[1.8.1+] KSP Craft Organizer - VAB/SPH tags + craft searching

Ker_nale

I love this mod! I've been struggling with my saved crafts all the time, even had to develop a sophisticated naming system to make it easier to find the one I need. Now, it's so much easier! I also like that, at last, we can rename crafts without the boring "load-rename-save-delete duplicate" stuff.

I have one feature request. Would it be possible to make certain tags/tag categories sortable? For instance, if the tag category name starts with a special character, it is interpreted as a number and, instead of just checking & unchecking the tag in the open window, I can click it to sort in descending/ascending order. So, I could add tags like "@deltaV/6000" or "@crew/3" to my ships and then easily sort them to find the one I need. It would then be quite easy to auto-tag crafts with their cost, mass or part count.

8 hours ago, garwel said:

I love this mod! I've been struggling with my saved crafts all the time, even had to develop a sophisticated naming system to make it easier to find the one I need. Now, it's so much easier! I also like that, at last, we can rename crafts without the boring "load-rename-save-delete duplicate" stuff.

I have one feature request. Would it be possible to make certain tags/tag categories sortable? For instance, if the tag category name starts with a special character, it is interpreted as a number and, instead of just checking & unchecking the tag in the open window, I can click it to sort in descending/ascending order. So, I could add tags like "@deltaV/6000" or "@crew/3" to my ships and then easily sort them to find the one I need. It would then be quite easy to auto-tag crafts with their cost, mass or part count.

This is quite interesting idea. I would not like to introduce some new special prefixes/suffixes, but I think that drop-down list with possibility to choose to sort crafts on name/cost/some-chosen-tag would do the trick,  am I right? The only problem would be if single craft has multiple tags from the same group, but in that case I would just choose first of them.

sort by: 
+--------------+
| Name      \/ |
+--------------+
| Cost         |
| --Tag:       |
| Bodies       |
| Type         |
| DeltaV       |
+--------------+

Edited by Ker_nale

Yep, it also sounds like a plan. It would have a special advantage that you might sort by non-numeric stuff like bodies names. However, it would be important to make sure that integers are parsed and sorted correctly. Otherwise, you would have 100 before 50 etc,

And it would also be cool, again, to have a few built-in tags like Cost, Mass, PartCount.

As I was writing this, I had another idea: dating crafts. Seeing how old (in game terms) a design is is very helpful for selecting the right one. For instance, I might have sent a probe to Minmus very early in my career game with very primitive parts; I probably wouldn't want to reuse that design in late game and instead would choose something fresher. So adding a tag with date and time when the design was last modified would help. But it's not as important as the first suggestion.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

On 23.08.2016 at 9:50 PM, garwel said:

However, it would be important to make sure that integers are parsed and sorted correctly. Otherwise, you would have 100 before 50 etc,

Yes, I would introduce natural sorting.

On 23.08.2016 at 9:50 PM, garwel said:

And it would also be cool, again, to have a few built-in tags like Cost, Mass, PartCount.

What do you mean built-in tags? I was planning to just introduce ability to sort on Cost, Mass, etc. Do you have something different in your mind?

-------

I would like to inform you that I am going on long holidays for entire Spetember so I will probably not be able to update the plugin. Do not worry, through, the plugin is not abandoned :).

It seems that in the meantime the new version of KSP will be released and I will take care of it when I return.

16 hours ago, Ker_nale said:

What do you mean built-in tags? I was planning to just introduce ability to sort on Cost, Mass, etc. Do you have something different in your mind?

Well, I saw it as sort of "virtual tags" that would look to the user like actual tags except that they'd be added to the list in the Load window. But any way of doing this sorting is good.

Have a great vacation!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am back from holidays and I have updated the plugin to KSP 1.2-pre. It does not contain any other changes than adjusting to new version of KSP. The version for ksp 1.2-pre is not compatible with earlier versions of the game and the version for KSP 1.1.3 is not compatible with KSP 1.2-pre as the API has been changed. Please download the version appropriate for your game.

This version is not available on spacedock as they do not allow to mark plugin as compatible with prerelease versions.

I will try to update the plugin to have features like vehicle sorting but unfortunately I have very important mission to the surface of Eve & back ;).

