Matchlight

[1.3.0] Andromeda Visuals: Daydream [0.3.5]

Recommended Posts

Update: I'v made another skybox optional skybox and now the system is modular so you have the choice of adding the the music or adding the sun flare or skybox. The skybox is very calm and has few stars, it is supposed to depict what the real sky would look like when in space. I've also decided hat there will be an optional wormhole included in the mod. Technically it is a tiny gas giant that orbits Jool; when you go inside of it it is similar to what happens inside of Jool. Speaking of Jool I blended the colours to match up better; Now it looks more like it should. 

 

That and more will be in the next update aka the Beta of this mod :) please feel free to give me any feedback or give me any ideas for what I can add. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, siliconworm said:

does this mod work with Real Solar System?

Not atm @siliconworm the mod developer @Matchlight has said he might be working on a version before the full release of the mod.

Edited by Ceras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago and I having a lot of crashes when loading the VAB, i just got back from my vacation and now none of the mods load in. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheRealGuy123 said:

I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago and I having a lot of crashes when loading the VAB, i just got back from my vacation and now none of the mods load in. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Hey @TheRealGuy123, just to be clear from the start, I am not the developer of this mod and will not be able to fix any bugs in this mod. However I can possibly help with the crashing, first what mods do you have installing? Also does the game give you a crash report? If so can you upload it and put a link to it here please?

Edited by Ceras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2016 at 4:53 AM, Ceras said:

Hey @TheRealGuy123, just to be clear from the start, I am not the developer of this mod and will not be able to fix any bugs in this mod. However I can possibly help with the crashing, first what mods do you have installing? Also does the game give you a crash report? If so can you upload it and put a link to it here please?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0CBahst_Spob21LMWFrdlU5Wnc here is the crash folder. I am currently using these mods but none of them load except for mech jeb. Chatterer, DistantObject, EVE, MechJeb2, PlanetShine, scatterer, SVE, TextureReplacer. i downloaded them all from here. https://spacedock.info/mod/889/Astronomer's Visual Pack: Andromeda-V3 (WIP)

Edited by TheRealGuy123
used a mediafire link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TheRealGuy123 said:

<snipped> here is the crash folder. I am currently using these mods but none of them load except for mech jeb. Chatterer, DistantObject, EVE, MechJeb2, PlanetShine, scatterer, SVE, TextureReplacer. i downloaded them all from here. https://spacedock.info/mod/889/Astronomer's Visual Pack: Andromeda-V3 (WIP)

You'll have to find another host for your crash folder, mediafire links are not permitted here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, just got back! :D I apologize for the anyone getting crashes and i have a feeling it may be an EVE issue but i'm still looking into it. There's a possibility I changed something in the code that made something incompatible with something else. If you figure it out please tell me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: September release! The next edition will come out in mid to late September and will be much more modular and include features such as; An optional wormhole, Optional sunflare, 2 downloads (One volumetric, one non-volumetric). The new version also features, a slightly calmer Jool, Subtle changes to scatterer to give the pack a little more oomph. The pack should hopefully feel a little more complete and there are still features to be implemented such as Snow on Kerbin and Laythe. I also plan to use cloud layers and chatterer to create wind and rain. Also adding a scatterer effect which makes the planets glow a little more making the cloud layers sync in better so they don't stick out like a sore thumb. On top of all of that i got rid of a few things from the original folder so now it shouldn't be 1GB on download. :D 

 

If you have any ideas please feel free to post it on the thread :) Enjoy 

 

 

-Matchlight :cool:

Edited by Matchlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2016 at 1:59 AM, Ceras said:

Thanks, I've got RVE on 1.1.3 just by testing it tbh but in my opinion, it looks weird specifically the Earth texture with the cities and stuff, I'm not sure whether that's because RVE's isn't working for some reason and so it's using EVE's but even if that did work I much prefer the look of this mod. As I'm an Indie Games Developer who works in Unity already (Specifically focused on the coding of games) I might look at making my own visual pack for RSS :P 

Which reminds I was supposed to say in my first comment, @Matchlight if you need any help with this, I don't mind helping out.

