Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

Look! A Velicoraptor chasing a butterfly.

velicoraptor_chasing_butterfly_by_zanzal

I also experimented with scanning, my previous scanned images where all kinda greyish so i increased the contrast.

What do you think?

Edited by NSEP

10 minutes ago, monstah said:

I get it that the Velociraptor was smaller than we usually think of it, but the Velicoraptor is tiny!

(BTW, I share the love for dinosaurs <3 <3)

Yup, Velicoraptor is quite puny, the size of a small chicken i think.

19 minutes ago, monstah said:

I get it that the Velociraptor was smaller than we usually think of it, but the Velicoraptor is tiny!

Remember, butterflies were a bit bigger back then too.

Possibly.

I must admit that, while I've also read that arthropods were larger back then on account of the oxi-rich atmosphere, I've never seen a serious take on how large exactly.

Anyway, who cares. DINOSAUR DRAWING. WOHOO.

:) 

The USS Akron takes on new aircraft and supplies from fellow non-flying aircraft carrier, USS Lexington. Currently a SBD Dauntless is being loaded on board, with a Wildcat on the deck. [1941, Alternate Historical]

d4125f1663762495bb34fe1ede24b854.jpg

Edited by Spacetraindriver

It took me about three days to make it...

wabjaET.jpg

12 April 1981, 12.00 UTC, OV-102 Columbia is lifting-off from the Launch Pad 39A during STS-1.

Problem was, I had to work a lot, the papers I'm scrawling on are pretty small for good details (21.6 x 17.8 cm/8.5 x 5.5 in) but most of all it gave me sadness as Columbia was my favorite of all... I will never forget this 1st February 2003.

There is a lot of mistakes too, like wrong elevons "paint", the SRBs look like a hybrid between the original four "segments" ones and the latter five (and I still don't know why I did that) plus the fact that "United States" and "NASA" are wrote like a 8 years old kid would mostly did.

On 07/08/2017 at 1:19 PM, NSEP said:

Look! A Velicoraptor chasing a butterfly.

velicoraptor_chasing_butterfly_by_zanzal

I also experimented with scanning, my previous scanned images where all kinda greyish so i increased the contrast.

What do you think?

On 07/08/2017 at 1:43 PM, monstah said:

It's not tiny, it's just newly hatched :).  The butterfly could be bigger than the ones today but the reign of the truly Giant insects ( 2 Foot Predatory Dragon Flies no less.. wouldn't want to be bitten by one of those ) Was in the Carboniferous about 300 million years ago whereas Velociraptor existed in the Late Cretaceous about 85 million years ago.  I can quite imagine that a young/hatchling raptor would predate the larger insects.

2 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Where, specifically?

To my eyes, it looks pretty orthographic. Kinda like you're taking a picture from a long way away and zooming in, rather than taking picture up close. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's more a stylistic choice than anything :wink: 

29 minutes ago, GluttonyReaper said:

To my eyes, it looks pretty orthographic. Kinda like you're taking a picture from a long way away and zooming in, rather than taking picture up close. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's more a stylistic choice than anything :wink: 

I could see that, it explains a lot.

@Kokoro these are all sketches that you do by hand and then scan into the computor? They are very nice, i love the halfway inbetween point that you manage to capture between realistic art and an anime(?)-ish style. 

Edited by Benjamin Kerman
You love to live, you live to love

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 5:13 PM, Benjamin Kerman said:

@Kokoro these are all sketches that you do by hand and then scan into the computor? They are very nice, i love the halfway inbetween point that you manage to capture between realistic art and an anime(?)-ish style. 

Thank you. ^_^

Today I have been working on more characters.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:07 AM, Spacetraindriver said:

The USS Akron takes on new aircraft and supplies from fellow non-flying aircraft carrier, USS Lexington. Currently a SBD Dauntless is being loaded on board, with a Wildcat on the deck. [1941, Alternate Historical]

d4125f1663762495bb34fe1ede24b854.jpg

I don't think the Akron could even hold a Dauntless in its bay, or even the weight. 

Still, it's very good, and I do like it a lot. I'd like to see more flying aircraft carriers. Reminds me of a great video game...

...maybe it should be called something else. Pandora, anyone? 

*sigh

Has anyone played Crimson Skies? Anyone? Please?

37 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

I don't think the Akron could even hold a Dauntless in its bay, or even the weight.

I was more concerned about the Akron fitting into the Lexington! It's just my silly fantasy, I imagine some sort of extension to the hangar and docking bay, but idk how to fix the weight. :P

Here's me (based on my interests [of course :P] as a Kerbal I guess, A train driving, plane flying, engineering, drawing, Kerbal.

289936de1a8729bbe6fa8c890087bd88.jpg

If it isn't a hassle I suppose a 'challenge' of sorts. Considering we are in the KSP fourms, I propose participants in this thread to draw themselves as Kerbal, just a suggestion, y'know, you don't have to,...just a idea...

(Though @Kokoro seems to have it covered already!)

17 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

I was more concerned about the Akron fitting into the Lexington! It's just my silly fantasy, I imagine some sort of extension to the hangar and docking bay, but idk how to fix the weight. :P

Here's me (based on my interests [of course :P] as a Kerbal I guess, A train driving, plane flying, engineering, drawing, Kerbal.

289936de1a8729bbe6fa8c890087bd88.jpg

If it isn't a hassle I suppose a 'challenge' of sorts. Considering we are in the KSP fourms, I propose participants in this thread to draw themselves as Kerbal, just a suggestion, y'know, you don't have to,...just a idea...

(Though @Kokoro seems to have it covered already!)

Fitting it into the Lexington? If I recall, planes were loaded onto the Akron (and the Macon) after it was flying. The airship would cast off and then the planes would follow and grapple the trapeze. Of course, airship tender ships with mooring masts were built, and would likely be used. Sorry, I'm a total nerd when it comes to this stuff.

I might just draw myself as a Kerbal. I'll see if I can find the time.

30 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

Fitting it into the Lexington? If I recall, planes were loaded onto the Akron (and the Macon) after it was flying. The airship would cast off and then the planes would follow and grapple the trapeze. Of course, airship tender ships with mooring masts were built, and would likely be used. Sorry, I'm a total nerd when it comes to this stuff.

I might just draw myself as a Kerbal. I'll see if I can find the time.

*onto the Lexington whoops :P 

Spoiler

stupid phone keyboard too small for my fingers :P 

Edited by Spacetraindriver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.