I've finally joined SpaceDock, released 2 small mods

Xyphos

http://spacedock.info/profile/Xyphos

kOS for All! - Adds kOS scripting to all command pods, no need to add non-stock parts to your vessel. (requires kOS, obviously)

SnapDock - Applies angle snapping to docking ports; docking ports will now align in increments of 5 degrees, similar to that of the vessel editor. no more crooked orbital builds that wobble out of alignment!

Edited by Xyphos

16 hours ago, Xyphos said:

SnapDock - Applies angle snapping to docking ports; docking ports will now align in increments of 5 degrees, similar to that of the vessel editor. no more crooked orbital builds that wobble out of alignment!

I don't understand what this does.  Is this for the editor or in flight?  In the editor I already have angle snap.  Are you saying this will allow me to dock only at 5 degree angles?  If I change "snapOffset = 5" to "snapOffset = 45", would that let me dock only at 45 degree angles?

5 hours ago, hab136 said:

I don't understand what this does.  Is this for the editor or in flight?  In the editor I already have angle snap.  Are you saying this will allow me to dock only at 5 degree angles?  If I change "snapOffset = 5" to "snapOffset = 45", would that let me dock only at 45 degree angles?

Yes, that's what it does. And that's awesome!

10 hours ago, hab136 said:

it's for flight, and yes if you edit to 45, it will snap to 45 degree angles. just don't touch the 98 or you may run into problems getting it to dock.

I made it 5 degree angles so if you build a full modular prototype and launch it in sections, it's possible to snap the angles to exactly the way you had your prototype built.

the mod is public domain, I don't care what you do with it, so edit however you see fit.

Edited by Xyphos

• 3 months later...

Hmmm, got a question, @Xyphos, I set the angle in the .cfg to 90 degrees, and it looks like it is still possible to dock at an imperfect angle. Could be it was 5 degrees off (like the original setting) but I am not sure.

• Do you happen to know if I can fix this?
  • Do you happen to know a way or a mod to actually see or measure the comparative angle of your modules during or after docking?

Thanks for any help you might give in advance!

@DrScarlett sorry for the delayed response

did you edit "snapOffset" to 90? because that's angle control, not the "captureMinRollDot" which is just an error tolerance specification, it's best to leave "captureMinRollDot" at 0.98 or you'll experience problems when docking.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		captureMinRollDot = 0.98
		snapRotation = true		
		snapOffset = 5
	}
}

• 1 year later...

"captureMinRollDot = 0.98" and "snapOffset = 45" allows docking in (45° × n) ± 2° angles or I misunderstood captureMinRollDot field? 

So this mod can prevent me from docking in 30°, but can't prevent from docking in 45,5° ?

P.S. I know, there is "Konstruction" and "Dock Rotate", but what about this patch?

Edited by flart

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.