Today (27 of July) I tinkered around with aeroplane parts, trying to build something with good speed and decent altitude, along with fuel efficiency.

Of course when you want fuel efficiency and speed, you usually want something small, so thats what I went with.

I also wanted something very controllable and eventually ended up with this,

The FlyFish

pgGfBCPl.jpg

fP0QdLMl.jpg

mmjaDksl.jpg

The FlyFish can go up to 365.2 meters a second, passing the sound barrier, though it is more stable at around 320 m/s or less.

It can go up to 10,000 meters until it meets serious stalling. Recommended altitude is around 8000. 

It is turns very fast, but due to that it is hard to make small changes; it is not as controllable, but I can be easily fixed with a remote guidance unit.

Easy to land, hard to land In specific places. I had small troubles landing at the runway after testing.

Wheels could use some adjusting due to take off issues.

The FlyFish is very efficient, I landed near the end of the peninsula KSC is located at. Math tells me it could circumnavigate Kerbin.

Do note that it cannot land on the sea, despite its name. It is named for its resemblance to the actual marine animal, the flying fish.

With a few tweaks and checks this project will be completed.

I would expect completion within a week or so.

Edited by RonnieThePotato

I made another aircraft that I'm way prouder of.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/145239-douglas-x-3-stiletto-made-in-kerbal-space-program-somehow-it-works/

Based on a real plane. What surprises me is the large lift from those small wings. And the only surface control is from the crafts tail! Hence the thread name.

I also have a download for it, I really recommend trying it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.