Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

On 2/9/2018 at 5:20 PM, Delay said:

When I draw rockets, it would be an insult against the space industry.

That being said, what are good things a "beginner" could draw? I really want to become better (and by that I mean "good") at drawing.

Literally anything is the general advice. Try drawing something near you that doesn't move for a start. Or something from a reference image. The general rule of thumb is if you draw more, you will improve. Maybe slowly, but eventually.

On 09.02.2018 at 5:12 PM, Kokoro said:

Useless.  My drawings arent improving.

Just try to draw an elephant on the moon, or a crow wearing hat. Or, maybe, cat elemental.

When you're drawing only girls in your style, that's very cute, but not challenging. And at the moment when you'll try to draw something else, you will think you can't draw at all. New characters and new ideas will be very hard, but after them you will progress. Challenge is the painter's life and the word "new" means that you're alive person. Machines now can repeat existing characters and ideas, but only people can invent the new ones.

Edited by Luch
o_O

9U9YMib.png

A sketch of a Martian polar ski trooper of sorts, I guess? The idea is that not only has Mars been somewhat terraformed, but the people themselves have also adapted themselves to suit the climate as well, so they no longer wear spacesuits (although they carry an oxygen tank in case they run across someone else). 

I think coloring is the next step—it'll definitely make it obvious that this is in fact Mars and all, and will bring out the details (especially the red-green-blue flag of Mars).

Edited by SaturnianBlue

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Almost looks like a screenshot from Space Engine! I like it!

Haven't seen you in a while.

DLC came so did I!

asteroid_city_by_wjolcz-dc543kt.jpg

deep_space_kuiper_belt_object_by_wjolcz-

dyson_swarm_by_wjolcz-dc4y53v.jpg

Some more just to keep this on topic.

Edit: No idea why these look so bad. DeviantArt app must be compressing them or something.

Edited by Veeltch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.