Show off your drawings! (and other artworks!)

NSEP

Do you peeps know about the Voynich manuscript? It is bassicly a manuscript full of weird and mysterious things, the language is probably the most mysterious thing about it. But i try something like it myself. I randomly scribbled some things and this is what popped out. Another eerie thing is the letters always has the same structure, when i write scribble language.

sgitry_manuscript_page_1_by_zanzalur-dbb

Edited by NSEP

As wrote before I was thinking to make some special drawings only dedicated to airborne fire-fighting as most of the time the souls flying these machines are forgotten and do not received the honors they should have.

The first made was the DC-6B, so here come the next :

w6i2PSN.jpg

A Beechcraft "King Air" is breaking hard to the right after having marked the area while "Tanker 911" is dropping its retardant over it.

JOKPNVa.jpg

Air Spray's Lockheed L-188A "Electra".

Kclclnw.jpg

A Canadair CL-415 of the "Protezione Civile" releasing its load of water on a fire-front close of Italian "fire-watchers".

I also started a Gemini-Titan to change a bit but didn't worked on it for three days now... too many ground details make me want to throw it away.

1 hour ago, XB-70A said:

As wrote before I was thinking to make some special drawings only dedicated to airborne fire-fighting as most of the time the souls flying these machines are forgotten and do not received the honors they should have.

The first made was the DC-6B, so here come the next :

w6i2PSN.jpg

A Beechcraft "King Air" is breaking hard to the right after having marked the area while "Tanker 911" is dropping its retardant over it.

JOKPNVa.jpg

Air Spray's Lockheed L-188A "Electra".

Kclclnw.jpg

A Canadair CL-415 of the "Protezione Civile" releasing its load of water on a fire-front close of Italian "fire-watchers".

I also started a Gemini-Titan to change a bit but didn't worked on it for three days now... too many ground details make me want to throw it away.

I've recently been in the chase plane during flight testing for a dc-10 firebomber. The sight of one of those things dropping a load of water is beautiful. 

Also, creating artificial rain over a lake is a pretty awesome side effect of the testing. 

I've been muddling about with a graphic novel idea for a while now, and I finally began something! So far I've only just started the rough draft of it, but I think the sketches look interesting enough to show.

TWOM0xg.jpg

Ignore the complete mess and roughness of everything :P

1 hour ago, Pine said:

Seems awesome. This sole "man" and the shopping cart make it looks like themed on a nuclear apocalypse survival.

I also maid two new additions these last days :

zTqTRmz.jpg

Flaps and slats extended,  the famous F-GGMB registered McDonnell-Douglas MD-83 of AOM (Air Outre-Mer) is taxiing to runway 08 at Paris Orly in 1997.

It received a pretty particular livery in 1995 when a theme of "The Little Prince" ("Le Petit Prince") from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry was painted all over in a childish dream style, making it a particular aircraft well knew of the spotters and passengers.

Getting the serial 49617 it was firstly delivered to the French airline Minerve in 1988 and was integrated to AOM four years later when both airlines merged, keeping its registration. It stayed with them for 10 years before being sold to Transjet Airlines which sold it to the US low cost airline Spirit. It finally finished in South-Africa, flying with 1Time, which ceased its operations in 2012, the aircraft being stored since. Its fate probably will be dismantling...

For having flew onboard it at many occasions as a kid it is one of my favorite aircraft and livery.

(I needed to trace a lot of lines with a ballpoint pen out of ink to "mark" the paper and then color over it without the pigment going inside the mark, making possible to keep the white...)

JerSP5E.jpg

September 2004 : over the bay of Gelendzhik the sole airworthy Beriev A-40 "Albatross" (NATO codename "Mermaid") and one of its older Beriev Be-12 "Chaika" (codename "Mail") brother are flying all together during the city's airshow.

Developed at the real end of 70's the "Albatross" after a request of the Soviet Navy for a multi-role platform able to realize surveillance, anti-ship and rescue missions to replace their Be-12 seaplane and Il-38 patrol aircraft. It made accidentally its first flight the 8 December 86 when the speed reached during a rolling test was enough to make the prototype airborne.
Mainly powered by a pair of Soloviev D-30KPV turbofan, the craft also benefits of two more Kolesov RD36 turbojet to boost the take-off whole power. Despite incredible performances and a high number of records broken the A-40 was disowned by the Navy, which considered its whole cost as too high. The fall of the Soviet Union finishing to achieve the program, the first prototype was conserved while the second staid uncompleted at the Beriev facility.
Anyway a part of the "Mermaid" is still flying today as its concept served as a platform for the now famous Beriev Be-200 jet seaplanes which served all around the world for firefighting and rescue missions.

