Matchlight

[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, KERBALINA said:

Sorry for the silly question, but how can I turn the brightness up for the background alone? is that possible? My monitor is not dim.

As in the skybox? If so, in that case, all I can really do is ask you to turn up the colors and edit it in photoshop or something. Although if you do so there is no guarantee the images will still work. The skybox used was an old universe-replacer one that I revived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

As in the skybox? If so, in that case, all I can really do is ask you to turn up the colors and edit it in photoshop or something. Although if you do so there is no guarantee the images will still work. The skybox used was an old universe-replacer one that I revived.

Yeah I was referring to the Skybox. Thanks for the explanation. I do not have photoshop , I'll just stick with how it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KERBALINA said:

Yeah I was referring to the Skybox. Thanks for the explanation. I do not have photoshop , I'll just stick with how it is.

Sorry there is really not much I can do in terms of brightening the skybox, If it bothers you that much I suggest switching skybox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Sorry there is really not much I can do in terms of brightening the skybox, If it bothers you that much I suggest switching skybox.

Its all good Thanks. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KERBALINA said:

Sorry for the silly question, but how can I turn the brightness up for the background alone? is that possible? My monitor is not dim.

@Matchlight You should never have to adjust in game settings or your hardware for a mod. That's awful advice, as that could lead to your game looking bad after you remove this mod and having to change it again. It's not hard to do it, but a visual mod should not require unnecessary, inconvenient changes like that. Changing your hardware settings would also have an effect on other games besides KSP. I don't know of a visual mod out there that recommends changing anything. If that's the case, you need to work on optimizing this visual pack so users don't need to.  This visual pack bundles Distant Objects, correct? You do know it dims the skybox (makes it darker)? You should if it's bundled. Rule of thumb for a dev; before you start pointing a finger at a users hardware or game settings, consider what your mod does, what it includes and what those bundled mods do. A little troubleshooting never hurt anyone. 

@KERBALINA I assume you have distant object enhancements installed via this mod. That mod controls the skybox dimness. Remove that to get rid of the dimming and brighten things up a little. That might be your issue.

 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Matchlight You should never have to adjust in game settings or your hardware for a mod. That's awful advice, as that could lead to your game looking bad after you remove this mod and having to change it again. It's not hard to do it, but a visual mod should not require unnecessary, inconvenient changes like that. Changing your hardware settings would also have an effect on other games besides KSP. I don't know of a visual mod out there that recommends changing anything. If that's the case, you need to work on optimizing this visual pack so users don't need to.  This visual pack bundles Distant Objects, correct? You do know it dims the skybox (makes it darker)? You should if it's bundled. Rule of thumb for a dev; before you start pointing a finger at a users hardware or game settings, consider what your mod does, what it includes and what those bundled mods do. A little troubleshooting never hurt anyone. 

@KERBALINA I assume you have distant object enhancements installed via this mod. That mod controls the skybox dimness. Remove that to get rid of the dimming and brighten things up a little. That might be your issue.

 

That's why it doesn't I only recommended this because somebody said their skybox was too dim, I appreciate feedback yet changing the mod just to suit one's complaints is meaningless. There is always going to be an issue for someone that there isn't for others. With all due respect, no body is ever going to be perfectly happy no matter what the situation is. I'm sure you've had similar comments on SVE before.

Something as minor as this really isn't a big deal, and I'm pretty sure the reason you're so fidgety when it comes to this mod because it is mostly just a revamped AVP. I have said numerous times that this is temporary and that the mod is only in the early stages of development, hence [0.3]. The next major update as I have mentioned will get rid of almost all of Astronomer's textures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Matchlight You should never have to adjust in game settings or your hardware for a mod. That's awful advice, as that could lead to your game looking bad after you remove this mod and having to change it again. It's not hard to do it, but a visual mod should not require unnecessary, inconvenient changes like that. Changing your hardware settings would also have an effect on other games besides KSP. I don't know of a visual mod out there that recommends changing anything. If that's the case, you need to work on optimizing this visual pack so users don't need to.  This visual pack bundles Distant Objects, correct? You do know it dims the skybox (makes it darker)? You should if it's bundled. Rule of thumb for a dev; before you start pointing a finger at a users hardware or game settings, consider what your mod does, what it includes and what those bundled mods do. A little troubleshooting never hurt anyone. 

