[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

@Matchlight Hey, any idea when KSP 1.3 may come out? Do you think it would be out in like 3 months or so? I'm asking cause I was gonna start an RSS gameplay and was excited to have less than 30 mods installed (27 to be exact) on CKAN. If you think it may be out in the near future, say 3 months away, then I would play stock using your mod, I'm super excited at the idea, I landed on Duna while testing your mod, something I never really did before, I never did a complete interplanetary mission before and never payed attention to Duna, and by God, Duna looks amazing, plus when I saw Ike for the first time high in the sky, it looked so great. I prefer Duna and the dust storms on it and it's deep red than Mars in RSS which is orange and lacks dust storms (in the game version). I do like the massive size of the planets. Btw, know of a mod that increases the planets size to RSS size? I may even play with that, the game looks so much better when the planet takes most of your screen while in low orbit. Your mod is the most beautiful stock visuals mod and is very simple and makes the game run very fast and smoothly while being high quality, great work.

@Matchlight I just check out 4x Solar system, question is, would your visuals work on it and not be really low at the ground? I've experienced that before.

7 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Matchlight Hey, any idea when KSP 1.3 may come out? Do you think it would be out in like 3 months or so? I'm asking cause I was gonna start an RSS gameplay and was excited to have less than 30 mods installed (27 to be exact) on CKAN. If you think it may be out in the near future, say 3 months away, then I would play stock using your mod, I'm super excited at the idea, I landed on Duna while testing your mod, something I never really did before, I never did a complete interplanetary mission before and never payed attention to Duna, and by God, Duna looks amazing, plus when I saw Ike for the first time high in the sky, it looked so great. I prefer Duna and the dust storms on it and it's deep red than Mars in RSS which is orange and lacks dust storms (in the game version). I do like the massive size of the planets. Btw, know of a mod that increases the planets size to RSS size? I may even play with that, the game looks so much better when the planet takes most of your screen while in low orbit. Your mod is the most beautiful stock visuals mod and is very simple and makes the game run very fast and smoothly while being high quality, great work.

Unfortunately I do not know of this. yet if you look at the way this mod functions it may be possible to reverse the effects

And even if you do manage to get it working, I cannot guarantee my mod being compatible. And I doubt I would ever make a version for RSS or for planets that size. I appreciate your feedback and strive to make my mod better, I am doing well getting the wormhole to have a desirable affect.  

Guess I'll have to maybe just go with stock lol, I hope 1.3 isn't out soon, I'd hate to have to restart RSS. This always happens, when I'm confident in starting KSP and I don't have more than 30 mods, an update is always soon, and then I refuse to play and it may be 1-3 months before the update and I stay until the update comes, then they do minor updates after, and then the wait for mods to update, it's super frustrating, I've never been able to peacefully play KSP career mode and finish. I barely solve my mod addiction

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Guess I'll have to maybe just go with stock lol, I hope 1.3 isn't out soon, I'd hate to have to restart RSS. This always happens, when I'm confident in starting KSP and I don't have more than 30 mods, an update is always soon, and then I refuse to play and it may be 1-3 months before the update and I stay until the update comes, then they do minor updates after, and then the wait for mods to update, it's super frustrating, I've never been able to peacefully play KSP career mode and finish. I barely solve my mod addiction

1.2.2 is a marvelous release. Make a copy of your install somewhere on your hdd then you can play your career until all the mods are updated.

For me, the clouds are not working. All the other, Texture replacer, scatterer, Distant Object and planetshine are all working but the clouds are not showing. I am on version 1.2 if that helps not 1.2.2. Can someone help?

1 minute ago, The-Doctor said:

So 1.3 is out, guess I'll play stock and use this mod, any idea when you'll be ready for 1.3? @Matchlight

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that KerbalVisualEnhancements will be updated for 1.3 anytime soon. For now, we wait, perhaps something will come up. In the mean time, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements will likely update soon, so my repackaging will continue to work, no change necessary, once that comes out.

Thank you, KSP keeps hurting me, as I'm gonna start, I was literally gonna start playing 5 minutes ago when I saw the 1.3 update

@themaster401 Hello old friend, I found my way back home to Gallifrey. Oh, do you know how I can like, set the height for clouds to appear on this mod? I'm gonna scale up the stock system to 10x so I wish to scale up the clouds in this mod to 10x too

40 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Thank you, KSP keeps hurting me, as I'm gonna start, I was literally gonna start playing 5 minutes ago when I saw the 1.3 update

@themaster401 Hello old friend, I found my way back home to Gallifrey. Oh, do you know how I can like, set the height for clouds to appear on this mod? I'm gonna scale up the stock system to 10x so I wish to scale up the clouds in this mod to 10x too

The cfg I sent you automatically scales the clouds

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

So 1.3 is out, guess I'll play stock and use this mod, any idea when you'll be ready for 1.3? @Matchlight

hopefully 0.3.1 will release in a couple of days. I've got my mod back up and running just trying to get everything working.

8 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that KerbalVisualEnhancements will be updated for 1.3 anytime soon. For now, we wait, perhaps something will come up. In the mean time, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements will likely update soon, so my repackaging will continue to work, no change necessary, once that comes out.

KVE is working in 1.3 with a bit of tweaking, I have it working. Unstably though, I do doubt it will update but regardless it is working in 1.3. 

26 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

hopefully 0.3.1 will release in a couple of days. I've got my mod back up and running just trying to get everything working.

KVE is working in 1.3 with a bit of tweaking, I have it working. Unstably though, I do doubt it will update but regardless it is working in 1.3. 

