Matchlight

[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Recommended Posts

Just now, Matchlight said:

The rain was thought to be impossible due to the fact KSP would be rendering 1000's of rain droplets but it was such an easy workaround I don't know how people didn't see it! It uses the exact same architecture as snow, it loads a few particles with 100's of droplets in them, that way it really isn't strenuous on the system at all. We got the rain to move down, and to stop it from going up through the other side we added boundaries. One issue is noise... it is silent... And for as much as I would love to add chatterer there is no way for the game to tell when to start the rain noise and when to stop it...

Wow... This mod is already one of the best imo, but if it were possible to render rain falling eventually, this would quickly become the best visual mod out there by far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

You don't even imagine how sweet looking new update will look. Even I impressed how it looks, and it doesn't even complete! Especially I love Jool with its new texture, its too pretty to exist!

@Alteroz The living legend that is making [0.4] possible! Incredible work, he deserves (Serious!) credit for this update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

You don't even imagine how sweet looking new update will look. Even I impressed how it looks, and it doesn't even complete! Especially I love Jool with its new texture, its too pretty to exist!

STOP TEASING, I CAN ONLY GET SO EXCITED :0.0:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Wow... This mod is already one of the best imo, but if it were possible to render rain falling eventually, this would quickly become the best visual mod out there by far.

It already is, you just have to be clever about it :D

1 minute ago, Spaceception said:

STOP TEASING, I CAN ONLY GET SO EXCITED :0.0:

That sounds like it came straight out of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matchlight said:

It already is, you just have to be clever about it :D

REALLY!?

Oh man, the cinematic guys will have a field day with this when it releases. Will Eve and Laythe get rain too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaceception said:

REALLY!?

Oh man, the cinematic guys will have a field day with this when it releases. Will Eve and Laythe get rain too?

Yes, definitely. It infinitely rains on Laythe, it explains why it is covered in water! (not really but you get the idea :)

3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

REALLY!?

Oh man, the cinematic guys will have a field day with this when it releases. Will Eve and Laythe get rain too?

Yes, I hope @HatBat will have some fun with it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matchlight said:

Yes, definitely. It infinitely rains on Laythe, it explains why it is covered in water! (not really but you get the idea :)

I can't wait to colonize the crap out of these planets, listening to the relaxing sound of rain falling...

You and @Alteroz are doing incredible work.

5 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

That sounds like it came straight out of Fifty Shades of Grey.

No, no, just no *insert puke gif*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I can't wait to colonize the crap out of these planets, listening to the relaxing sound of rain falling...

You and @Alteroz are doing incredible work.

No, no, just no *insert puke gif*

I said that was the one issue, we can do rain sound for Laythe, since it always rains, but for kerbin it would be very difficult to get rain sounds working correctly timed to the rain... Unless... We calculated the times in which rain encounters KSC, then we could do it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matchlight said:

I said that was the one issue, we can do rain sound for Laythe, since it always rains, but for kerbin it would be very difficult to get rain sounds working correctly timed to the rain... Unless... We calculated the times in which rain encounters KSC, then we could do it...

How hard would that be? Unless you programned it to have very predictable patterns.

Will it have the sound of thunder every so often? Or is that harder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

How hard would that be? Unless you programned it to have very predictable patterns.

Um, well yes. People only really are at Kerbin's KSC around the equator. So we only have 2 rain storms occasionally encounter KSC. Why have 2? For variety because 'If all goes correctly' we will have a special feature with one of them...

Edited by Matchlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just thought of that while listening to ID Thunder :D

Just now, Matchlight said:

Um, well yes. People only really are at Kerbin's KSC around the equator. So we only have 2 rain storms occasionlly encounter KSC. Why have 2? For variety because 'If all goes correctly' we will have a special feature with one of them...

