[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

6 hours ago, Spaceception said:

What happens when you go through the wormhole? 

The current one in 0.3.2 or in 0.4? In 0.3. Not much just looks cool. 0.4 Not much, just looks cooler.

12 minutes ago, Deplaisant said:

Wow very nice mod ! I'll try it now

What will be the next features ?

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.4] Progress Update

- Volumetric Auroras (mostly done but still needs some work)

- Snow (complete)

- Rain (Mostly done)

- Re-worked clouds (Done for Kerbin and Jool)

- Wormhole around Jool (Done Configs and textures just need the effects from INSTANTIATOR)

There will be more features but here are some main ones. I've also gone through and redone almost all textures. Massive thanks to @Alteroz for cube-mapping and writing configs.

Expect [0.4] to release around August/September.

Edited by Matchlight

Just now, Matchlight said:

- Snow (complete)

- Rain (Mostly done)

- Wormhole around Jool (Done Configs and textures just need the effects from INSTANTIATOR)

There will be more features but here are some main ones. I've also gone through and redone almost all textures. Massive thanks to @Alteroz for cube-mapping and writing configs.

Volumetric Auroras :D

1 minute ago, GenesisPlayz said:

I guess... (The reason i think this is because Laythe reminded me of SVE, just saying)

I find this odd, SVE's Laythe looks nothing like the one in AV: Daydream. I know you're talking about the Scatterer configs, and they are the same since it is pretty much stock-scatterer.

- Snow (complete)

- Rain (Mostly done)

Speaking of, would you mind changing how Eve looks like? Çause everything ecxept Eve looks absolutely breath-taking.

I find this odd, SVE's Laythe looks nothing like the one in AV: Daydream. I know you're talking about the Scatterer configs, and they are the same since it is pretty much stock-scatterer.

Okay that explains it

1 minute ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Speaking of, would you mind changing how Eve looks like? Çause everything ecxept Eve looks absolutely breath-taking.

Oh yes, clouds for all planets are being entirely re-worked (except Laythe)

2 minutes ago, GenesisPlayz said:

P.S. Now you're here, i wan't to say that the KSPRC textures are not working (I use KSP 1.3 and AV 0.3)

Do you know how?

Works fine for me, just drag and drop the folder KSPRC and jobs a gooden...

There are some more never-seen-before features but I don't want to spoil it. On top of that, we haven't worked on these features much yet but are confident that we can get them working. It's also possible we will get custom terrain textures for planets, from Rareden himself. He is currently re-creating the bump and normal maps for minmus.

UV3QkvC.jpg

16 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

- Snow (complete)

- Rain (Mostly done)

- Re-worked clouds (Done for Kerbin and Jool)

Oh my... RAIN!? Really excited for this update!

1 minute ago, Matchlight said:

There are some more never-seen-before features but I don't want to spoil it. On top of that, we haven't worked on these features much yet but are confident that we can get them working. It's also possible we will get custom terrain textures for planets, from Rareden himself. He is currently re-creating the bump and normal maps for minmus.

UV3QkvC.jpg

That looks so cool!

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Oh my... RAIN!? Really excited for this update!

That looks so cool!

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hahaha :D Glad you like it, [0.4] is going to be insane! Forgot to mention, we have been set free of the bonds of KVE and [0.4] is now running (stably) from EVE 

Edited by Matchlight

3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I believe it!

The rain was thought to be impossible due to the fact KSP would be rendering 1000's of rain droplets but it was such an easy workaround I don't know how people didn't see it! It uses the exact same architecture as snow, it loads a few particles with 100's of droplets in them, that way it really isn't strenuous on the system at all. We got the rain to move down, and to stop it from going up through the other side we added boundaries. One issue is noise... it is silent... And for as much as I would love to add chatterer there is no way for the game to tell when to start the rain noise and when to stop it...

Just now, Spaceception said:

I believe it!

You don't even imagine how sweet looking new update will look. Even I impressed how it looks, and it doesn't even complete! Especially I love Jool with its new texture, its too pretty to exist!