Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

Played around with non-gas-giant planet atmospheres. Awhile back I tried making Earth with drawn-on low-detail continents, but it produced a cartoon-ish style (Not complaining. That drawing with Earth is incomplete at the moment). Instead, this time I made my own homemade texture before adding an atmosphere, and it worked.

D7ccCuB.png

Above are multiple different configurations of the planet/moon I made, showing one reason why I enjoy crafting digital planet art (if the animation isn't working due to the APNG format, click on it for a backup in GIF format).

With an atmospheric moon on hand, I went to a gas giant I had started to create earlier this year, seen here in a cartoon-ish style with minimal work done to it.

CmNjPTr.png

With proper changes for reusability and aesthetic purposes, the result (though not necessarily final, as something seems off, besides the terminator on the gas giant being too large and visible) of the above two drawings combined is the below APNG (with a GIF backup linked, accessible via clicking it). I also forged a similar, mirrored version for my signature.

G86zwL3.png

(if the animations are lagging the page, tell me, and I'll put them in spoilers)

Edited by LaytheDragon

10 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

Played around with non-gas-giant planet atmospheres. Awhile back I tried making Earth with drawn-on low-detail continents, but it produced a cartoon-ish style (Not complaining. That drawing with Earth is incomplete at the moment). Instead, this time I made my own homemade texture before adding an atmosphere, and it worked.

D7ccCuB.png

Above are multiple different configurations of the planet/moon I made, showing one reason why I enjoy crafting digital planet art (if the animation isn't working due to the APNG format, click on it for a backup in GIF format).

With an atmospheric moon on hand, I went to a gas giant I had started to create earlier this year, seen here in a cartoon-ish style with minimal work done to it.

CmNjPTr.png

With proper changes for reusability and aesthetic purposes, the result (though not necessarily final, as something seems off, besides the terminator on the gas giant being too large and visible) of the above two drawings combined is the below APNG (with a GIF backup linked, accessible via clicking it). I also forged a similar, mirrored version for my signature.

G86zwL3.png

(if the animations are lagging the page, tell me, and I'll put them in spoilers)

Holy shesus.

That is gorgeous! I can't even point out the best part, it is fully perfect!

1 hour ago, cratercracker said:

That is gorgeous! I can't even point out the best part, it is fully perfect!

As a bonus, for an excuse to create more atmospheres, I just now quickly made some more variants of the atmospheric planet/moon, and threw them into the first animation. The animation speed has been lowered and the green version removed to allow easier comparison between them all.

bV8YOnH.png

As before, open the image link to view a GIF backup if the animation doesn't work. The image is in APNG format because it is a newer animated format that has (or at least should) image visual quality improvements compared to GIF, but the format isn't supported by all browsers and applications (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari now all support it, though)

Edited by LaytheDragon

I just restarted today to recover a bit.

wallabies_in_vietnam_by_xb_70a-dbhr2um.j

I talk with someone today about foreign implication in the Vietnam War as he was convinced that only the USA were implied in it. So I tried to make that scribbles with some of the black painted DHC-4 Caribou of the Royal Australian Air Force which were based at Vung Tau between 64 and 72.

ki4vtjH.jpg

A try at a mostly realistic space combat drawing—I kept the drawing to realistic weapons like lasers, railguns, coilguns and missiles, and the ships use Orion drives, but I'd imagine much of these drones would've been taken out, and the Orion drive nuclear charges exploding would be much brighter.  That said, I'm quite happy with the ship designs and the coloring for that.

18 hours ago, Pine said:

Also, mini cooper rally car!

Awesome! I formally was against the idea of Coopers in rallye, to me they were and should had stayed cities car, then... I saw them and started to like their actions in live. The beginning wasn't really easy with all their default but now they are some pretty nice and enduring wagons.

Otherwise I still try to draw a bit to regain some practice, but my hand still is not really responding to what I would like... to be honest I still can't really felt it. Anyway here is the one of today :

vaPGVSt.jpg

Back to the space with the inaugural launch of Ariane 1 on 24 December 1979 with the 1.6 tons CAT-1 onboard.

I found @SaturnianBlue's Saturn V really great and it gives me the envy to try again since the Soyuz made months ago.

I just tried another launcher themed drawing by working on my favorite of all but...

9LMezVF.jpg

22 August 2006, Zenit-3SL is lifting-off from Odyssey with the 4465 kg Koreasat 5 onboard.

Once again I tried to make some fume effects but I'm still unable to realize them without spoiling everything...

21 minutes ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

off course it might depend wich kind of rules your usually follow or not ^^

According to what I'm seeing here, all hardpoints are empty but the canon still is present... for sure this custom officer got balls, or is stupid... or both.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.