Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

53 minutes ago, YNM said:

You know how to work it in 3D ? I can figure how to shift the views but no luck on trying to actually drawing 3D views...

It's basically just one big block solid 3d object that I slice gradually piece by piece until I get the desired shape before doing some polishing with fillet and chamfer. For 2D view, I simply reorientate the viewpoint and using SOLPROF command

21 minutes ago, ARS said:

It's basically just one big block solid 3d object that I slice gradually piece by piece until I get the desired shape before doing some polishing with fillet and chamfer.

Yeah I found it out.

Would still be cool if we can draw it on 2D then rearrange it so it makes 3D. Probably useful for making plan cuts.

Im doing OC*-tober instead of Inktober because i have been doing alot of traditional art with my ink-tools lately and im getting kinda sick of it. (can't show it on the forum neither)

So here is day 1: Adrella, an angel/inter-dimensional being that stops arguments.

adrella___oc_tober_day_1__by_zanzalur-dc

adrella__oc_tober_day_1_1__by_zanzalur-d

*Original Character

On 10/1/2018 at 11:03 PM, NSEP said:

Im doing OC*-tober instead of Inktober...

Meanwhile, I'm participating in Inktober for the first time. I was aware about it last year, but being my naive self I thought I didn't need to do it. After realising recently I seriously need to break out of my comfort zone and draw new stuff/try new things, I decided to participate this year (I'm probably going to regret it later, considering my work schedule for the next few months is pretty packed, but oh well).

So far, I've made three drawings, two of which I don't think are that good (so I'll be sticking them into a "Spoiler" tab. View them if you want, but I personally hate how rough they are)...

Spoiler

1. Poisonous

Bxyprds.png

2. Tranquil

J8vV6Wr.jpg

...and one which I think is a good indication I'm improving (and the only one thus far I like/deem "acceptable").

KBPSJPx.png

First of all, happy 61th Sputnik anniversary! Can't believe we have been in space for so long!

Time Forward! it says. (sorry for wonky russian)

sputnik_day__by_zanzalur-dcok7bc.png

Also, OC-tober day 4!

Here is Nana!

nana___oc_tober_day_4__by_zanzalur-dcok6

She is 2 years old, has PhD in Industrial Lollipop Sciences and CEO of Honeybumbum Dynamics.

Also from previous days:

Day 2:

The nameless man and his (exhausted) comrades.

the_nameless_man__oc_tober_day_2__by_zan

Day 3:

Trisha the Trash Throwing girl.

the_trash_girl__oc_tober_day_3__by_zanza

because why not?

Ok, i know my OC's are lazy when it comes to character description, but i think they are fun.

vGJ4N9e.png

My sketch of the total solar eclipse in 2017. I didn't include the prominences for some reason. Some of it sketched during the eclipse. Most of it is based on images I took and memory.

Edited by Adstriduum

So, because i have nothing else to do, i designed a "tank".

33ts238.jpg

The whole premise of this piece of crap, is that, unlike the modern Russian tanks, this one works mostly seperatly from infantry - seeking and destroying enemy vehicles from flangs, making ambushes (low profile, maneuverability), taking down enemy strongpoints and etc.

And there is a 40 of those guys in a batallion.

Made using T-72 chassis.  Turret Armor: Cast armor (70mm) -> ''Relict" -> Rolled Armor (70mm) -> That poor gunner....

top five notes of schizophrenic people :

vaA1MdO.jpg

I have some drawings that i might upload later on.

OC_tober day 9! Its an Astronaut, again! (some of them are kinda rushed, i sorta have a busy week)

helena_johnson__oc_tober_day_9__by_zanza

Day 8: Unicorn girl.

Unicorns Unicorns! UNICORNS! (OC_tober day 8) by Zanzalur

Day 7: uhhh.

pony_jpg__oc_tober_day_6__by_zanzalur-dc

Day 6: Just a person who warns you.

edgyboy__oc_tober_day_7__by_zanzalur-dco

Day 5: Dad

dad__oc_tober_day_5__by_zanzalur-dconetm

When people think about space wars i think of something like this:

Two ships: one is trying to intercept with the other one, if it does intercept, the ship tries to attach itself to the apposing ship, preferably dock, if the attacking ship manages to dock/attach itself to the atacked one, a team of engineers will try to make way into the enemy ship (probably just blow off airlock doors, i dunno), if the attacking ship doesn't manage to attach itself, and EVA team of engineers will do the same thing. Then, both crews will fight each other with everything they got, except proper guns, since, you know, it wouldn't go exactly well for you if you use a high calliber gun in 0 g.

So, here is a picture of an astronaut, that just lived through such event.

(sorry for the blood and the Russian flag, i just wanted to make this picture look a bit more colorful)

this one was REALLY rushed, took me 20 minutes to draw, so, i think you could call this a speedpaint. You can already tell that i am bad at this.)

2s9yn4g.jpg

+ i am going to upload some proper sketch stuff soon, because violating you eyes with those attrocities is a bit sadistical even for me.

