[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

5 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Well, 1 thing that you can do ALREADY in 3.0 is change stock parts textures with ones provided in KSPRC. And also, fx from KSPRC, as a company.

This isn't really something I would like to do for the visual pack as I am trying to use KSPRC solely for the surface textures, if you want feel free to stick them in yourself, you seem to have the knowledge of it, and when I was first implementing KSPRC into [0.2] the part textures were uncompatible. It took me days alone to get the surface textures to be compatible. 

What do you mean FX by KSPRC as a company?

Just now, Matchlight said:

This isn't really something I would like to do for the visual pack as I am trying to use KSPRC solely for the surface textures, if you want feel free to stick them in yourself, you seem to have the knowledge of it, and when I was first implementing KSPRC into [0.2] the part textures were uncompatible. It took me days alone to get the surface textures to be compatible. 

What do you mean FX by KSPRC as a company?

KSPRC includes custom fx for engine plume and etc.

1 minute ago, Alteroz said:

All you need to change stock fx with KSPRC one is : ctrl+c from fx folder, and then ctrl+v into the squad fx folder.

6 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Hmm, I might look into that, just as an addition that it is RealPlume compatible. Many components of KSPRC simply put, don't function; I tried installing the skybox and sunflare, the skybox was nowhere to be seen and the sunflare created the tesseract from interstellar haha.

15 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Hmm, I might look into that, just as an addition that it is RealPlume compatible. Many components of KSPRC simply put, don't function; I tried installing the skybox and sunflare, the skybox was nowhere to be seen and the sunflare created the tesseract from interstellar haha.

19 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Ok, after doing a bit of testing I've seen that at an apoapsis of 160000 kerbin (nice looking clouds) load. If I can change this to about 75000 that would be fantastic!

11 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

How to do this :

P.M : not in order.

2 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Well, in standart EVE, there is uvnoise parameter in the editor. Uvnoise makes clouds look wigly, which makes them look realistic and not so pixelated.

Ha, realistic... it makes them look like they are made of fumes from a gas grill! To each their own, but the UV noise on the clouds does not look realistic. Sure it helps with hidind the pixelated edges sometimes, but so does a good detail texture.

33 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ha, realistic... it makes them look like they are made of fumes from a gas grill! To each their own, but the UV noise on the clouds does not look realistic. Sure it helps with hidind the pixelated edges sometimes, but so does a good detail texture.

Don't forget that uvnoise don't just hides pixelated edges, it's also makes them change form, so it looks like they are moving, just like a real cloud! You can't argue with that.

6 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Don't forget that uvnoise don't just hides pixelated edges, it's also makes them change form, so it looks like they are moving, just like a real cloud! You can't argue with that.

After implementing the numbers for the parameters, it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Let me look at what detail texture is used when climbing through the clouds.

UVNoise does substitute for the pixelation of clouds up close, but depending on the intensity of the effect, the augmentation looks exactly as Galileo stated, fumes from a gas grill. :P

When used desirably, it can create some pretty neat visuals for aurorae and clouds.

Edited by themaster401

2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

After implementing the numbers for the parameters, it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Let me look at what detail texture is used when climbing through the clouds.

Wow!!!

So you have taken up this mod now!!!

Last time I saw you, you were waiting for Astronomers Beyond Kerbal to come out...

Now you help make a new version! Things change quickly!

Good work by the way... Can't wait to check it out!!!

4 minutes ago, BT Industries said:

Wow!!!

So you have taken up this mod now!!!

Last time I saw you, you were waiting for Astronomers Beyond Kerbal to come out...

Now you help make a new version! Things change quickly!

Good work by the way... Can't wait to check it out!!!

Hold on until [0.3] release :) finishing touches now 

2 hours ago, themaster401 said:

UVNoise does substitute for the pixelation of clouds up close, but depending on the intensity of the effect, the augmentation looks exactly as Galileo stated, fumes from a gas grill. :P

When used desirably, it can create some pretty neat visuals for aurorae and clouds.

Obviously the UVNoise in this clip is extreme but what should I do to get a more desirable effect?

2 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Obviously the UVNoise in this clip is extreme but what should I do to get a more desirable effect?

Tone down the intensity to almost a non existent value. It's very easy to make it look bad with uv noise, so low values are recommended. 

10 hours ago, Alteroz said:

I can argue with that. While clouds do change shape over time, it is slow enough that you would not be able to see it with the naked eye from even low orbit. Thus, making uv noise unrealistic. All uv noise is good for is toning down the pixelated textures somewhat. 

Herd that the interstellar music got removed in last channel log, is there still some pretty :lol: music that plays once in orbit? 

9 minutes ago, ISE said:

Herd that the interstellar music got removed in last channel log, is there still some pretty :lol: music that plays once in orbit? 

It was implemented in the first place, but feel free to drag chatterer folder and install it yourself, trying to cut down on download size so yeah...

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Tone down the intensity to almost a non existent value. It's very easy to make it look bad with uv noise, so low values are recommended. 

I can argue with that. While clouds do change shape over time, it is slow enough that you would not be able to see it with the naked eye from even low orbit. Thus, making uv noise unrealistic. All uv noise is good for is toning down the pixelated textures somewhat. 

The Thing is, Kerbin doesn't have those parameters, just these. I tried to add the parameters (surprise, surprise, it didn't work) so what should I edit on this page?

tVpthAA.png

Edited by Matchlight

46 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

The Thing is, Kerbin doesn't have those parameters, just these. I tried to add the parameters (surprise, surprise, it didn't work) so what should I edit on this page?

tVpthAA.png

Is this really AV : Andromeda configs?

30 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

This is the one found in BoulderCo!

Interesting, very interesting! You see, there are three Clouds.cfg in your pack - from ksprc, from eve, and from astronomers, and I try to find out which one is actually being used. Never saw something like that! Oh, and yes, 1 cover looks so pretty, so 1.

Edited by Alteroz

Interesting, very interesting! You see, there are three Clouds.cfg in your pack - from ksprc, from eve, and from astronomers, and I try to find out which one is actually being used. Oh, and yes, 1 cover looks so pretty, so 1.

Yes, my fave too, although I still like 3, will go probably go with 1 though, lets see what others say first.

Interesting, very interesting! You see, there are three Clouds.cfg in your pack - from ksprc, from eve, and from astronomers, and I try to find out which one is actually being used. Oh, and yes, 1 cover looks so pretty, so 1.

The best test would be to dramatically change the parameters of all 3, boot up the game once: jobs a good'n you know :)

21 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Yes, my fave too, although I still like 3, will go probably go with 1 though, lets see what others say first.

Holy potatoes! Press alt+n while in game with avp: Andromeda. Find out by accident

9 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Holy potatoes! Press alt+n while in game with avp: Andromeda. Find out by accident

I suppose we found the Eve Menu!

16 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Have you found anything to do with the UVNoise?