Download:

• Download from curse (there are separate files - only for KSP 1.1.3 or only fork KSP 1.2-pre. Please download appropriate)
  • Download from github (there are separate files - only for KSP 1.1.3 or only fork KSP 1.2-pre. Please download appropriate)

Please inform me if you have any problems with the plugin for KSP1.2-pre. I play mainly in KSP 1.1.3 so I did not have chance to test it thoroughly but I would like it to be finished once KSP 1.2 is officially released :).

Sounds like it works OK for the pre version.  My only question is how soon would we see an official update.  I'm basically restarting career mode yet again, since I want to do one based on the new commnet stuff (the old remote addon was too fiddly).  Id rather wait if there will be one in the next week or so, but if the timeline is longer than I'll go with the 1.2pre version and deal with any changes when they come.  Note: this is not a hurry up nor is it a delivery date request - just asking the users what they would expect to do.

Hi All,

I think you all deserve some explanation:

1) I did not test 1.2-pre version with final 1.2. Recently I did not play KSP at all :(.

2) This plugin does not have that many dependencies on KSP api, so I think if it works for somebody on KSP1.2 it should work just fine.

2) Toady I have started to work on the update for KSP1.2 that would include sorting of crafts and maybe some other minor updates. It turned out to be something more than "little 1-hour change". I hope that I will manage to finish it this week (or during next weekend).

So basically if you need working version of the plugin it seems you may just grab the one for KSP1.2-PRE. I will try to post the newer version with some upgrades as soon as I can.

On 10/16/2016 at 6:25 PM, Ker_nale said:

So basically if you need working version of the plugin it seems you may just grab the one for KSP1.2-PRE. I will try to post the newer version with some upgrades as soon as I can.

Looking forward to i!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have released version 1.4. Changes:

• Adjusted to KSP 1.2.1
  • Added possibility to sort crafts
  • Added "clear" buttons next to each tag group in filter pane

Download:

As far as I can see it is not yet available using CKAN, there may be some delay until it updates its metadata. If problem still occurs tomorrow I will try to investigate what is wrong with it.

It is now available on CKAN as well. It seems that either CKAN or spacedock have up to ~3h of delay to update metadata/notify about changes.

Edited by Ker_nale

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice mod.

Just missing one little feature - "Sort by" to include "date". Would it be possible to add that feature please?

I nearly always want to open one of the last few craft I have worked on and need to have these at the top of the list. 

On 27.11.2016 at 0:47 PM, Foxster said:

Very nice mod.

Just missing one little feature - "Sort by" to include "date". Would it be possible to add that feature please?

I nearly always want to open one of the last few craft I have worked on and need to have these at the top of the list. 

Thanks. Sorting by dates is definitely doable. I will try to include it in the next release. I am not sure when it may be though - recently I do not play KSP but I will try to keep this mod updated. Also, I may return to KSP at some time ;).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I get a blank window of Craft Organizer when I hit the button in VAB. Also this blank window breaks the VAB and I can only exit it by using an other mod of Quick Exit and Quick scene switch or something like it.

