[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

6 hours ago, Joshwoo70 said:

Oh cool! Would suggest contacting @MrMeeb for stuff that he worked on for AVP.

Also wrong thread I guess? Add-on development.

They already did :) 

I second thoughts on this being in the wrong sub-forum. I'm sure a moderator would happily move it of they saw fit 

Edited by MrMeeb

5 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

They already did :) 

I second thoughts on this being in the wrong sub-forum. I'm sure a moderator would happily move it of they saw fit 

Yeah, i apologise for that! :D i'm pretty new to all this so if i make any mistakes please forgive me and tell me how i can fix it :D

8 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Yeah, i apologise for that! :D i'm pretty new to all this so if i make any mistakes please forgive me and tell me how i can fix it :D

If you report the first post in this thread (don't worry, it's safe!) and write in the message that you'd like the thread to be moved to the Add-On Development subforum, it'll be brought to the attention of a moderator 

4 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

If you report the first post in this thread (don't worry, it's safe!) and write in the message that you'd like the thread to be moved to the Add-On Development subforum, it'll be brought to the attention of a moderator 

Ok thankyou!

ok... i'm trying to save up for my new PC... now looking at components i found a really nice $1500 USD build... bear in mind i live in Australia... now, using Xecurrency i found that this build should cost $2007 AUD... on Newegg... choosing all of the same components it adds up to $2994 AUD... what the actual... just cause I live in Australia i need to pay an extra $1000 AUD pretty much... Instead of swearing a ton... what should i do about these outrageous and unfair prices? :D

Kind regards,

Matchlight

Well, I tried overwriting new clouds from the older AVP but with the same framerate, so i guess the problem is somewhere else.
Yes, I have pretty old laptop, but in older versions of KSP (like 0.90 etc.) it never dropped bellow 15fps...
So, backing back to the newer clouds, the prettier clouds... :D 

(Also sorry for my english if you find something wierd, it's not my main language... :D)

Hi Match, Let me start off by saying I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to recreate an updated version of AVP. Although, I never contemplated releasing a new version and taking it over, I have worked, EXTENSIVELY, with AVP's textures and the newest code for EVE. I'm also in constant contact with Galileo (Berlin), the author of SVE, SVT, and Galileo's Sunflares. We mostly discuss Scatterer settings and texture config files. Here's a sample of what I've been able to do with AVP's textures so far: 

2c682c516ad59b89e4d0d3bf03050672.png Laythe

f12036ccbbf332c46dd1316c6a96e386.png

I've made some subtle changes in Scatterer since these were taken for your information. What I'll end up doing with Laythe, most likely, is changing Scatterer to produce a brighter glow around the moon to prevent the cloud textures from being visible on the edges. Tell me what you think!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

19 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Hi Match, Let me start off by saying I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to recreate an updated version of AVP. Although, I never contemplated releasing a new version and taking it over, I have worked, EXTENSIVELY, with AVP's textures and the newest code for EVE. I'm also in constant contact with Galileo (Berlin), the author of SVE, SVT, and Galileo's Sunflares. We mostly discuss Scatterer settings and texture config files. Here's a sample of what I've been able to do with AVP's textures so far: 

2c682c516ad59b89e4d0d3bf03050672.png Laythe

f12036ccbbf332c46dd1316c6a96e386.png

I've made some subtle changes in Scatterer since these were taken for your information. What I'll end up doing with Laythe, most likely, is changing Scatterer to produce a brighter glow around the moon to prevent the cloud textures from being visible on the edges. Tell me what you think!

It looks stunning! is it possible you can send me your modified scatterer/AVP to check out :D i'd love to see how you changed it to get these things looking so damn good!  I'm relatively new to coding and if you find any mistakes or would like to see some changes i'd be happy to see what you've got and hopefully you can teach me a thing or two! i'm pretty young so i have plenty of time on my hands but I understand if you aren't the same. I would be very happy to work with you to create the new AVP and thank you for getting in touch with me :D

Edited by Matchlight

On 8/16/2016 at 3:52 AM, MasterYoda said:

Well, I tried overwriting new clouds from the older AVP but with the same framerate, so i guess the problem is somewhere else.
Yes, I have pretty old laptop, but in older versions of KSP (like 0.90 etc.) it never dropped bellow 15fps...
So, backing back to the newer clouds, the prettier clouds... :D 

(Also sorry for my english if you find something wierd, it's not my main language... :D)

In the Beta i will release a non-volumetric cloud version which should greatly increase the framerate by making the clouds paper thin, but should still look good from orbit although it would make surface dust difficult. Hopefully with that option you should get somewhere around 30 fps; not excellent but playable.

Edited by Matchlight

23 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

It looks stunning! is it possible you can send me your modified scatterer/AVP to check out :D i'd love to see how you changed it to get these things looking so damn good! 

