Matchlight

[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

Perhaps also notify of the current scatterer bug of Amazing Flying Terrain Chunks!

:P

Yes, probably good to note that too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a way to remove lightning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vince_K said:

there is a way to remove lightning? 

BoulderCo > Clouds, delete Astronomer's Lightning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blacks said:

@Matchlight one thing try to update DistantObject from your pack you have 1.8.1 when is up 1.9.0 aka check https://github.com/MOARdV/DistantObject/releases

Hmm, with 0.3.3 I should probably do more than just update distantobject so I may temporarily kill Astronomer's Interstellar Eve clouds and just have EOO ones until 0.4 releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Hmm, with 0.3.3 I should probably do more than just update distantobject so I may temporarily kill Astronomer's Interstellar Eve clouds and just have EOO ones until 0.4 releases

well i was play with 0.3.1 release what was work fine for me for testing & i know at this point till scatterer is not came with new proper release for 1.3, see that texture flying bug, all visual pack are on stand by, i already take new dll from blackrack github & test it but i think it require new shaders to .... but till he will not say is ready we need to be patience :)
p.s. small sugestion try add a AVD.version file to let ppls & you track release what you set up

Edited by Blacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blacks said:

well i was play with 0.3.1 release what was work fine for me for testing & i know at this point till scatterer is not came with new proper release for 1.3, see that texture flying bug, all visual pack are on stand by, i already take new dll from blackrack github & test it but i think it require new shaders to .... but till he will not say is ready we need to be patience :)
p.s. small sugestion try add a AVD.version file to let ppls & you track release what you set up

Ok, I'll see what I can do... Should it just be a terminal file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here have a NVIDIA GTX 1060?

I was looking at getting this card, anyway assuming one of you does, what average FPS do you get with my visual pack? From what I can see I would get around 35-45fps or so...

Edited by Matchlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Does anyone here have a NVIDIA GTX 1060?

I was looking at getting this card, anyway assuming one of you does, what average FPS do you get with my visual pack? From what I can see I would get around 35-45fps or so...

I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I don't really know,  but my framerates are pretty decent most of the time on my Lenovo laptop, they only slow when I have really big launches in atmo, I try to move the camera significantly, or when I'm in the Valentine solar system, but even then, it's still playable. Other then those, it's pretty smooth.

Edited by Spaceception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I don't really know,  but my framerates are pretty decent most of the time on my Lenovo laptop, they only slow when I have really big launches in atmo, I try to move the camera significantly, or when I'm in the Valentine solar system, but even then, it's still playable. Other then those, it's pretty smooth.

Do you know the GPU in your laptop, if you just tell me what model I'll hunt it down :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Do you know the GPU in your laptop, if you just tell me what model I'll hunt it down :)

AMD A12-9700p Radeon R7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

AMD A12-9700p Radeon R7

Ok, so you Integrated graphics, I have integrated graphics on my laptop except I get about 5fps, it's trash. You have pretty good IG so that's probably comparable to something like a GTX 750 ti. Which means the 1060 should blow it out of the water haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Does anyone here have a NVIDIA GTX 1060?

I was looking at getting this card, anyway assuming one of you does, what average FPS do you get with my visual pack? From what I can see I would get around 35-45fps or so...

my video card is GeForce® GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G & i am happy with, probabil was better to get that version with 6G Vram but hell difference it was to high ... in rest for a medium budget is a great GPU
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD#sp
soo video what you was seen was done with this rig:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 OC Windforce, 3 GB, 192-bit
RAM: 2 x 4 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red
Hdd Seagate 1 TB 7200, SATA3
OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
Framerate was show by SmallUtilities FPSViewer mod done by SpaceTiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blacks said:

my video card is GeForce® GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G & i am happy with, probabil was better to get that version with 6G Vram but hell difference it was to high ... in rest for a medium budget is a great GPU
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD#sp
soo video what you was seen was done with this rig:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 OC Windforce, 3 GB, 192-bit
RAM: 2 x 4 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red
Hdd Seagate 1 TB 7200, SATA3
OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
Framerate was show by SmallUtilities FPSViewer mod done by SpaceTiger

What framerates do you have with this pack? Because I have an insane deal for a Galax 3Gb 1060 for about $170 USD My hand is hesitating over the buy it now button...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

What framerates do you have with this pack?

you can see framerate in video what i post is on top near altimeter aka around 20-40
p.s. my advice is to get a model from asus, msi, gigabyte at list it realy matter who was build

Edited by Blacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That link just takes me to the GPU specs, no video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

That link just takes me to the GPU specs, no video.

i mean in video what i post yesterday

 

Edited by Blacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blacks said:

i mean in video what i post yesterday

Alright, I bought it :) You were playing in 1080p I assume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Alright, I bought it :) You were playing in 1080p I assume?

yes i am play on 1080p & downscale in OBS to 720p for recording end in smaller file :)
& gz for your new video card then :)

Edited by Blacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey

Question, and you'll have to forgive me if it is a dumb one. 

I installed this mod and i love it. However, it does hit my frame rate, but only when the planet is in view. If i am looking at an orbiting craft with Kerbin behind me everything runs at normal frame rate. As soon as i pan the camera so the planet, and therefore all the cloud effects etc, are in view, it slows down.

My question is, is that a CPU power issue or a GPU power issue? I'm thinking GPU but i'm not particularly knowledgable on this stuff. I can easily upgrade my GPU as well as the one i have isn't great. A CPU upgrade would be more out of my price range. I don't think it matters to detail what spec i'm running, just if the issue is CPU or GPU related.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, windystig said:

Hey

Question, and you'll have to forgive me if it is a dumb one. 

I installed this mod and i love it. However, it does hit my frame rate, but only when the planet is in view. If i am looking at an orbiting craft with Kerbin behind me everything runs at normal frame rate. As soon as i pan the camera so the planet, and therefore all the cloud effects etc, are in view, it slows down.

My question is, is that a CPU power issue or a GPU power issue? I'm thinking GPU but i'm not particularly knowledgable on this stuff. I can easily upgrade my GPU as well as the one i have isn't great. A CPU upgrade would be more out of my price range. I don't think it matters to detail what spec i'm running, just if the issue is CPU or GPU related.

Thanks

I think that's just the fact that the game loads the clouds when you look at the planet, which hits the framerate lol

Edited by themaster401

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas how this happens? The 16-bit clouds.

I have kerbin scaled x2. Could that be why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I installed the mod and the extras and my game is crashing on launch...? I did get some crash logs but which document do I show you?

edit: running the latest version of KSP on Steam

 

Edited by RockSmacker
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-11 at 5:46 PM, RockSmacker said:

Hey, I installed the mod and the extras and my game is crashing on launch...? I did get some crash logs but which document do I show you?

edit: running the latest version of KSP on Steam

 

Hmm... I would think TextureReplacer, Are you using AV: Daydream [0.3.2] or [0.3.1]?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with RockSmasher, using 32 and 64bit KSP my game crashes on startup. I have narrowed it down to a memory issue, I should also mention this happens with KSP being completely stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really love the way this pack looks. 

EDIT: Fixed

Edited by SAlNT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.