[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

This mod adds High-Res clouds and surface textures to the stock KSP system making it look visually stunning. This pack also includes unique clouds for Laythe, lightning and a Wormhole! Installation is fairly simple if you follow the steps and read the README files located inside the downloaded folder. 

TRAILER

DOWNLOAD

[Download link snipped by moderator for multiple license violations.  Please do not restore download links until and unless all the violations listed here have been rectified.  Thank you.]

Installation

- Download the latest version of EVE and install it. 

- Drag all files from GameData into GameData in the KSP Directory. 

You should end up with the following files in GameData: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, KerbalVisualEnhancements, Kopernicus, ModuleFlightIntegrator, ModuleManager 2.8.1.dll, BoulderCo, Scatterer, TextureReplacer, PlanetShine, DistantObject

If you are still having trouble with the installation I highly recommend watching this tutorial by @DiscrafTsk

KSPRC Textures

I have made installing the ground textures as simple as I can because of licensing issues.

- Download and install the latest version of Kopernicus

- Download KSPRC here: https://spacedock.info/mod/690/KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake

- Open the ZIP file and drag the folder KSPRC into GameData. 

Added Features

- 29MB Lighting

- New Clouds for Laythe

- New Dreamscape Skybox

- New Sun-flare

- Wormhole in the Sun

- Upgraded Clouds for Jool

- Better Dust and Sandstorms

- Reduced Download Size

Known Bugs

- Halo around atmosphere

- Tiles start to float

- Sunflare sometimes doesn't work

Credits

- Matchlight 

- Astronomer (Textures and cfgs)

- Avera9eJoe (WindowShine)

- Range_Machine (KVE)

- Thomassini (Sunflare)

- BlackRack (Scatterer)

- Shaw (TextureReplacer)

- Valerian (PlanetShine)

- MOARdV (DistantObject)

SUGGESTIONS

if you have any ideas or suggestions, please comment below as I have limited knowledge when it comes to coding. I would like to expand this mod further in the future but I may need some help.

Edited by Snark
Licensing issues have not all been fixed, and new violations have been added.

yeah i just updated the thread, I sent the message a while ago. Apparently i'm free to continue, and since i'm only using the textures, and have permission to use Berlin's SVE configs i would be fine anyway.

On 8/1/2016 at 9:09 PM, Matchlight said:

it doesn't even look that good on my PC! :D are you using the KSPRC textures? i'd love to know how to install em :D or is it the STE.

I'm also very happy to here its working! 

Edited by Matchlight

i'll try and work on this for the next update, thanks for telling me! yeah, at the moment i'm trying to implement the wormhole although the sun doesn't seem to want to be accepting it, but i do have another idea...

they might not, i've not tried it out myself, but since the name of the body's change i would assume it wouldn't work. and since all of the body's would have changes, it would look completely messed up anyway... i could try and release a compatible version but it would take me a month or so :D

if you were to go into the planet configs for stock size RSS and change the names to what they were originally it would work but look very strange...

Edited by Matchlight

1 hour ago, Matchlight said:

it doesn't even look that good on my PC! :D are you using the KSPRC textures? i'd love to know how to install em :D or is it the STE.

I assume you were referring to me, in which case the answer is Stock Visual Terrain.

Here's an idea! using Kopernicus i can add another body around Jool, using the wormhole texture, i'll see how it looks... although it would have to be a small gas giant because you can't land on it! i think it would be best to put it on a highly eccentric orbit to make it difficult to get too. Tell me what you think about this, it may be a little difficult but i would be happy to give it a try :D

yeah, soon i'll add resolution options, i'm playing on an imac from 2013 and let me tell you.... 5fps is no fun! :D i'll see what i can do :D i'm sure you can do this yourself by going into Stock Visual Enhancements -> EVE -> Textures and if you download the original AVP int V2 and just use the low res textures, drag them into the Textures folder and overwrite anything, make sure you have all images otherwise it won't work... well i guess you don't need the wormhole png :D

the fact that some people (including me) are experiencing dreadful frame rate is due to the fact that there is volumetric clouds pre-implemented when i was using Galileo's code for a good base. Turning off these volumetric clouds would get rid of a few issues... like the weird sparkly Kerbin, it would increase the framerate significantly! and there would be no blocky clouds which is a good thing... although there is one down side; and thats the fact that the clouds would be paper thin, kinda like Sentar's or Sarnus' rings from Sentar expansion and OPM.  Speaking of OPM, does anyone remember the old clouds you could get which worked with astronomer's Visuals? I can once again, give this a reboot using Galileo's Code! :D

This is nothing to do with the mod, but it 'quote on quote' will give me better performance... I'v started to assemble parts to build my new PC, i'v found a deal where i can get two Geforce GTX 1080's for the slightly less money than one GeForce GTX 1080. When i say 'slightly less' I mean $20 less; which deal do you think i should go with? one 1080 or two 1070's... and i'm also gonna use the Intel i7-6800k CPU :D

4 hours ago, Palmput said:

It's been so long since I've used Astronomers; is this meant to work alongside SVE or as an alternative?

Its on a port at the moment, but it is an alternative... Since i didn't know how to code my self, I asked the creator of SVE whether or not i could use some o fhis code; he said yes :D so i basically wrote the new configs using common sense... enjoy!

1 hour ago, Andem said:

Is it compatible with Pood's OPMVO? I ask because it tends to break things that have clouds.

Its working for me! :D and if not i'll release a version which does... and then i'm going to fix the clouds that already were compatible with AVP :D