM, Select Few said:

Hiya! This might just be an issue with me, as I don't see anyone else mentioning it but whenever I switch to another ship and load back or get close enough for it to load it, the Cutter tends to launch into the air. I was using it as more of an exploration/recon ship and would bring a helicopter along to survey the surface, but flying back the ship jumps into the air and usually lands on its side.

That is an issue with Stock KSP. It happens with Large Boats Parts Pack ships as well, nothing modders can do.

On 8/27/2016 at 7:54 AM, Spark Plug said:

Sorry to break it to you, but I just personally can't see the Hercules plane parts as flight-worthy. I will definitely be building a Huey thought, with KRX rotors and a KAS winch to deploy the RHIB from the air. Good mod, I like the orange, and I hope to see this updated with improvements.

They are definitely flight worthy. Use KAX and B9Proc Wings.

Update Version .3 is now available

Changes include redoing some models to increase creative options with the mod

added the rails and nets as stand alone parts

added smoke texture to smokestack

resized parts to look a bit more modern and "ship like"

fixed the rotation of the small radar

On 9/14/2016 at 0:26 AM, Baybrawler said:

Nice, I can't wait to try it out! 

Thanks! Let me know what you think!

16 hours ago, smaalle said:

thats correct, but the kerbal coastguard did

Thank you sir

12 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Any chance of a future update with some pieces to use with the rest of the hull to build National Security Cutters?

Youre gonna need to be way more specific than that

2 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Thanks! Let me know what you think!

Thank you sir

Youre gonna need to be way more specific than that

Slimmer/longer bow, flat-faced bridge section, double hangar(is this one even possible?), angled sides rather than straight sides, a bigger smokestack section... Like I said, future update.. I know it'd be a lot of work and not expecting anything. Just figured I'd ask and see if you were planning further expansion to this. 

10976.jpg

11 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Slimmer/longer bow, flat-faced bridge section, double hangar(is this one even possible?), angled sides rather than straight sides, a bigger smokestack section... Like I said, future update.. I know it'd be a lot of work and not expecting anything. Just figured I'd ask and see if you were planning further expansion to this. 

10976.jpg

Not likely sorry. The amount of time and effort and parts that would have to go into creating another entire hull and superstructure setup is just quite alot. The sloping superstructure is feasible but the hull not so much

15 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Not likely sorry. The amount of time and effort and parts that would have to go into creating another entire hull and superstructure setup is just quite alot. The sloping superstructure is feasible but the hull not so much

That's cool. I know a lot of work was involved, and it can't hurt to ask!