Signs You're In For a Short Flight

Corona688

604)When your rocket starts to rotate so wildly that your outer stage engines flex and break off.

605) When your preferred method of takeoff is attached horizontal rockets to wings and making your entire craft spin on a top like a helicopter rotor.

607. When one of your wings gets clipped off during takeoff of an already unwieldy aircraft, but all three pilots have a giant grin on their face, oblivious of their impending doom.

tFqV6.png

(Note: SAS actually kept the Minnow flying, but it was basically a large firework when I turned it off. Later versions of the Minnow corrected lift-off issues and it now flies, albeit difficultly.)

618: When you realize you left the engines on whilst you decoupled them, meaning the force has you stuck to the front end of a rocket you can no longer steer.

619: When all the effort from the first stage of your heavy lifter gets it a grand total of 17 metres off of the pad.

548) When your second stage has the same number of engines as the first.

That\'s actually safe and doable if you know what you\'re doing.

620: When your ship wiggles while your EVA\'d kerbals are in close proximity. (has resulted in instant death)

624) When you forgot to put control surfaces on your wings and you only notice at the end of the runway.

625) When your plane\'s wings start flapping.

626) When your shuttle is missing half of each wing immediately after takeoff.

627) When two of your crew bailout before takeoff.

628) When one of your crew on EVA explodes for no apparent reason.

630) When your landers have to take you from suborbit all the way to the Mun and back.

...Actually I overbuild my landers so much this isn\'t a problem, but it is for those who like efficiency and all that. :D

631) When your bottom stage clips directly through the rest of your craft and the exhaust pulls every single part off of each other. Fun times.

That\'s actually safe and doable if you know what you\'re doing.

Not the way I do it...

636) When you rebuild a 0.15 design in 0.16 and only remember that the 909 engine is incredibly underpowered on your final munar approach. And you\'re using one of them to hold up a gigantic lander.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.