[1.8.1+] KSP Craft Organizer - VAB/SPH tags + craft searching

Ker_nale

I love this mods, thanks so much. This has made my life much easier. When I tinker with craft I produce loads of craft files because I version them all and I end up with a huge long list in the standard interface. Tags really help.

One thing I'd love to see is a reduction in height of the tiles in the load dialogue. When I open it on my PC I can only see five craft before having to scroll. But all the text is on the left hand side and there's a large blank area to the right. Could some of the lines of text be combined ? Could the name and vehicle data go on the same line ? Maybe put all the tags on the same line ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 7:13 AM, bokrif said:

It works.

Also my previously posted issues are currently solved with the latest release. Good job!

Thank you!

EDIT:

So I downloaded and installed. Sadly, the only icon that appears in my VAB toolbar is Tags, so I can assign tags to my craft but they are unusable, since the other button does not show. I placed the extracted folder right inside GameData, modified nothing in it. I suspect the installation procedure was OK, since one of the icon appears, at least.

No idea what can be happening... perhaps some incompatibility with my other mods. :(

Edited by Supermarine
Update added

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I no longer play KSP so I did not even notice that new version is available. Thx @santiagokof and @Supermarine for pointing this out.

I recompiled the plugin with the new version of KSP and uploaded it to all places listed in the first post. I tested it quickly and for me it works. If you have any problems with this new version then please provide information when it occurs and the content of your log file so I can investigate it.

As I no longer play KSP I will probably not be able to spot some bugs myself but I will try to keep this plugin running on newer versions of the game if this is not too much work for me.

Please note that Cursea has to approve files before they are visible for everyone. If you need the plugin right now please download it from github or spacedock.

BR, ker_nale

• 4 months later...
On 6/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, Ker_nale said:

Hi All,

I no longer play KSP so I did not even notice that new version is available. Thx @santiagokof and @Supermarine for pointing this out.

I recompiled the plugin with the new version of KSP and uploaded it to all places listed in the first post. I tested it quickly and for me it works. If you have any problems with this new version then please provide information when it occurs and the content of your log file so I can investigate it.

As I no longer play KSP I will probably not be able to spot some bugs myself but I will try to keep this plugin running on newer versions of the game if this is not too much work for me.

Please note that Cursea has to approve files before they are visible for everyone. If you need the plugin right now please download it from github or spacedock.

BR, ker_nale

Would you like me to adopt this?

1 hour ago, Ker_nale said:

If you have some ideas how to improve the plugin - sure, no problem.

I do, which is why I asked.

I'll be adding the ability to put craft files into the stock folder, so that they will be available for all saves.

Will be a few weeks, I have several other projects on the burner right now.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll be adding the ability to put craft files into the stock folder, so that they will be available for all saves.

I am not sure if it would not be a good idea to place it in some another new plugin - KSP Craft Organizer is purposely not dealing with saving at all, it adds possibilities for reading (filtering on name/tags, reading from different saves and so on). I did not modify standard "save" action and did not replace standard read action to be more bulletproof for future changes of the game (so I do not need to modify the plugin every time new version of the game is released) and for possible compatibility issues with other plugins.

9 minutes ago, Ker_nale said:

I am not sure if it would not be a good idea to place it in some another new plugin - KSP Craft Organizer is purposely not dealing with saving at all, it adds possibilities for reading (filtering on name/tags, reading from different saves and so on). I did not modify standard "save" action and did not replace standard read action to be more bulletproof for future changes of the game (so I do not need to modify the plugin every time new version of the game is released) and for possible compatibility issues with other plugins.

Oh, for some reason I thought it was doing saving of files.

Ok.  Well, why don't we leave it this way:  Since you have a good version for 1.3.1, leave it, and when the next version comes out, I could do something then.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  Well, why don't we leave it this way:  Since you have a good version for 1.3.1, leave it, and when the next version comes out, I could do something then.

Sounds good for me. As I said I will try to update the plugin so it works with new versions of the game - since I do not play it right now (and I do not know when I may start playing it again) I hope I will be notified about compatibility issues in this thread so I can fix it. I will limit changes to compatibility issues though, so if you have some ideas to add new features then fill free to fork or contribute to it.

• 3 months later...
On 15/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I do, which is why I asked.

Will be a few weeks, I have several other projects on the burner right now.

When you do get a chance to have another look at this mod could you perhaps please add the ability to have a sort of "Date"? I nearly always want to open one of the last couple of craft that I have been working on. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am the original author of the plugin and I will try to make it work on 1.4.

I encountered problems how plugin displays menus when UI is scaled > 100% - I think it was working OK before 1.4 but now everything is messed up. I have to look at it and hopefully fix the problem, I hope I will have time this week :).

2 minutes ago, Ker_nale said:

I am the original author of the plugin and I will try to make it work on 1.4.

I encountered problems how plugin displays menus when UI is scaled > 100% - I think it was working OK before 1.4 but now everything is messed up. I have to look at it and hopefully fix the problem, I hope I will have time this week :).

is it possible to add an option to delete stock crafts, or there is and i don't know about it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.