I'd be glad to, although, at the moment, I'm having some issues with the cloud textures not appearing on any body except for Kerbin. I am working toward combining KSPRC for the planet textures, and integrating AVP's textures with SVE's code. Each mod will have something to contribute, but for you purpose, I'll go ahead and just send the lines of code for the textures on Jool, Laythe, and Duna due to the fact that those are the only three I've successfully edited so far. I'll also send along the scatterer file as well, as soon as I finish the config for the Orbit/Sky view of all the planets.

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I'd be glad to, although, at the moment, I'm having some issues with the cloud textures not appearing on any body except for Kerbin. I am working toward combining KSPRC for the planet textures, and integrating AVP's textures with SVE's code. Each mod will have something to contribute, but for you purpose, I'll go ahead and just send the lines of code for the textures on Jool, Laythe, and Duna due to the fact that those are the only three I've successfully edited so far. I'll also send along the scatterer file as well, as soon as I finish the config for the Orbit/Sky view of all the planets.

That error is something i get all the time, it basically means you messed something up when directing textures. Usually if you go back and check (btw it doesn't matter what texture for what planet you messed up) what you recently did and make sure everything is right when directing textures then fix it and you should be good :)  And thanks in advance for sending it :D i'm on twitter if you want to send it to me there

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Matchlightx

6 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

I see, thanks but is there any way to do it in the code? Like manually in the EVE configs or something?

You can but in the gui is way way easier.  If you do it in the GUI it automatically does it in the code once you save

Are you planning to bring out a version to work with Real Solar System? As far as I can tell there is only one visual pack for it and that is outdated, plus it doesn't look as awesome as this :P It would be great to see this with RSS

2 hours ago, Ceras said:

Are you planning to bring out a version to work with Real Solar System? As far as I can tell there is only one visual pack for it and that is outdated, plus it doesn't look as awesome as this :P It would be great to see this with RSS

If you go to the rve thread,  there are posts that show how to get it to work in 1.1.3. Or you can try ssrss.  Even if you went and renamed the cfg to the correct planets,  it would look terrible.  Earth and Mars would look OK,  but Mercury would look like eve,  which isn't realistic and Jupiter would have the green clouds that jool has. There really is no point to make it compatible with RSS

Edited by Galileo

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you go to the rve thread,  there are posts that show how to get it to work in 1.1.3. Or you can try ssrss.  Even if you went and renamed the cfg to the correct planets,  it would look terrible.  Earth and Mars would look OK,  but Mercury would look like eve,  which isn't realistic and Jupiter would have the green clouds that jool has. There really is no point to make it compatible with RSS

Thanks, I've got RVE on 1.1.3 just by testing it tbh but in my opinion, it looks weird specifically the Earth texture with the cities and stuff, I'm not sure whether that's because RVE's isn't working for some reason and so it's using EVE's but even if that did work I much prefer the look of this mod. As I'm an Indie Games Developer who works in Unity already (Specifically focused on the coding of games) I might look at making my own visual pack for RSS :P 

Which reminds I was supposed to say in my first comment, @Matchlight if you need any help with this, I don't mind helping out.

11 hours ago, Ceras said:

I hopefully will by the initial release. But don't expect it for a few months, i didn't plan on doing it but a few people have already asked me i should make it compatible so it looks like i'll be doing just that :D

28 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

I hopefully will by the initial release. But don't expect it for a few months, i didn't plan on doing it but a few people have already asked me i should make it compatible so it looks like i'll be doing just that :D

Oh awesome, I'll be looking forward to it :D, as I said in another comment, let me know if you want any help with stuff. I recently started modding kerbal (nothing worthy of release as it's mostly testing and basic stuff which other mods offer, need a good idea for a mod lol) but I've worked in unity and Maya (3d modelling software, you probably know that though) for a few years now.

Edit: I posted this before you replied to my other comment about it earlier, sorry for repeating myself. Idk if you know I posted before you replied or not as idk whether it shows up the time I posted it once approved or the time it was approved, also is the approval thing because I'm new to the forum?

Edited by Ceras

9 hours ago, Ceras said:

Thanks, I've got RVE on 1.1.3 just by testing it tbh but in my opinion, it looks weird specifically the Earth texture with the cities and stuff, I'm not sure whether that's because RVE's isn't working for some reason and so it's using EVE's but even if that did work I much prefer the look of this mod. As I'm an Indie Games Developer who works in Unity already (Specifically focused on the coding of games) I might look at making my own visual pack for RSS :P 

Which reminds I was supposed to say in my first comment, @Matchlight if you need any help with this, I don't mind helping out.

Thank you for offering and since i'm new to coding i'd love for you to help me if i need it! :D