@KERBALINA I assume you have distant object enhancements installed via this mod. That mod controls the skybox dimness. Remove that to get rid of the dimming and brighten things up a little. That might be your issue.

 

Yes, it was Distant object that was causing the dim Skybox, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KERBALINA said:

Yes, it was Distant object that was causing the dim Skybox, thank you.

Great, now I look stupid :sticktongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

That's why it doesn't I only recommended this because somebody said their skybox was too dim, I appreciate feedback yet changing the mod just to suit one's complaints is meaningless. There is always going to be an issue for someone that there isn't for others. With all due respect, no body is ever going to be perfectly happy no matter what the situation is. I'm sure you've had similar comments on SVE before.

Something as minor as this really isn't a big deal, and I'm pretty sure the reason you're so fidgety when it comes to this mod because it is mostly just a revamped AVP. I have said numerous times that this is temporary and that the mod is only in the early stages of development, hence [0.3]. The next major update as I have mentioned will get rid of almost all of Astronomer's textures. 

I never said to change the mod for one person. I have never installed this pack so I have no way of knowing if it's too dark. This is why I said "IF that's the case..." I have had plenty of comments like this, but I made SVE modular, so if anybody didn't like the way something looked, it would be because of something THEY did or added. 

I couldn't care less that this is a repackaged version of AVP. What I do care about is users getting good advice on how to fix issues. This is why I stick around this thread, because this happens quite a bit around here. When you give advice like you did, it can bleed over into other mods. I really don't feel like dealing with another user coming to the SVE or GPP thread saying "my game is too bright" and it's because you told them or their friend to adjust their monitor or in game settings. See what I'm getting at? 

What irked was the fact that you never asked for logs, a screenshot of the gamedata folder, or a simple mod list. You immediately assumed it was the users problem. It's easy to miss what the issue could be when you don't look for it.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I never said to change the mod for one person. I have never installed this pack so I have no way of knowing if it's too dark. This is why I said "IF that's the case..." I have had plenty of comments like this, but I made SVE modular, so if anybody didn't like the way something looked, it would be because of something THEY did or added. 

I couldn't care less that this is a repackaged version of AVP. What I do care about is users getting good advice on how to fix issues. This is why I stick around this thread, because this happens quite a bit around here. When you give advice like you did, it can bleed over into other mods. I really don't feel like dealing with another user coming to the SVE or GPP thread saying "my game is too bright" and it's because you told them or their friend to adjust their monitor or in game settings. See what I'm getting at? 

What irked was the fact that you never asked for logs, a screenshot of the gamedata folder, or a simple mod list. You immediately assumed it was the users problem. It's easy to miss what the issue could be when you don't look for it.

Thank you, and I do appreciate the help since I am fairly new to this. On top of that update [0.3.5] eliminates most bundling to terminate some licensing issues.

Edited by Matchlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Matchlight,

Unfortunately, we've had to remove your download links again.  Not only did you restore your links without fixing all the violations listed in my earlier note to you, but you've bundled additional mods since, adding new violations in the process.

Specifically:

  • You still don't identify your license in the OP of this thread.
  • You still don't include a license file in your download.
  • You are bundling multiple mods, with a licensing violation on most of them.

Here are examples of licensing violations on the bundled mods:

  • Distant Object EnhancementYou're not allowed to bundle this mod.  It's licensed CC-BY, which is not compatible with your LGPL license.  (That's because CC-BY prohibits you from adding additional legal restrictions, which LGPL does since it's copyleft.)
  • KerbalVisualEnhancements:  You're not including its license file.  Also, you need to indicate its version and provide a link to the original.
  • ScattererYou're not allowed to bundle this mod.  It's licensed GPLv3, which is not compatible with your LGPL license.
  • TextureReplacerYou're not including its license file. Also, you need to indicate its version and provide a link to the original.

Please do not restore your download links until and unless you have addressed all licensing violations.  Until then, this thread is locked.  @Matchlight, please let us know when you have fixed all licensing problems.  The easiest way to do that is to report this post of mine, with an explanatory note.  After you've fixed the problems, we can unlock your thread and you can restore your links.

Thank you for your understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.