Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

9 hours ago, cratercracker said:

I just love soviet-era tanks and IFVs, probably because i will have to die in one, some day.

2nsrgoi.jpg

This is really good! I really like the second one!

No, you won't. Unless you have a totalitarian leader that forces everyone to sign up for the army or navy.

17 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

A few new ones today:

Reveal hidden contents

XqCneME.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

SlPVLZD.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

yApNCol.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

yDYbruy.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

su7wFmK.jpg

The "censored" part is my real name. 

Reveal hidden contents

B429nHn.jpg

Which one is your favorite? 

First

12 hours ago, cratercracker said:

I just love soviet-era tanks and IFVs, probably because i will have to die in one, some day.

Hmmm, maybe this also explains my love for the Big Falcon Rocket...

5 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

No, you won't. Unless you have a totalitarian leader that forces everyone to sign up for the army or navy.

In Russia, by the reach of age of 18, you will be signed up for the army, if you didn’t manage to get into an institute/university/college or get a proper job.

Oh and you won’t be paid. (Unless you went there willingly and signed a contract)

But, we’re getting too close to politics. So, let’s get back to topic :)

Edited by cratercracker

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

AAAAHH I LOVE THIS THING! IM HOOKED.

Glad your loving it. I wonder what you would have thought if you had gotten a smaller tablet instead of the nice big Huion 1060.

Also, I might do another drawing soon, so stay tuned!

Edited by sumghai
Snipped overly long quote

12 minutes ago, TheMiningTeamYT said:

Glad your loving it. I wonder what you would have thought if you had gotten a smaller tablet instead of the nice big Huion 1060.

Also, I might do another drawing soon, so stay tuned!

I wonder the same thing too...

Looking forward to your new drawing!

I recreated one of my very first known drawing!

improvement_by_zanzalur-dclezom.png

34 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I wonder the same thing too...

Looking forward to your new drawing!

I've decided that in the mean time, I will provide you with my latest drawing, and this time, prepare to me BLOWN AWAY with the resolution. (It's in 8k)

poWsTxv.png

Edited by sumghai
Snipped overly long quote

[MOD - Just a friendly reminder.

When quoting other users, please don't quote the entire post, as that makes it tedious for other users browsing through the thread. Just snip it down to the exact sentence or paragraph that is relevant to your reply.

Thanks!]

On 8/2/2018 at 7:14 PM, SirCrackWaffle said:

nnnnnnnnnnNice.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:57 PM, NSEP said:

Anyways, i like your drawings and your unique style. Its simplicity and limited color pallete makes it very pleasant to look at. 

I always like looking at minimal drawings like that.

Thanks so much for the positive response! I wasn't expecting people to like it (honestly, I was pretty hesitant to post it in the first place), so hearing people respond positively to my stuff gave me a significant moral boost. Thank you.

I'm afraid I don't have much cool stuff to show, but recently I've been doing some more experiments, specifically I've replaced the characters' eyes with simple lines (after discovering my basic character sketches - which used simple lines to represent eyes - was more visually appealing than drawing... well... proper eyeballs):

fSbsBfd.png

6rcQCbb.png

...I've also been experimenting with using less colours to create the illusion of darkness/no lighting (it's not quite perfect, but at least it works):

dQZYdCw.png

And as an added bonus, a long while back I figured out how to change the desktop background of the computers I use at college (typically, the option to change the background is disabled, but I found a simple loop-hole). Instead of completely replacing my desktop backdrop, I found the original image used for the computer's default backdrop, and ever since then I've been re-using the default background but adding extra stuff on-top. This is the latest version I'm using, which I created a few days ago:

dzxIp3O.png

(For the record, no one on my course seems to have noticed it... well, either that or people have seen them, but didn't bother to ask me about them).

-- Fred Cop --

2 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

I'm afraid I don't have much cool stuff to show, but recently I've been doing some more experiments, specifically I've replaced the characters' eyes with simple lines (after discovering my basic character sketches - which used simple lines to represent eyes - was more visually appealing than drawing... well... proper eyeballs):

fSbsBfd.png

...I actually kinda like the eyeballs more...
But hey, your choice - no pressure! :D

3 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

Thanks so much for the positive response! I wasn't expecting people to like it (honestly, I was pretty hesitant to post it in the first place), so hearing people respond positively to my stuff gave me a significant moral boost. Thank you.

No problem! I like it when people post their experimental stuff, because its fun to discuss.

3 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

fSbsBfd.png

6rcQCbb.png

I have actually been doing the same but opposite. I usually draw simple dots as eyes but just recently experimented with eyes in a more manga/anime artsyle.

tomato_chopper_by_zanzalur-dcl47cl.jpg

To be honest they really remind me of female-kerbal eyes.

I have been watching this great show called 'Manben' really encourages me to draw more.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:14 PM, Dman979 said:

Politics, guys. It doesn't end well here. Stay away from it, please. :)

YESSIR!

On 9/2/2018 at 3:43 PM, NSEP said:

Spoiler

fisherfish_by_zanzalur-dclue9y.png

Speculative Biology ftw.

This is an animal that lives on Enceladus, and lures its prey with an infrared/red bioluminescent angler thing.

Oh that's flippin' cool. What is that drawn in? 

9 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Oh that's flippin' cool. What is that drawn in? 

I drew it with my drawing tablet in a program called Paint tool SAI

Also, i drew some bog bodies (in their live form of course)

Tollund man and Elling woman

tollund_man_and_elling_woman_by_zanzalur

Yde girl

yde_girl___meisje_van_yde_by_zanzalur-dc

A Warrior Wyvern

warrior_wyvern_by_zanzalur-dcmd3f2.jpg

Warrior Wyverns are human companions, and are used as weapons for war, and also just to show off. They eat cattle and can throw their prey and other heavy objects in the sky with their powerfull neck. They are also very intelligent and can understand human language. They also can mimic human reactions (nodding, sighing, etc)

They think humans are cute the same way we think puppies and kittens are cute. (Just like elephants)

On 8/29/2018 at 10:18 PM, SirCrackWaffle said:

...I actually kinda like the eyeballs more...
But hey, your choice - no pressure! :D

On 8/30/2018 at 1:47 AM, YNM said:

It's a good set. You'd need the full-blown eyes for some expression...

I'll be honest, I also like the eyeballs, but at the same time using lines/dots for eyes seemed to work better for some characters than others...

...so I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and now some characters have eyeballs, while others have lines/dots (depending on their personality/traits):

9Eyd9fw.png

[This strip is supposed to have dialogue, but I've deliberately removed it here because I'm saving the full version for something special... hopefully]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.