Edited by cratercracker

Quick little update on the Inktober front, I've reached the phrases/stimuli which I haven't planned for in advance, so this batch is mostly full of weird stuff (just because I couldn't think of what else to draw).

On the bright side - at least for the drawings I'm not being lazy with - I'm definitely improving.

Just to get them out of the way, I'm sticking all my lazy drawings into the spoiler below. I wouldn't recommend giving them a look, but feel free to check them out if you so desire.

Spoiler

Day 04 - "Spell"

Q2AafZN.png

Not much to say about this one.

Day 05 - "Chicken"

JIx2Me0.jpg

Originally, I was just going to try and draw/sketch a chicken using photos on the internet for reference (without doing anything special), but then I remembered about Portal's cancelled prequel "F-Stop". In the prequel, one of Aperture's experiments involved large chickens. No idea why they needed giant chickens, but nonetheless I decided to do a drawing based on that absurd idea.

Day 07 - "Exhausted"

ee0eUuc.png

A rather weird one, based on a rather terrible pun.

Originally I wanted to draw myself slumped over a table/sketchpad with the words "Exhausted - I will be (once Inktober is over)", but for some reason I preferred this "Exhaust-head" idea... probably because it was simpler to draw. Unsurprisingly, most other Inktober participants drew themselves slumped over a desk, so I'm glad I - at the very least - tried something different.

Day 09 - "Precious"

OyITQ6E.png

I spent all day trying to think of something to draw, and I couldn't come up with anything, so I decided to draw possibly the most precious thing I have/can't live without; my watch (without it, I would be constantly looking for a clock to check the time).

Even when I finally had an idea, I think it's rather obvious that I didn't really care much about the drawing, as it doesn't really look that good.

Day 10 - "Flowing"

jM7NM8n.png

I had an idea of something to draw, but I was pretty tired once I finally had the time to draw something, so I just drew this... [Shrug]

Anyway, here's some of the more notable ones (a.k.a. the ones I prefer showing):

Day 06 - "Drooling"

pjXizDJ.png

Another weird one, but one I'm very pleased with. I wanted to try turning it into a repeating pattern (where the head drools into the "Brain" paddle-wheel of the head below it, which is drooling into the "Brain" paddle-wheel of the head below it, and so on and so on) but due to the fact this drawing took up most of the page in my sketch-book, it wasn't really possible (although, with a bit of editing trickery in GIMP, I could still make an endless pattern based on this drawing).

Day 08 - "Star"

eXBweWR.jpg

I'm actually kinda sad about this one. It's supposed to be a joke but it doesn't quite work due to how poorly worded it is. I tried replacing the text in GIMP to see if I could rework it to be funnier, but I came to the conclusion I'd have to redraw it all over again (to fix up the composition/framing so it would fit with the new dialogue).

A real shame too, as I personally think this is the best drawing I've done for Inktober thus far.

Day 11 - "Cruel"

G95O1N3.jpg

Originally I was planning on drawing Schrödinger pushing a cat into the box, where he'd say something along the lines of "I know the odds of you surviving this are 50-50, but there's a higher chance you'll make a glorious contribution to science". I felt this might've been a bit too dark/not funny, so I left it out...

...then I remembered a specific quote from Portal 2. There's a bit where you grab a personality sphere who gives a list of facts, some true, some partially true and most just plain silly/false. One of these facts goes as follows "The Schrödinger's Cat paradox outlines a situation in which a cat in a box must be considered, for all intents and purposes, simultaneously alive and dead. Schrödinger created this paradox as a justification for killing cats".

So I put the latter half of the quote into the drawing. It's probably still a bit too dark, but it's way better than anything I could write/come up with.

...so yeah... more coming soon!

-- Fred Cop --

Spoiler

Bonus (unrelated to Inktober) drawing!

While working on Day 8's Inktober submission ("star") I realised I had almost forgotten how to draw those cat-thingies (mainly because I had stopped drawing them to make way for my Inktober work). So, to make sure I didn't forget how to draw them again, I sketched some more of those characters and - while I was experimenting with expressions - I unintentionally made possibly the cutest character expression I've ever drawn thus far (at least, in my opinion):

40B0h2v.jpg

Well, maybe "cute" isn't the word, but it's definitely somewhere in that ball-park/region.

4 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

I'm sticking all my lazy drawings into the spoiler below.

TBH they show more of your current drawing styles. I like them ! Very interesting.

Do you post these somewhere else on the internet as well ?

35 minutes ago, YNM said:

Do you post these somewhere else on the internet as well ?

Yes. I post my inktober stuff daily on my Twitter account.

I'm not sure if you want a link to my profile, but you'll likely find it if you search for "Ben24x7" on Twitter.

10 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

you'll likely find it if you search for "Ben24x7" on Twitter.

Right on the spot.

idk, your drawing is much better than some of the historic webcomics that I read. Don't know whether you intend so or if you have the time for it (and is willing to do it) but I think animation-wise you passed.

34 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Is there a way to insert images withouta an imgur account? I have some ideas and stuff that I want to put here.

You don't need an account on Imgur to host pictures there. There should be a "New Post" button somewhere on the page, that should just work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.