[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

23 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Ok, since I'm not sure what's going on let's use the process of elimination. Try booting up with just KerbalVisualEnhancements and BoulderCo. If it still crashes then it is a core issue... If it doesn't, add scatterer. Then if it crashes, remove it; then move to the next folder. TextureReplacer, if it crashes, trash it and if not keep it. Keep adding one by one until you get a crash, then you know the source.

Or he is running in x32 bit and will crash with each mod. This is why he needs to post an output log

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Or he is running in x32 bit and will crash with each mod. This is why he needs to post an output log

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Right but you already said that so I would assume he would do both...

If not, a log would be helpful.

10 hours ago, Famonious said:

Hey! Famo here,

I have been having issues getting this mod to load properly recently. It appears to be crashing at the loading screen. When I installed I first put all the items in the Step 1 Folder in, and then put all the stuff from the Step 2 folder in, but it appears to be crashing. Is there a common bug behind this or did I install it incorrectly?  (edit: it crashes now right as its done loading)

Thanks,

Famo

(PS: this mod looks amazing!)

Make sure you playing on 64x version of ksp. Otherwise you will just run out of memory and crash.

Edited by Alteroz

2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Right but you already said that so I would assume he would do both...

If not, a log would be helpful.

I know, I just don't want him to waste his time troubleshooting each mod, when I could just look at his output log. 

13 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Cool :)

How do you change the skybox? Do you delete every skybox image except for the one you want?

Take out all six, and add the six to change the skybox to what you like. Do you not like it? It's a bit low-res but it still looks beautiful in my opinion. Suppose I can't make everyone happy haha.

15 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Take out all six, and add the six to change the skybox to what you like. Do you not like it? It's a bit low-res but it still looks beautiful in my opinion. Suppose I can't make everyone happy haha.

No, they look awesome, definitely an improvement over the stock skybox, I just don't know how to switch between them :)

Edited by Spaceception

40 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

No, they look awesome, definitely an improvement over the stock skybox, I just don't know how to switch between them :)

Remove all the images in TextureReplacer/Default and swap and drag the images from the Zip's TextureReplacer/Default into the one in GameData. Don't just replace the default folders as it contains the configs for reflections.

Just now, Matchlight said:

Remove all the images in TextureReplacer/Default and swap and drag the images from the Zip's TextureReplacer/Default into the one in GameData. Don't just replace the default folders as it contains the configs for reflections.

Okay, thanks :) There was a texture I really wanted to see, but I didn't know how to switch it.

41 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

You don't switch between them. The 6 images make up the 6 sides of the cube that all KSP skyboxes use. 

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

You don't switch between them. The 6 images make up the 6 sides of the cube that all KSP skyboxes use. 

Oooooooooh, I thought they were wrap around images you can choose between, my bad :P

Still looks cool, I just thought you had options :D

2 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I know, but you can switch them out. Move the 6 images somewhere else. and drag the new ones in, simple as that.

Annnnnyway, I think I'm going to make a separate save where I colonize the stock solar system with science mode, and take probably thousands of screenshots with this, this definitely enhances the playing experience for me.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, Matchlight said:

Ok, since I'm not sure what's going on let's use the process of elimination. Try booting up with just KerbalVisualEnhancements and BoulderCo. If it still crashes then it is a core issue... If it doesn't, add scatterer. Then if it crashes, remove it; then move to the next folder. TextureReplacer, if it crashes, trash it and if not keep it. Keep adding one by one until you get a crash, then you know the source.

It is core, it crashed with just KVE and BoulderCo

3 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Matchlight Bug, texture replacer (the one in this pack) and the skybox (or both or one) is causing the game to crash if I go on EVA, I confirmed this as it worked well without it, and when I installed it it began crashing but when I removed it, it worked well

This is not a problem with the pack, but with TextureReplacer itself. Scavenge the latest few pages of the TextureReplacer mod page and you should find a TR fix for 1.3

5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

This is not a problem with the pack, but with TextureReplacer itself. Scavenge the latest few pages of the TextureReplacer mod page and you should find a TR fix for 1.3

Updating to 0.3.2 very shortly. This will fix this issue.

3 hours ago, Blacks said:

a nice visual pack what was make me to do this:

cheer mate

I've just had an idea... What if I made the moon a nice yellowy color when at surface level, kind like what you might see in the sky?

Great video. I don't have the framerates to play my own pack properly but from what I can see it looks good haha :)

@Matchlight framerate it can be push much more IF is disable from Scatterer > Ocean: lights compatibility < but then water it will not reflect light what it will brake pleasure to fly in night :) i activate that intentionally, normal for who not care about fly close to water it not worth to keep that active

Edited by Blacks

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.2] Released!

Added features

- Scatterer water refractions

Fixed Bugs

- EVA doesn't crash the game anymore

Known Bugs

- A halo around the atmosphere of planets.

- floating tiles

Edited by Matchlight

3 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Added features

Fixed Bugs

Known Bugs

Yay! I can't wait for my other mods to update so I can enjoy this in all its glory. :D

Also I'm doing a science playthrough, and it's sooo beautiful, it's like seeing those visuals in sci-fi movies.

6 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Added features

Fixed Bugs

Known Bugs

Perhaps also notify of the current scatterer bug of Amazing Flying Terrain Chunks!

:P