If you want to create your pack, I say go for it! Ask me, Galileo or sDaZe if you have any trouble. But i'd say have fun and expand the options for visual packs :)

On 8/26/2016 at 3:29 PM, TheRealGuy123 said:

I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago and I having a lot of crashes when loading the VAB, i just got back from my vacation and now none of the mods load in. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

This may be a clash between Kopernicus and EVE that i am aware of, unfortunately there isn't too much i can do :( If you don

t have Kopernicus installed. Try uninstalling all your mods, reinstall AVP, make sure it works and then add other mods after you know its working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

If you want to create your pack, I say go for it! Ask me, Galileo or sDaZe if you have any trouble. But i'd say have fun and expand the options for visual packs :)

This may be a clash between Kopernicus and EVE that i am aware of, unfortunately there isn't too much i can do :( If you don

t have Kopernicus installed. Try uninstalling all your mods, reinstall AVP, make sure it works and then add other mods after you know its working.

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm going to create one, I'm back to university in a few weeks and I am going to spend the next few weeks beforehand improving my unity and programming skills overall (even though ksp wouldn't be the worst thing to work with :p) but thanks, and to be fair, it probably wouldn't interfere with any one downloading yours as I'm looking at making a RSS compatible one over stock ksp 

Edited by Ceras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, well in the long run it is up to you, but if you decide to make one i'd be happy to help :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Ok, well in the long run it is up to you, but if you decide to make one i'd be happy to help :) 

Thanks :D I'm happy to help you as well if you need it, I know C#/Unity very well as I've said before as its my main Game Engine during college, university and my work :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I always get this with EVE? never with SVE, it's the lights from the medium landing gear, seems to happen more over ocean.

Thanks for the great bundle, would love to see it on CKAN.

 

sObjzyo.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kyoden said:

Why do I always get this with EVE? never with SVE, it's the lights from the medium landing gear, seems to happen more over ocean.

Thanks for the great bundle, would love to see it on CKAN.

 

sObjzyo.png

Its does happen with SVE but its way less noticeable. Its caused by the cloud shadow. Its less noticeable in SVE because my cloud layers are more transparent. Since Matchlight is using Astronomers old clouds, they are so opaque you will see way more artifacting caused by the cloud shadows. When Astronomer created his clouds, EVE did not have the option for cloud shadows so he never had to account for that. Thats why his textures are not transparent at all and cast horrible shadows. 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matchlight, You have mentioned something about snow on Kerbin and Laythe. Maybe I am asking stupidly, but is there any way to have snow falling from the sky? It would look so amazing. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterYoda said:

Hi Matchlight, You have mentioned something about snow on Kerbin and Laythe. Maybe I am asking stupidly, but is there any way to have snow falling from the sky? It would look so amazing. :D 

Hey dude, I'm not matchlight or anything but there is a chance the snow would work since ksp does allow engine creators to make particle effects, B9 Aerospace had custom effects Im pretty sure but it depends on the ksp API mostly and there would be two problems, a. It would probably be laggy on a lot of pcs and b. Without having someone who is good at particle systems in unity it would looke really bad,  I might look into it if matchlight and you don't mind, probably wouldn't publish it but if I get it working I could give it to matchlight.

 

Hey @Matchlight, sorry for replying to all the posts sent to you :P, I just know a lot on these types of things and like helping people 

Edited by Ceras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that you can add atmosphere scatters and an atmosphere glow? at least the glow if you cant do the scatter, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Neptunian said:

Is it possible that you can add atmosphere scatters and an atmosphere glow? at least the glow if you cant do the scatter, thanks!

What you are looking for is the scatterer mod. 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2016 at 3:16 AM, Ceras said:

Hey dude, I'm not matchlight or anything but there is a chance the snow would work since ksp does allow engine creators to make particle effects, B9 Aerospace had custom effects Im pretty sure but it depends on the ksp API mostly and there would be two problems, a. It would probably be laggy on a lot of pcs and b. Without having someone who is good at particle systems in unity it would looke really bad,  I might look into it if matchlight and you don't mind, probably wouldn't publish it but if I get it working I could give it to matchlight.

