A new type of Kerbal Space Program game?

I have what could be one of the most interesting suggestions ever created by man. The idea is, taking the KSP universe, and adding a Story to it, along with adding player choices and dialog(Subtitles) ETC. You could play as all 4 of the main kerbals(Jeb, Bill, Bob, Valentina) through their story of getting into spaceflight/the missions that they do. The player could make certain choices such as, add moar boosters, or add moar struts, or something else along those lines. And play through a select amount as missions as the kerbals from their pov. Some of the downsides to all of this is that it would be extremely linear(as a lot of telltale games are), as well as it would remove the sandbox aspect of the original game. But, some of the upsides to this idea would be, It would give the community a lot of backstory to each main kerbal. As well as it would expand the universe significantly and would confirm or deny a lot of speculation in the KSP universe. It would be an awesome experiment to attempt, as well as very rewarding, but it would without a doubt come with its hardships. Would it be a good idea on Squads part? Probably not, but I think that it shouldn't be completely ruled out for the time being.

So what are your guy's thoughts on this? How would you make this idea better? Or, what other style of game would you have made?

That would be a cool idea- but then bad things would happen. it would split the game. Mods would have to choose one side or both- and for big mods, that would be hard. KSP's fame would split. Role-playing for a Person or role-playing for an Entire Space program. I think it would be better off for a mod.

Other than that, great  idea!!!

Edited by Concodroid

If I were ever to pay for any KSP sequel it would be Kerbal Aviation Program. Procedural parts + propellers + Earth-sized Kerbin + ability to create races + realistic atmosphere + guns + multiplayer.

Basically a mash-up of IL-2 and GTA V with Kerbals and without cars and hand held weapons (+ the ability to build cool stuff of course).

Edited by Veeltch

14 hours ago, Veeltch said:

If I were ever to pay for any KSP sequel it would be Kerbal Aviation Program. Procedural parts + propellers + Earth-sized Kerbin + ability to create races + realistic atmosphere + guns + multiplayer.

Basically a mash-up of IL-2 and GTA V with Kerbals and without cars and hand held weapons (+ the ability to build cools stuff of course).

That sounds pretty cool to me! But pretty complex.

I would like to see another program as a new game. Like Kerbal Emergency Program or something like that. (It does not have to be a 911 simulator, but you get the idea.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.