Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

57 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh hey, I thought I lost this folder...These are a couple of things I airbrushed about 15 years or so ago...

Hide contents

vpq77av.jpg

ZddlNzQ.jpg

These are awesome! It reminds me of old Atari game cover art.

Here's a few drawings of mine from the past month or so. 

gFocQY8.jpg

A sketch of Carl Sagan—I wasn't totally satisfied with it, but I'd say it was decent. 

IJmhitl.jpg

The MCRN Tachi/Rocinante from the TV show The Expanse.

wNY2WjY.jpg

The Fuso, the Japanese battleship with the ridiculous pagoda mast superstructure.

JcpuVXD.jpg

A drawing I did for school of a fictional moon. The sun was partially inspired by TRAPPIST-One, and the reddish gas giant from an artists rendition of a planet I can't quite remember the name of, with the moon mostly based on Io. 

Yxml0qT.jpg

The earliest of the set, a big Star Destroyer with a Lambda transport in the front.

I made some new ones during the week.

f7iZely.jpg

17 January 1991, Iraq : Operation Desert Storm just has been initiated. Splitting the air in the darkness a Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk from the 37th Tactical Fighter Wing of the U.S Air Force is dropping one of its laser guided-bomb over Baghdad's strategic targets while the Iraqi anti-air defense is lightening the sky of tracers and projectors.
The raid, initially seen as a total success, was later decreed as a partial failure.
But the fact that the Nighthawks were able to enter and escape from Baghdad, then one of the most well defended city in the world, without any loss was, is and will stay a great achievement in the aviation and military histories.

9zk46Sh.jpg

3rd June 1973, France : the Tupolev Tu-144S Charger is taking-off from Paris Le Bourget in the howling of its Kuznetsov NK-144A engines. 
Fighting for the Supersonic transport first place against the Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde during this 1973 airshow the crew tried to push the aircraft to its known limits while the team of Tupolev bureau deactivated the securities of the onboard computer to let the crew realized their maneuvers. 
After having realized an impressive take-off and a low altitude passage over the field the crew re-engaged the afterburner to climb at full thrust. The aircraft later initiated a steep dive and while the crew tried to recover the aerodynamic and dynamic forces broke the right wing, making the aircraft spinning to its back where the forces destroyed its fuselage in thee main parts which finally crashed on the small town of Goussainville. 

The crew of six and eight others peoples were killed in the tragedy. 
This accident marked the death of the Tu-144 program which was already seriously threatened by its opponents within the Soviet airplane industry. 

The crash site now got a stone placed along one of the town main road and which can be approached.

And my favorite of the week :

qrGQ8g8.jpg

An Air France Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation is climbing out from Paris Le Bourget airport in a stormy night from one of the multiple daily flights to New York Idlewild airport (now JFK) in 1956.
F-BGNJ enter in service with AF in 1953 and was immediately reservede to some of the most glorious destinations of the time, Buenos Aires, NYC or Delhi. 
As all of the airline's Super Constellation "November Juliett" originally was a L-1049C then was modernized as a L-1049G in 1956, at this occasion she also received a red "Super-G" paint on her fuselage and tail.
She kept on flying for Air France for nearly 14 years until the 8 August 1967 after 24 284 hours of flight then is sold to Air Fret.

She is re-registered as F-BRAD in 1968 and is used for medical evacuation in the short lived Republic of Biafra (a secessionist state of Nigeria) and in others conflict places. "Alfa Delta" finally came back to France in 1974 when she landed for the last time at Nantes Atlantique airport.

She just escaped to her dismantling when Mr. Gaborit bought her for a little sum in order to make peoples visit her at the parking of the airport. She now was totally renovated, repainted to the colors of Air France with her original registration and still can be visited at Nantes.

Well, I've decided. It was hard, but I have chosen it. Here's my YouTube banner with my character:

Wrhkofo.png

how is it?

I think my work here is done.

And yes, this was in Krita.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

On 21/05/2017 at 10:09 PM, Just Jim said:

Oh hey, I thought I lost this folder...These are a couple of things I airbrushed about 15 years or so ago...

Hey, barely back when "airbrush" meant an actual physical tool! :D

I fixed the Lunar Lander from Back To The Moon a bit (I bet an oxygen molecule nobody remembers that).

It now has a smaller tin can landing section, instead of a longer cylinder on its side, giving it more Delta-V for landing, the previous version did not have enough fuel to succesfully rendez-vous with the CSM (to the right).

bttm__lunar_set_by_zanzalur-dbaa25d.jpg

Also, i drew a cubesat and a banana for scale

38 minutes ago, GluttonyReaper said:

Read: A drawing of Sputnik from an alternate dimension where really tall people throw satellites into orbit :P

Haha, thats actually fits well with the drawing ;D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.