On 10.06.2017 at 5:35 AM, XB-70A said:

Seems awesome. This sole "man" and the shopping cart make it looks like themed on a nuclear apocalypse survival.

I also maid two new additions these last days :

zTqTRmz.jpg

Flaps and slats extended,  the famous F-GGMB registered McDonnell-Douglas MD-83 of AOM (Air Outre-Mer) is taxiing to runway 08 at Paris Orly in 1997.

It received a pretty particular livery in 1995 when a theme of "The Little Prince" ("Le Petit Prince") from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry was painted all over in a childish dream style, making it a particular aircraft well knew of the spotters and passengers.

Getting the serial 49617 it was firstly delivered to the French airline Minerve in 1988 and was integrated to AOM four years later when both airlines merged, keeping its registration. It stayed with them for 10 years before being sold to Transjet Airlines which sold it to the US low cost airline Spirit. It finally finished in South-Africa, flying with 1Time, which ceased its operations in 2012, the aircraft being stored since. Its fate probably will be dismantling...

For having flew onboard it at many occasions as a kid it is one of my favorite aircraft and livery.

(I needed to trace a lot of lines with a ballpoint pen out of ink to "mark" the paper and then color over it without the pigment going inside the mark, making possible to keep the white...)

JerSP5E.jpg

September 2004 : over the bay of Gelendzhik the sole airworthy Beriev A-40 "Albatross" (NATO codename "Mermaid") and one of its older Beriev Be-12 "Chaika" (codename "Mail") brother are flying all together during the city's airshow.

Developed at the real end of 70's the "Albatross" after a request of the Soviet Navy for a multi-role platform able to realize surveillance, anti-ship and rescue missions to replace their Be-12 seaplane and Il-38 patrol aircraft. It made accidentally its first flight the 8 December 86 when the speed reached during a rolling test was enough to make the prototype airborne.
Mainly powered by a pair of Soloviev D-30KPV turbofan, the craft also benefits of two more Kolesov RD36 turbojet to boost the take-off whole power. Despite incredible performances and a high number of records broken the A-40 was disowned by the Navy, which considered its whole cost as too high. The fall of the Soviet Union finishing to achieve the program, the first prototype was conserved while the second staid uncompleted at the Beriev facility.
Anyway a part of the "Mermaid" is still flying today as its concept served as a platform for the now famous Beriev Be-200 jet seaplanes which served all around the world for firefighting and rescue missions.

That's awesome!Can you draw spacecraft?

PM me if you can

53 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

i want to frame that and put it in our office xD, suuper good job my friend

No problem! You know, the people who do good deserve some appreciation, like always.

I had a try at drawing something in Microsoft Paint.

mepIzJu.jpg

It's my first attempt to do something like this. The cylinders are a pain to do though, you have to make a rectangle using the rectangle tool, then make two ovals at each end with the circle tool, and then rub out the overlapping straight edges of the rectangle and the inside edges of the ovals. :)

The only thing I could think of is something that...makes it so that even the anonymity of the internet is still defeated by "introvert-ism" so If ye actually want to see (Thomas And Friends + Boats) + Titanic or simplified as the lesser known equation of Tugs + Titanic let me know. I dom't want to comprimise my social awkwardness. :P  Now I guess I'll start brainstorming my much less embarrassing "illustration." :P 

1 hour ago, Spacetraindriver said:

The only thing I could think of is something that...makes it so that even the anonymity of the internet is still defeated by "introvert-ism" so If ye actually want to see (Thomas And Friends + Boats) + Titanic or simplified as the lesser known equation of Tugs + Titanic let me know. I dom't want to comprimise my social awkwardness. :P  Now I guess I'll start brainstorming my much less embarrassing "illustration." :P 

If you have a drawing to post, post it.  Don't be embarassed.

my recent junk:

......quite.

And this is my space shuttle inspired drawing I was thinking of colouring next:

i might have shared it here alread,y cant remember.

I started this Harbin SH-5A the last week and finished it two days ago but still don't like it :

VKAiE6P.jpg

The water effects aren't good enough and these sheets of paper I'm using too small to realize more details.

In the same case I started a Gemini-Titan weeks ago but don't find a way to finish it, every new attempt seems too "crass" with an incorrect contrast.

Edited by XB-70A

Completed another drawing in Microsoft Paint that was in the making since Tuesday:

kjT4KkN.png

I might add Minmus in the top left corner. Then I might try and start a new drawing of a Saturn V lift-off.

With Minmus:

vXLgsoX.png

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM
Added Minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.