Entire Career File Corrupted

PS4 Version

Ran into a very depressing bug a couple days ago.

Was playing in career mode, and finally reached the point where I was able to buy some space plane parts.

I had no problem with the game prior, and actually had 2 saved files for separate career campaigns.  Upon leaving the hanger to go to the runway, the game simply froze.  I waited about 3-4 minutes before hitting the PS button, and manually closing the application.  The game closed and I got an error message. 

This isn't the first time that the game has crashed, so I didn't think much of it.  However, when I went back into the game, it said that both of my saved games were corrupted and should be deleted.

So 10-15 hrs of messing around, entirely gone.

I know I'm not the first person to post this.  Squad, or porters, I don't care who, but this needs to be addressed.  Nothing loses a customer faster than causing their time and involvement to be entirely corrupted and worthless.

For the record I've had the same thing happen to me, binning about 25 hours of career game progress. This was after a game crash yesterday evening while switching scenes.

On PC I'd be ticked off, but shrug my shoulders and edit a persistence file to unlock back up to where I was, or some such similar of a dozen similar actions.

Unfortunately on PS4 none of those options are available to me, so instead I suspect I'll just not bother with the PS4 game any more.

Pretty disappointing as despite the many niggles, it was an enjoyable experience until this point.

Edited by timmers_uk

I am so sorry to hear you too have been hit by this BS.

I tweeted to Flying Tiger to check these forums as people are not happy and the reply said, "There is an update coming".

Nice of them to let the customers know.. The silence makes me think they either do not know how to fix this or they are too worried to acknowledge that they messed up big time.

1 minute ago, Majorjim said:

I am so sorry to hear you too have been hit by this BS.

I tweeted to Flying Tiger to check these forums as people are not happy and the reply said, "There is an update coming".

Nice of them to let the customers know.. The silence makes me think they either do not know how to fix this or they are too worried to acknowledge that they messed up big time.

im hoping we hear something in todays dev notes,  but not holding my breath.   FT have been saying an update is coming for a bit now,  as thats what they told me over a week ago...

my guess is the silence is because these are issues that the PC side also had and fixed before the console version ever came out,  so they dont want to take heat for releasing a version that still has these problems, when they should have been taken care of at the same time.  all the crashes i get are in the same spots 1.1 crashed on my pc,  and my saves would love up at the similar times aswell.  but the problem is made worse by how the consoles handle saved game data

Does backing up the save to a USB work? I had a crash like this early in my game, so I've been backing my save up just in case, I haven't tried to reload it yet since I haven't had a crash since, so I can't confirm that it'll work but I don't see why not. I'm about 20 hours in now. I'm hoping this is a temporary solution for now so I don't have to worry about losing so many hours of progress. 

1 hour ago, Sundaygloom said:

Does backing up the save to a USB work? I had a crash like this early in my game, so I've been backing my save up just in case, I haven't tried to reload it yet since I haven't had a crash since, so I can't confirm that it'll work but I don't see why not. I'm about 20 hours in now. I'm hoping this is a temporary solution for now so I don't have to worry about losing so many hours of progress. 

yea it works, ive recovered a few files that way.   there is the slight chance of you backing up a corrupted save tho if your not careful when you back it up.   if you have multiple usb drives, using a rotation to have more then 1 backup may make some feel safer

52 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

yea it works, ive recovered a few files that way.   there is the slight chance of you backing up a corrupted save tho if your not careful when you back it up.   if you have multiple usb drives, using a rotation to have more then 1 backup may make some feel safer

Thanks for the reply. I do have two USB drives laying around. I'll start to rotate my saves just in case. 

I've been pretty lucky with crashes so far compared to what I hear from other people, just good to know I have backups just in case. 

1 hour ago, James M said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/4ur9hi/devnote_tuesday_fuel_flow/

I know for a fact I downloaded the game before last Tuesday and there hasn't been an update since then, therefore I imagine they're probably talking about this upcoming Tuesday.

could you pull a quote from the dev blog to support what your saying?   ive read that several times, and no where does it say a console update will be released on tuesday. the most it says is that they are working on one, and mentions patients

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, timmers_uk said:

For the record I've had the same thing happen to me, binning about 25 hours of career game progress. This was after a game crash yesterday evening while switching scenes.

On PC I'd be ticked off, but shrug my shoulders and edit a persistence file to unlock back up to where I was, or some such similar of a dozen similar actions.

Unfortunately on PS4 none of those options are available to me, so instead I suspect I'll just not bother with the PS4 game any more.

Pretty disappointing as despite the many niggles, it was an enjoyable experience until this point.

I feel your pain im on Xbox and this is destroying my dreams and goals I was hoping to do if it wasn't for this bug I probably would have a fleet of ships and a moon base by now! Lol and all of my 12 rovers that should be on duna that I had to redo cuz of this lol! ;.;

Edited by JsfPyro
typo

9 hours ago, DD_bwest said:

could you pull a quote from the dev blog to support what your saying?   ive read that several times, and no where does it say a console update will be released on tuesday. the most it says is that they are working on one, and mentions patients

Literally the first sentence... It says "on console". Are you sure you read it? If I'm wrong and there isn't an update Tuesday, fine. I'm just saying that I hope that that's the case. 

Edited by James M

Just now, James M said:

Literally the first sentence... It says "on console". Are you sure you read it?

i think you need to read that first sentence a few more times.  and then read the rest of the paragraph.  then maybe read the devnote from a week before.

"Just like last week we’ll start out with an update on the console releases, and the PlayStation 4 release in Europe in particular. "

This would be the first sentence,  they state that this weeks devnote will update us on how the euro release for consoles is going, considering many are still waiting for it. They then follow with the update

"Despite our best efforts there’s no news to share on this front yet: we’re still going through the paperwork. We’ll keep you updated as the situation develops of course. "

Right. The console "update" they gave, was to tell us that they had no news on an update. Not much bloody help.

" Just like last week we’ll start out with an update on the console releases, and the PlayStation 4 release in Europe in particular. Despite our best efforts there’s no news to share on this front yet: we’re still going through the paperwork. "

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.