 

Hey @Matchlight, sorry for replying to all the posts sent to you :P, I just know a lot on these types of things and like helping people 

No problem, its much appreciated, at the moment I'm looking into adding rain, lightning and snow :) If anyone answers in my absence they are probably more experienced than me. But for those who do answer; I'm watching you :|

 

Just kidding, thanks a bunch :D

Yes, the snow would be falling, so would the rain :) it would look nice although they would be particle effects so not 3d objects because that would be way to much for the game to render. Instead they would be more like 2d ovals i guess, but they'd be pretty small and I'd make sure they look better than white ovals :D

On 02/09/2016 at 2:37 PM, Galileo said:

Its does happen with SVE but its way less noticeable. Its caused by the cloud shadow. Its less noticeable in SVE because my cloud layers are more transparent. Since Matchlight is using Astronomers old clouds, they are so opaque you will see way more artifacting caused by the cloud shadows. When Astronomer created his clouds, EVE did not have the option for cloud shadows so he never had to account for that. Thats why his textures are not transparent at all and cast horrible shadows. 

Unfortunately i am experiencing the same issues, The only fix I can think of is to turn of shadows. Although in my opinion its not worth it, shadows may not seem like much of an addition at first; but you'd be surprised at what difference it makes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Yes, the snow would be falling, so would the rain :) it would look nice although they would be particle effects so not 3d objects because that would be way to much for the game to render. Instead they would be more like 2d ovals i guess, but they'd be pretty small and I'd make sure they look better than white ovals :D

 
 

Ye, I have been working on particles for awhile now, mostly 2D as 3D particles are way too much to handle and I don't really need them atm, but you can get 3D particle effects in Unity you know? You just need the mesh but like you said it'd be too much to render anyway. After I read this bit of your comment  " I'm looking into adding rain, lightning, and snow  " I had an amazing extension to those but wouldn't suit a visuals pack :P, have you heard of the mod ScanSAT? Where you scan the earth and moon etc? Well what about an idea like that but instead they're weather dishes which report back to the KSC (just doing realism here, obviously it would be the player who would see it while around Kerbin) so you can find the ideal time to reenter... It'd be cool too if the lightning could cause damage to your vessel but of course that'd be harder to do Never mind, seconds after posting this I realised its actually easier than I thought.. since you can have collision boxes on particles (my most recent effect which was a new fire/smoke effect had the particles hitting the roof and spreading out) and you can have them send a message to what they hit as they hit it, the only problem would be knowing how to cause the damage to whatever part it is.. can't be too hard though, its Kerbal Space Program.. things collide and blow up all the time

Edited by Ceras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ceras said:

Ye, I have been working on particles for awhile now, mostly 2D as 3D particles are way too much to handle and I don't really need them atm, but you can get 3D particle effects in Unity you know? You just need the mesh but like you said it'd be too much to render anyway. After I read this bit of your comment  " I'm looking into adding rain, lightning, and snow  " I had an amazing extension to those but wouldn't suit a visuals pack :P, have you heard of the mod ScanSAT? Where you scan the earth and moon etc? Well what about an idea like that but instead they're weather dishes which report back to the KSC (just doing realism here, obviously it would be the player who would see it while around Kerbin) so you can find the ideal time to reenter... It'd be cool too if the lightning could cause damage to your vessel but of course that'd be harder to do

I'd say that lightning damaging your ship isn't impossible, but since this is a visual pack i don't really want stuff like that in it (because it makes the game harder and that may not be what the player wants) But i could put it in as an extension possibly in later versions. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ye, that's why I said it wouldn't go in a visuals pack :P it'd be an awesome feature, I'm sure it'd make the game harder and definitely more realistic (well, at least the weather satellites etc)

Edited by Ceras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could maybe make it a separate mod possibly sometime next year :)

Anyway, gotta run; i'm trying to convince NVIDIA to send me a free GTX 1070 for review. :D worth a try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

I could maybe make it a separate mod possibly sometime next year :)

Anyway, gotta run; i'm trying to convince NVIDIA to send me a free GTX 1070 for review. :D worth a try

 

Alright then, going to be working in Unity most of the day so if you need anything let me know, I'm basically sat at my desk with my emails open on the second screen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.