Everything is now back up and running in 1.3 except for the KSPRC Textures in which I am waiting for EVE and Kopernicus to update.

46 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Matchlight Question, why no scatterer included? Just curios as to if you left it out for better performance or something

No, didn't leave it behind, it's just 100% compatible with 1.3 haha, In that case, I didn't think it needed updating, although it will be as soon as scatterer 1.3 releases.

19 hours ago, Matchlight said:

No, didn't leave it behind, it's just 100% compatible with 1.3 haha, In that case, I didn't think it needed updating, although it will be as soon as scatterer 1.3 releases.

So I'm seeing SVE updated for 1.3, I'm unsure if that means EVE is too, dunno if I should install Andromeda in 1.3

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

So I'm seeing SVE updated for 1.3, I'm unsure if that means EVE is too, dunno if I should install Andromeda in 1.3

As mentioned before, Andromeda runs on the EVE 7-4 port KerbalVisualEnhancements, which is almost completely different from the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements we have now. Since pretty much all assets in this mod depend on KVE, the state of EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements doesn't matter here.

I'm not sure if KVE works in 1.3, but from what I've heard about people using my repackaging, mods running on KVE are unstable.

1 minute ago, themaster401 said:

As mentioned before, Andromeda runs on the EVE 7-4 port KerbalVisualEnhancements, which is almost completely different from the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements we have now. Since pretty much all assets in this mod depend on KVE, the state of EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements doesn't matter here.

I'm not sure if KVE works in 1.3, but from what I've heard about people using my repackaging, mods running on KVE are unstable.

KVE also runs flawlessly on 1.3

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

In a day or 2 I will release [0.3.1] for 1.3, just making a few changes.

I want the scatterer Ocean, sunflare and shadows yet how do I tone the atmospheric blending effect as shown by the images. I want to effect a little but to tone it down a bit to allow more colour in my pack. Does anyone know what Parameter I would have to change to get the affect.

Scatterer Kerbin

K6VaQdj.png

Normal Kerbin

tBnQAnT.png

Scatterer Jool

sZtoIT1.png

Normal Jool

x3wBNxy.png

On 5/27/2017 at 0:15 AM, The Rex 2-5 said:

For me, the clouds are not working. All the other, Texture replacer, scatterer, Distant Object and planetshine are all working but the clouds are not showing. I am on version 1.2 if that helps not 1.2.2. Can someone help?

Try replacing KVE with version 1.0 or 1.1.0 NOT 1.1.0.1 (as that is what is currently in your GameData)

https://github.com/RangeMachine/KerbalVisualEnhancements/releases

Edited by Matchlight

On 2016-7-31 at 9:27 PM, Matchlight said:

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.1]

This mod adds High-Res clouds and surface textures to the stock KSP system making it look visually stunning. This pack also includes unique clouds for Laythe, lightning and a Wormhole! Installation is fairly simple if you follow the steps and read the README files located inside the downloaded folder. 

TRAILER

DOWNLOAD

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1383/Andromeda Visuals: Daydream

Installation

- Download and open ZIP file, go to Step 1/GameData and drag those files into GameData in your KSP Directory

- Then go to Step 2/GameData and drag those folders into GameData, with the others.

- Choose the Extras you want go into that folder/GameData and drag that folder.

You should end up with the following files in GameData: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, KerbalVisualEnhancements, Kopernicus, ModuleFlightIntegrator, ModuleManager 2.7.5.dll, BoulderCo, Scatterer, TextureReplacer, PlanetShine, DistantObject

KSPRC Textures (TEMPORARILY INCOMPATIBLE)

I have made installing the ground textures as simple as I can because of licensing issues.

- Download KSPRC here: https://spacedock.info/mod/690/KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake

- Open the ZIP file and drag the folder KSPRC into GameData. 

WARNING

for the KSPRC textures to work it is required you have the folder TextureReplacer in your GameData folder, this is located in Extras/Reflections&Skybox/GameData 

Added Features

- 29MB Lighting

- New Clouds for Laythe

- New Dreamscape Skybox

- New Sun-flare

- Wormhole in the Sun

- Upgraded Clouds for Jool

- Better Dust and Sandstorms

- Reduced Download Size

Fixed Bugs

- Sandstorms don't follow you anymore

- Sunflare not working

- Scatterer freaking out

Credits

- Matchlight

- Astronomer

- Avera9eJoe

- Range_Machine

- Thomassini

SUGGESTIONS

if you have any ideas or suggestions, please comment below as I have limited knowledge when it comes to coding. I would like to expand this mod further in the future but I may need some help.

This mod is going great in its latest version. I would like to know if it works with the latest stable version of scatterer that implements the reddish color of the sky.

13 minutes ago, Spin said:

This mod is going great in its latest version. I would like to know if it works with the latest stable version of scatterer that implements the reddish color of the sky.

Should work fine. What do you mean by the reddish color of the sky?

44 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Should work fine. What do you mean by the reddish color of the sky?

I mean the atmospheric effect at dawn and dusk.

Edited by Spin

9 minutes ago, Spin said:

I mean the atmospheric effect at dawn and dusk.

Unfortunately no, but it is something I have been trying to get work. I've tracked down a 1.3.0 scatterer Beta release which introduces water refractions yet has a few serious bugs. I want to see if the bugs can be flattened out first, while in the meantime I am implementing the 'reddish colour' and UVnoise.

After installing the latest version of Scatterer and EVE (Before 1.3.0) I found that the 'reddish' colour isn't there. So i'm not sure whats going on.

Edited by Matchlight