Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

1 hour ago, Fred Cop said:

now some characters have eyeballs, while others have lines/dots (depending on their personality/traits)

I hope you also factor in the contrasts.

But yeah, it's all very good, I trust your decision !

Zodian, revisited:

GBO7MZW.png

One time when I was in elementary school I was puzzling through a word search book at home, either on a weekend or during summer break, and I found one random set of letters in a corner of one word search: ... Z O D I A N . It looked like a word, but I knew it wasn't. It was one letter away from being 'zodiac'. It looked like the name of a sci-fi alien species. So I thought to myself, "what does a Zodian look like?" This is what I came up with. I drew a lot of these creatures, always invading Earth in flying saucers and destroying cities. There was a hierarchy of ships, from small saucers to a giant, Death Star-like mothership. I think there may even have been a Zodian king who lived on their home planet on the opposite side of the galaxy. Now I might draw some more of them, and maybe in a little more detail than a ball eye with stick legs.

5 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

WOW! You did that when you were BORED????? IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN DO WHEN YOUR NOT BORED!

Errr.... The thing is, I don't have drawing pad, and drawing complex and accurate 3D object is rather difficult for me, so I took my old AutoCAD after being bored making countless failed drawing manually of the same object and make 3D model of it before plotting it into 2D. Talk about taking a third option :wink:. Ironically, the fact that I'm creating it because I'm bored, it's also the one who makes me fired up again

On the plus side, if I make an action scenes, it would be super easy, since I just need to set the viewpoint and plot it into 2D

Edited by ARS

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

So good......... Is it big enough to hold a squadron of mobile suits and arrays of siege weapons?

It's still unfinished, I haven't make AA point defenses that'll be placed around the ship and the launch bay isn't textured yet. It's big enough to hold a squadron of mobile suits/ armors and equipped with a superweapon known as "Etherionic cannon", which is basically a giant sustained firing laser cannon that can be swung around using RCS like a giant beam saber to cut battleship or space colony in half. It doesn't have any main guns (except the superweapon), relying more on the squadron it carries to do the battle and point defenses for protection

Dimension is around 990 meter wide, 35 meter high and 350 meter long

Edited by ARS

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Is this in the same series as the P-1112 Aigaion? I see some common design cues, and the model name…

Indeed, The P-1112 Aigaion is the design inspiration. Functionally, it's like P-1112, as an airborne carrier. However, I designed it specifically as aircraft carrier, without Nimbus missile platform. If you look closely, you might noticed the rear gate is much smaller than frontal gate (The frontal one is 3 times wider than the rear one), that's because I'm planning to texture it with 3-line runway side-by side for launching aircraft and 1 runway for landing. It's basically an airborne aircraft carrier like P-1112, that trades it's Nimbus missile silos for more carrier capability. You can tell that I loved P-1112 when the craft I made in KSP is basically a Kraken bait due to it's sheer complexity

YU8ezKK.png

And yes, I loved the AC6, it's one of my favorite, the other is AC0, now waiting the AC7 :)

Edited by ARS

On 9/9/2018 at 5:50 PM, Fred Cop said:

[This strip is supposed to have dialogue, but I've deliberately removed it here because I'm saving the full version for something special... hopefully]

Welp, I guess now's the time for me to talk about what it's for.

A few weeks ago, Crows Crows Crows announced they were working on a virtual "public Discord museum" and they were looking for submissions (it wasn't limited to 2D art, they were also accepting 3D models, audio, music, etc). Of course, I decided to seize this opportunity to get my 2D work out there (even if it was only going to be seen by a handful of people).

I sent two submissions. This short strip...

v1BR1gq.png

...and this random drawing I put together, which I thought would fit in with some of the other silly/ludicrous art-work being submitted.

1XrkQ2D.png

Skip ahead two/three weeks later, and the museum has been publicly released (although it completely flew under my radar as the only link/announcement of it's release came from the Crows Crows Crows Discord chatroom). After looking through the virtual museum, I'm sad to say neither of my submissions made it in.

I personally thought it was because they didn't fit in with their vision of what the museum should be (heck, the "we're in a museum" strip was really just me seeing if I could get away with submitting meta/forth-wall breaking content, not really something to be taken seriously), but the guy who was putting it together - William Pugh - stated he was sorry that not all submissions made it as he was under a tight deadline to get it together within a couple of weeks.

If you want to check out the virtual museum anyway, here you go (it's available for Mac and Windows, no Linux version is planned as far as I'm aware): https://crowscrowscrows.itch.io/museum

-- Fred Cop --

EDIT:

So the museum got updated...

66nAUy1.png

Edited by Fred Cop

Have been struggling with anatomy a little. I took a human apart and put it back together (kinda), just so i can get an idea of anatomy again.

engineer2_by_zanzalur-dcncb6o.png

I drew this without tracing shortly afterwards.

strong_independant_wahmen_by_zanzalur-dc

Edited by NSEP

On 9/13/2018 at 10:39 AM, ARS said:

I made this flying wing model in AutoCAD

You know how to work it in 3D ? I can figure how to shift the views but no luck on trying to actually drawing 3D views...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.