*gets wide-eyed*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I just thought of that while listening to ID Thunder :D

*gets wide-eyed*

I cannot guarantee it will work. Because of that, I will leave it a secret. If it works, you have something to look forward to (Plus the other possible insanity level 9000 features I refuse to say) If we can't get it working then tough luck XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matchlight said:

I cannot guarantee it will work. Because of that, I will leave it a secret. If it works, you have something to look forward to (Plus the other possible insanity level 9000 features I refuse to say) If we can't get it working then tough luck XD

I can understand holding back :D Don't want to overhype, and disappoint, but already it's really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

I can understand holding back :D Don't want to overhype, and disappoint, but already it's really good.

But if they do work, when you see the first 20 seconds of the trailer you will explode XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

But if they do work, when you see the first 20 seconds of the trailer you will explode XD

I better! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deplaisant said:

Water looks so beautiful now 

 

Well, thats if the water shaders don't screw anything up... Otherwise, beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you had city lights or can i add them manually ?

 

Edit : will you add*  i'm french and was tired because it was 6 am

Edited by Deplaisant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Deplaisant said:

Will you had city lights or can i add them manually ?

CityLights for 0.4 is a feature, but we've not worked on them much yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I would like to achieve that regardless of the altitude the scatterer would show Kerbin as in the second image. That is, without needing to move the camera away from the rocket orbiting the planet would look as nice as when I moved away much of it.

Is there any option of the scatterer that can modify it?
Sorry for my English

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Works fine for me, just drag and drop the folder KSPRC and jobs a gooden...

P.S. Nope, ground textures don't work.

On ‎1‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 9:24 AM, Galileo said:

planetshine?  I just tested it and no, it doesn't cause a crash at all, but TextureReplacer is causing crashes on EVA if you aren't using the latest recompiled version for 1.3.

Ooooh that made my EVA crash! Thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GenesisPlayz said:

P.S. Nope, ground textures don't work.

Ooooh that made my EVA crash! Thanks man!

That's texture replacer messing up, not KSPRC. What version of this mod are you using? It needs to be 0.3.2 

4 hours ago, Spin said:

Hi, I would like to achieve that regardless of the altitude the scatterer would show Kerbin as in the second image. That is, without needing to move the camera away from the rocket orbiting the planet would look as nice as when I moved away much of it.

Is there any option of the scatterer that can modify it?
Sorry for my English

I think I get what you're saying, After going through the files I cannot find anything that commands this, it is not Scatterer since the same thing occurs when you have it removed. Since we are basically working from scratch in [0.4] I will have complete control over it and it will be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matchlight said:

That's texture replacer messing up, not KSPRC. What version of this mod are you using? It needs to be 0.3.2 

Oh okay. I think it was 0.3, but i meant TR and somehow both comments merged...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Oh okay. I think it was 0.3, but i meant TR and somehow both comments merged...

Make sure you have ALL dependencies installed. And since Kopernicus is out of date in 0.3 then update to 0.3.2 or just download the new Kopernicus and replace the folders. That should fix it.

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.4] Images

Decided it is worth giving you some eye-candy, for reference, this is what we currently have and what these images show have been improved upon. The snow has been greatly improved. There are 2 snow modes, light snowing and a blizzard. The one shown is the light snow. Bare in mind these photos were taken well before volumetric auroras were added.

myV3Kgd.png

 

This is rain for Laythe, there are now fewer, thicker and bluer droplets. 

kGCzcwX.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Make sure you have ALL dependencies installed. And since Kopernicus is out of date in 0.3 then update to 0.3.2 or just download the new Kopernicus and replace the folders. That should fix it.

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.4] Images

Decided it is worth giving you some eye-candy, for reference, this is what we currently have and what these images show have been improved upon. The snow has been greatly improved. There are 2 snow modes, light snowing and a blizzard. The one shown is the light snow. Bare in mind these photos were taken well before volumetric auroras were added.

myV3Kgd.png

 

This is rain for Laythe, there are now fewer, thicker and bluer droplets. 

kGCzcwX.png

That is seriously awesome. This is gonna be better than AVP tbh

 

P.S. yup ground textures are working. Now to get Scatterer updated to 1.3... :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.