Instant Bases

As a relatively new KSP player, I find it hard to get to places like the Mun and other planets easily with bases and such. It would be awesome if you added an option to instantly spawn the base you built in the VAB or the SPH onto a planet and location of your choosing. The same with satellites and stations.

8 hours ago, Dragoon said:

As a relatively new KSP player, I find it hard to get to places like the Mun and other planets easily with bases and such. It would be awesome if you added an option to instantly spawn the base you built in the VAB or the SPH onto a planet and location of your choosing. The same with satellites and stations.

I would kind of like a Base-in-a-Package: a deployable base that emerges from a 3.75m box and can fold back up into said box.

If you want a deployable base check out MKS LITE it's an inflatable base system in which you can land one central lander with inflatable buildings already attached. You fly the one lander to your destination and then inflate the modules on site.

It's pretty close to the "3.75m box" you were asking for

Edited by tjt

It would be good if you need to mine ore, covert it into metal and then start building the base with that. But building a base with no effort makes the game less fun. But there is a mod for. Its called extra planetary launchpads. But you need to build a base to build a base. So yeah. You could also use the Vessel mover mod to spawn a base. But that is cheating. (Kind of)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.