Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

On 9/23/2019 at 8:09 PM, cubinator said:

Caption this

8Clqhqh.png

Ender's game with lightsabers.

Taking an art class this year. We made paper cranes and sketched them for still life practice. My drawings aren't super great yet but the class is already helping a lot:

Pz5QxLg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I have a few more but this is the best drawing i've done as of yet. 

Edited by Kernel Kraken
Sorry about vertical picture, idiot me has no forsight.

16 hours ago, cubinator said:

doot doot

2zdvwVr.png

doot doot

Thanks, Mr. Skeltal. 

This is such a cool thread, so many great artists to steal ideas get inspiration from.

Edit: Today in art we were tasked with creating an ugly baby. This is my abomination:

JpgHTw0.jpg

Edited by Kernel Kraken

• 2 weeks later...

In my Art class, we're about to do self portraits (which usually destroy my self esteem, as either I look really and can draw well or I look really good and draw terribly) and I had to make an eye:

hIWdgy7_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Later, we had to make a creature with more than 2 eyes (not finished):

NilXP8L.jpg

Could use some advice. The first eye looks okay but none of eldritch Homer's look good. It's not done yet, but I can't figure out what to change about the eyes.

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Could use some advice. The first eye looks okay but none of eldritch Homer's look good. It's not done yet, but I can't figure out what to change about the eyes.

Homer's eyes seem to have a less natural shape. Look at the outline of the first eye, and try to replicate that.

I'm continuing my advance into higher-dimensional art: a cross-section of a hand reaching for a cube.

tQDlhYt.png

I like the aesthetic of how this turned out. The colors are pleasing. I'll probably keep with this sort of style with future four-dimensional art.

Spoiler

I imagined that the hand would probably have fingers which envelop the box in a roughly polyhedral form, so I gave it about twelve fingers to wrap around in an icosahedron, which would converge spherically onto the object to pick it up. Parts of the palm are visible on one side, as the being's hand is at a slight angle, casually reaching for the hypercube, whose corner we see here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.