Jump to content

Recommended Posts

New version of Search And Rescue is available for download. Changes and link are below. All new parts are picture(I think...)
 
.5
-new angled superstructure sections
-new bridge
-new double hanger
-new smokestack
-changed the scaling of some things
-changed the engine cfg a bit
-changed textures to eliminate the lighting bug that was happening where parts met
-Shouldnt break any existing craft

 

@XOC2008 your wishes have been granted my friend, these are the parts you are looking for!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Pretty awesome mod, but I do have a couple of questions.

 

Everyone else seems to have larger superstructure sections, and a gantry crane. am I missing something.

Also, can more parts be fitted with attachment nodes instead of surface attach? It will make building easier.

 

Oh, and the cockpit for the C-130 looks more like one for a C-27. Just thought I should point that out.

Edited by marsfan
add detail
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some plans for upcoming updates for you guys:

  • Stern with animated cover for boat ramp
  • lift that goes from the stern deck to the regular hull deck
  • hull with "hanger" area that exits at stern deck level
  • Reworking the original bridge model a bit(Not totally sure where to go with that, but Im not happy with it, suggestions are for sure welcome on this one!!! please.....)
  • Redoing the HC-130 to have a more flat bottom
  • Retexture the HC-130 parts
  • Push out a split out for the pack with a military grey style paint job so that you guys can use that color if you want instead
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marsfan said:

 

Pretty awesome mod, but I do have a couple of questions.

 

Everyone else seems to have larger superstructure sections, and a gantry crane. am I missing something.

Also, can more parts be fitted with attachment nodes instead of surface attach? It will make building easier.

 

Oh, and the cockpit for the C-130 looks more like one for a C-27. Just thought I should point that out.

The gantry crane in not sure what you're talking about to be honest. You might be confusing the comm mast with a gantry crane maybe? Others could also be using other mods in their screenshots too

 

all of the parts are tweakscaleable so that could be it. Also if you haven't updated yet there was an update today to the mod so that could be why also

 

I do not plan to simply because attach nodes are a pain to do and surface attach allows for more creativity in the designs

 

The cockpit was modeled with an overlay of a USCG HC-130, though the C-27's do look quite alike to the c-130 family so there may be some commonalities between the two that you are seeing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

The gantry crane in not sure what you're talking about to be honest. You might be confusing the comm mast with a gantry crane maybe? Others could also be using other mods in their screenshots too

 

all of the parts are tweakscaleable so that could be it. Also if you haven't updated yet there was an update today to the mod so that could be why also

 

I do not plan to simply because attach nodes are a pain to do and surface attach allows for more creativity in the designs

 

The cockpit was modeled with an overlay of a USCG HC-130, though the C-27's do look quite alike to the c-130 family so there may be some commonalities between the two that you are seeing. 

Ok cool. I might look into nodes, will upload modified files if I get it working.

 

USCG-HC130H-1703-040901-15.JPG

Looking at a USCG Hercules vs a Spartan (USCG is getting those btw), the C-130 has a little bit more "flatness" to the cockpit. I have no problem with the current cockpit design, just thought I would point that out. Sorry if I sounded demanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, marsfan said:

Ok cool. I might look into nodes, will upload modified files if I get it working.

 

USCG-HC130H-1703-040901-15.JPG

Looking at a USCG Hercules vs a Spartan (USCG is getting those btw), the C-130 has a little bit more "flatness" to the cockpit. I have no problem with the current cockpit design, just thought I would point that out. Sorry if I sounded demanding.

I would suggest that you not do that and would also suggest you check the license that covers this mod which is available on the download site before taking any further action  

 

youre good man, I plan to rework the cockpit a bit as it is far from where I want it to be. I just got tired of working it when I first released and haven't touched it since. It will be coming with the rework of the other c-130 parts though so stay tuned. 

Edited by TMasterson5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMasterson5 said:

Some plans for upcoming updates for you guys:

  • Stern with animated cover for boat ramp
  • lift that goes from the stern deck to the regular hull deck
  • hull with "hanger" area that exits at stern deck level
  • Reworking the original bridge model a bit(Not totally sure where to go with that, but Im not happy with it, suggestions are for sure welcome on this one!!! please.....)
  • Redoing the HC-130 to have a more flat bottom
  • Retexture the HC-130 parts
  • Push out a split out for the pack with a military grey style paint job so that you guys can use that color if you want instead

The original bridge is fine for a famous class ship, and certainly looks the part. It just looks very out of place on anything bigger, no way could I use it to build a legend class/national security cutter and have it look right. Now you just need to model a Jayhawk with folding blades for the hangars! Hahaha (btw, love the folding nets. Small details like that are just awesome.) I think the only thing the new parts might need is re: the hangar, having angled sides that match the new angled pieces, but I understand wanting to keep it similar to the other one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

The original bridge is fine for a famous class ship, and certainly looks the part. It just looks very out of place on anything bigger, no way could I use it to build a legend class/national security cutter and have it look right. Now you just need to model a Jayhawk with folding blades for the hangars! Hahaha (btw, love the folding nets. Small details like that are just awesome.) I think the only thing the new parts might need is re: the hangar, having angled sides that match the new angled pieces, but I understand wanting to keep it similar to the other one.

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat as you on that bridge. It's very class specific whereas at least the new bridge while modeled as a NSC bridge can be used for whatever. 

 

Ha yeah let me get right on that...... lol

 

yeah I'm with you on that one with the details in things

 

Did I not put angled sides on them? Damnit....... I thought I had my bad man will fix for the next update

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat as you on that bridge. It's very class specific whereas at least the new bridge while modeled as a NSC bridge can be used for whatever. 

 

Ha yeah let me get right on that...... lol

 

yeah I'm with you on that one with the details in things

 

Did I not put angled sides on them? Damnit....... I thought I had my bad man will fix for the next update

Nope, no angles on the double hangar, just flat sides. I'll make sure to update when it's out!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update up for SAR. Changes:
 

.6
    added cover to stern ramp
    added hull section with hanger and a lift that goes from stern deck to hull deck heights
    changed models for bridge and hanger 2
    fixed lag issues with RHIB
    slightly changed the base texture for the mod

 

@XOC2008 fixed

BYOOfvq.png

gyrKDAS.png

Edited by TMasterson5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

I would suggest that you not do that and would also suggest you check the license that covers this mod which is available on the download site before taking any further action  

 

youre good man, I plan to rework the cockpit a bit as it is far from where I want it to be. I just got tired of working it when I first released and haven't touched it since. It will be coming with the rework of the other c-130 parts though so stay tuned. 

 

Once again I screwed up on what I meant. I meant I would upload them on this specific thread for you to distribute. Just trying to lend a hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marsfan said:

Once again I screwed up on what I meant. I meant I would upload them on this specific thread for you to distribute. Just trying to lend a hand.

To save you some time, I won't distribute it as nodes often are more in the way than anything else for me sorry  

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

Much better:

eazxHJ9.png4sGa2f4.pngfB5j7HC.jpg

Herefor you sir. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...