[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

5 minutes ago, RuBisCO said:

So as I was landing on the moon I saw this:

KEoEkGy.png

Pretty trippy. This was in 1.30, Win 10.

Stop using scatterer in 1.3. It cause this. Scatterer is not updated for 1.3 yet.

On 2017-5-19 at 9:45 PM, Alteroz said:

DUUUUDE thank you!

Rewriting AVP clouds.cfg to eve 1.05 to add uvnoise and support cubemaps. Already made : Auroras for all planets, clouds for Jool, Eve, and effects on Moho. Scatterer works fine.

Edit : I messed up with the Minlight and stuff :mad:

How would I rewrite them to support UVnoise and CubeMaps?

[0.4] Progress Update

-Rewriting clouds for Jool & Eve

-Implemented a wormhole (Currently looks Awful)

Edited by Matchlight

2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

How would I rewrite them to support UVnoise and CubeMaps?

[0.4] Progress Update

-Rewriting clouds for Jool & Eve

-Implemented a wormhole (Currently looks Awful)

Well, you can't have both, but if you really want, I would start with downloading newest version of EVE. Then cubemaping the textures (PAINFULLLL!) to shrink the download size, adding auroras (I have no idea how, but I think Galileo could help) and then scaterrer (hardest). and done! (Sounds easy, but truly, as Galileo said, it's a pain in the ass). But I think it will work. Actually, I will try it.

6 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Well, you can't have both, but if you really want, I would start with downloading newest version of EVE. Then cubemaping the textures (PAINFULLLL!) to shrink the download size, adding auroras (I have no idea how, but I think Galileo could help) and then scaterrer (hardest). and done! (Sounds easy, but truly, as Galileo said, it's a pain in the ass). But I think it will work. Actually, I will try it.

I'm not particularly good with this stuff, to be honest, my only skills for this is branding and knowing what looks best. If you could get it working and send the files over that would save me so much time and of course you would be credited :wink:

Just now, Matchlight said:

I'm not particularly good with this stuff, to be honest, my only skills for this is branding and knowing what looks best. If you could get it working and send the files over that would save me so much time and of course you would be credited :wink:

Hmmmm, okay I will try.

14 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Hmmmm, okay I will try.

What textures used for Laythe  in avp? I want merge it in one alpha cubemap, but I don't see any Laythe.png in textures folder.

7 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

What textures used for Laythe  in avp? I want merge it in one alpha cubemap, but I don't see any Laythe.png in textures folder.

Yes, it recycles textures for Jool, they just are used in a different way (Makes the pack less intensive and saves storage) 

Laythe Cloud Textures

- cirrus

- duna1

-storm

-altostratus (The main one)

6 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Yes, it recycles textures for Jool, they just are used in a different way (Makes the pack less intensive and saves storage) 

Laythe Cloud Textures

- cirrus

- duna1

-storm

-altostratus (The main one)

Don't know why, but it takes eternity to CubeTheSphere to cubemap altostratus texture. Reasons?

15 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Don't know why, but it takes eternity to CubeTheSphere to cubemap altostratus texture. Reasons?

Possibly because it's used more than once? It shouldn't it's a cloud texture just like all the others...

8 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Possibly because it's used more than once? It shouldn't it's a cloud texture just like all the others...

I believe joolLayers1 is also used, an if Altostratus is not working you can always replace it with that and results will be similar.

Why are you cube mapping textures that are already within Unity's size boundaries? Wouldn't that be pointless for anything under 16k?

Edited by Matchlight

21 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

I believe joolLayers1 is also used, an if Altostratus is not working you can always replace it with that and results will be similar.

Why are you cube mapping textures that are already within Unity's size boundaries? Wouldn't that be pointless for anything under 16k?

1.Its dramatically decreases download size.

2. I already made cubemaps,soo...

Testing now

First test ended with... COMPLETE SUCCESS! Just need to tweak something there and here.

7 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Testing now

First test ended with... COMPLETE SUCCESS! Just need to tweak something there and here.

Looks like I put some negative pictures in fairPositive. Will fix it.

21 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Testing now

Looks like I put some negative pictures in fairPositive. Will fix it.

Fantastic, great to hear! Looking closely you can see a cirrus layer on Kerbin :D

Edited by Matchlight

7 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Second test

Result : Laythe - works, Duna - works, Kerbin - uses Laythe clouds. Don't have any idea why.

Interesting, Is it possible you got the Laythe maps and Kerbin clouds accidentally switched? If you send me the cfgs I'll do some looking for you! Is, either way, it now compatible with UVnoise? I'm sure it's possible for me to sort Kerbin out. Thanks for your work. :)

Edited by Matchlight

1 hour ago, Matchlight said:

Interesting, Is it possible you got the Laythe maps and Kerbin clouds accidentally switched? If you send me the cfgs I'll do some looking for you! Is, either way, it now compatible with UVnoise? I'm sure it's possible for me to sort Kerbin out. Thanks for your work. :)

Along with that it looks like Duna is using the clouds assigned with EVE and not duna1 included in the pack, do you know why that happens?

7 minutes ago, Tazius said:

@Matchlight can you select to register your mod with CKAN on the publish page on spacedock.info if you list dependencies CKAN can install everything, it simplifies everything so well.

Addition to CKAN will nullify the ability to have most modularity in the pack. If Matchlight does decide to make some sort of setup for CKAN and retain modularity while doing so, he'll have to pick apart the mod and individually upload some assets to CKAN in order to avoid compatibility issues, as well as fully repackage the mod.

CKAN may look like a haven from the user-end, but from the modder-end, it is living hell.

Edited by themaster401

Just now, themaster401 said:

Addition to CKAN will nullify the ability to have modularity in the pack. If Matchlight does decide to make some sort of setup for CKAN, he'll have to pick apart the mod and individually upload some assets to CKAN in order to avoid compatibility issues, as well as fully repackage the mod.

CKAN may look like a haven from the user-end, but from the modder-end, it is living hell.

Good to know!

17 minutes ago, Tazius said:

@Matchlight can you select to register your mod with CKAN on the publish page on spacedock.info if you list dependencies CKAN can install everything, it simplifies everything so well.

I would love to except a lot of the dependencies have been largely modified to either optimise performance or to make things 'prettier'. Installing through CKAN would remove the Skybox, which is unique to this pack, it would remove the sunflare which is also only in this pack as it is from quite a few updates ago and EVE would not be modified to suit the clouds.