[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Matchlight

I have a completely fresh install of KSP and followed the video for steps 1 and 2, plus the "Reflection and Skybox" folder. When I try to launch the game after that, it crashes. I also tried removing the "scatterer" folder and launching the game, with the same result. Any idea how to fix this? I will link the crash report here. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u4uwgf6cg7p1mba/AAD5aAPkMCF71zOjCO1K4GFZa?dl=0

2 hours ago, duxter117 said:

I have a completely fresh install of KSP and followed the video for steps 1 and 2, plus the "Reflection and Skybox" folder. When I try to launch the game after that, it crashes. I also tried removing the "scatterer" folder and launching the game, with the same result. Any idea how to fix this? I will link the crash report here. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u4uwgf6cg7p1mba/AAD5aAPkMCF71zOjCO1K4GFZa?dl=0

Run the game in x64 

Edited by Galileo

Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.4] (More Images)

Here is a bit more eye-candy before release

JpqN3vi.png

Here is a preview of the new surface dust that 0.4 implements!

67s5SBD.png

This is a brand new Aurora texture with homemade UVnoise! (It looks a fair bit like how KSPRC's use to move) 

OpAHdlS.png

Props to @Alteroz for figuring out an amazing trick for making stunning terrain textures!

6 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today

To be honest... It looked better in-game, and I don't even know how that's possible haha. I probably sound like a pretentious arsehole for saying that!

On 01/08/2017 at 4:21 AM, themaster401 said:

Soon? :huh: < (I thought that had both eyes wide open making it look not angry woops)

:sticktongue: Yes soon. Sometime in September probably... (That's when the something great comes)

I'd also like to take a minute to tell you what the future of AVD holds.

AVD [0.4] Will basically be an overhaul, now running on EVE and having completely homemade textures and configs. It's basically everything re-worked, plus a tonne of never seen before features. Once again huge thanks to @Alteroz for so much help. More little teasers and pictures will slowly snowball until release.

AVD [0.5] While no features can be confirmed since I haven't even started on them. This will include custom made terrain by me, Alteroz and Rareden. This update will also be more of an organisation/modular update. This might add stuff like proper menus to choose intensities and resolutions etc. It might also include custom scatters such as trees, coral, rocks, and of course... grass. Yet to have grass in large numbers and not killing fps then you would have to have them in a 2D formation but at different angles making them look 3D from not too far. Similar to how GTA5 does it. Another possible feature may be RSS support along with support for a tonne of other Kopernicus Planet packs such as @Spaceception's upcoming RocheWorld. Once again none of this can be confirmed but these are possibilities.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:12 PM, Artem Kerman said:

Ummm. What? 29MB lightnings? It's so hardly for some PC. Looking for the GEA v6beta, please. I have a 6k texture but her size is 4MB. And yes, why copy the most parts of AVP?

Didn't you just release GEA v6? Did @Artyomka15 allow you to use his cloud textures?

6 minutes ago, Artem Kerman said:

And here Artyomka15 and lightnings? Lightnings we took from AVP and edited without him. He gave only textures of storm for Laythe.

Respect for learning another language but do you think you can put it in Russian and then I can google translate since what you're saying isn't proper English and I can't understand.

4 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Respect for learning another language but do you think you can put it in Russian and then I can google translate since what you're saying isn't proper English and I can't understand.

My English is not perfect, I'm sorry. But I can write In Russian :)

5 minutes ago, Artem Kerman said:

My English is not perfect, I'm sorry. But I can write In Russian :)

Yes thank you, do you mind if I move into a chat just so we're not clogging up the thread?

5 hours ago, Rareden said:

Whats the deal here matchlight?

Oh sorry, that's my fault for not properly explaining. He figured out a way to use saturation and black & White to create incredible colours for your terrain. My apologies for not elaborating but you have been credited for (Edit) -> 'excellent' terrain for work on terrain :) Hope this explains everything.

Edited by Matchlight

7 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Oh sorry, that's my fault for not properly explaining. He figured out a way to use saturation and black & White to create incredible colours for your terrain. My apologies for not elaborating but you have been credited for (Edit) -> 'excellent' terrain for work on terrain :) Hope this explains everything.

kudos

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

The clouds on Laythe are... just not my taste, why the spiral design?

I think Laythe is tidally locked, so the swirling clouds is a giant permanent hurricane, like the great red spot on Jupiter. 

I like it though, it's like those eyeball worlds you find around red dwarfs.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:52 AM, The-Doctor said:

The clouds on Laythe are... just not my taste, why the spiral design?

I don't know but I quite like the design, you are welcome to change this. Heads up, it will look a fair bit different in [0.4].

On 8/11/2017 at 6:00 AM, Spaceception said:

I think Laythe is tidally locked, so the swirling clouds is a giant permanent hurricane, like the great red spot on Jupiter. 

I like it though, it's like those eyeball worlds you find around red dwarfs.

I just did it cause I thought it looked cool, but yeah I guess that explains it :P