Spoiler

Log

[LOG 01:17:57.718] [CraftOrganizer]Reading plugin settings from C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData\KspCraftOrganizer\settings.conf
[LOG 01:17:57.721] [CraftOrganizer]DisplayWindow: Load craft
[LOG 01:17:57.724] [CraftOrganizer]Craft file for Untitled Space Craft changed, previous save date: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM, current save date: 2/14/2017 1:17:45 AM
[LOG 01:17:57.727] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft settings from craft management window
[LOG 01:17:57.730] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.735] [CraftOrganizer]Reading current's craft tags assuming its file is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft
[LOG 01:17:57.737] [CraftOrganizer]Tags will not be read - editor is new or file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft' does not exist
[LOG 01:17:57.745] [CraftOrganizer]Selected tags that will be saved: 
[LOG 01:17:57.747] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft Untitled Space Craft settings to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.crmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.756] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft settings from craft management window
[LOG 01:17:57.757] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.760] [CraftOrganizer]Reading current's craft tags assuming its file is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft
[LOG 01:17:57.762] [CraftOrganizer]Tags will not be read - editor is new or file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft' does not exist
[LOG 01:17:57.764] [CraftOrganizer]Selected tags that will be saved: 
[LOG 01:17:57.765] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft Untitled Space Craft settings to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.crmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.769] [CraftOrganizer][Event spy]On Saved to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft, is new file: True
[LOG 01:17:57.772] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.775] [CraftOrganizer]Current save: Liberty Islands
[LOG 01:17:57.783] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.792] [CraftOrganizer]fetching 'VAB' crafts from disk
[LOG 01:17:57.794] [CraftOrganizer]fetching 'VAB' crafts from disk from C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB
[LOG 01:17:58.896] [CraftOrganizer]Finished fetching 148 crafts, it took 1.100586s
[LOG 01:17:58.927] [CraftOrganizer]The name from settings is different than name from craft file. Settings has: '', craft file has: ''
[EXC 01:17:58.929] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KspCraftOrganizer.ListOfCraftsInSave.<fetchAvailableCrafts>m__0 (KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity c1, KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity c2)
	System.Array.qsort[OrganizerCraftEntity] (KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity[] array, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
	System.Array.qsort[OrganizerCraftEntity] (KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity[] array, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
	System.Array.Sort[OrganizerCraftEntity] (KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity[] array, Int32 length, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
	Rethrow as InvalidOperationException: Comparison threw an exception.
	System.Array.Sort[OrganizerCraftEntity] (KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity[] array, Int32 length, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity].Sort (System.Comparison`1 comparison)
	KspCraftOrganizer.ListOfCraftsInSave.fetchAvailableCrafts (KspCraftOrganizer.CraftType type)
	KspCraftOrganizer.ListOfCraftsInSave.getCraftsOfType (KspCraftOrganizer.CraftType type)
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerControllerCraftList.get_availableCrafts ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerController.get_availableCrafts ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerControllerFilter.recreateAvailableTags ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerControllerFilter.update ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerController.update (System.String selectedSave, Boolean selectAll)
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerWindow.update ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.KspCraftOrganizerMain.Update ()
[LOG 01:17:59.022] [CraftOrganizer]fetching 'VAB' crafts from disk
and then same repeats from that point

My game is heavily modded but KSP Craft Organizer worked well before. I don't know what have I done wrong. :(

9 hours ago, bokrif said:

I get a blank window of Craft Organizer when I hit the button in VAB. Also this blank window breaks the VAB and I can only exit it by using an other mod of Quick Exit and Quick scene switch or something like it.

Reveal hidden contents

Log

[LOG 01:17:57.718] [CraftOrganizer]Reading plugin settings from C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData\KspCraftOrganizer\settings.conf
[LOG 01:17:57.721] [CraftOrganizer]DisplayWindow: Load craft
[LOG 01:17:57.724] [CraftOrganizer]Craft file for Untitled Space Craft changed, previous save date: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM, current save date: 2/14/2017 1:17:45 AM
[LOG 01:17:57.727] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft settings from craft management window
[LOG 01:17:57.730] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.735] [CraftOrganizer]Reading current's craft tags assuming its file is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft
[LOG 01:17:57.737] [CraftOrganizer]Tags will not be read - editor is new or file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft' does not exist
[LOG 01:17:57.745] [CraftOrganizer]Selected tags that will be saved: 
[LOG 01:17:57.747] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft Untitled Space Craft settings to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.crmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.756] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft settings from craft management window
[LOG 01:17:57.757] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.760] [CraftOrganizer]Reading current's craft tags assuming its file is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft
[LOG 01:17:57.762] [CraftOrganizer]Tags will not be read - editor is new or file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft' does not exist
[LOG 01:17:57.764] [CraftOrganizer]Selected tags that will be saved: 
[LOG 01:17:57.765] [CraftOrganizer]Writing craft Untitled Space Craft settings to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.crmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.769] [CraftOrganizer][Event spy]On Saved to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB\Untitled Space Craft.craft, is new file: True
[LOG 01:17:57.772] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.775] [CraftOrganizer]Current save: Liberty Islands
[LOG 01:17:57.783] [CraftOrganizer]reading profile settings from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\profile_settings.pcrmgr'
[LOG 01:17:57.792] [CraftOrganizer]fetching 'VAB' crafts from disk
[LOG 01:17:57.794] [CraftOrganizer]fetching 'VAB' crafts from disk from C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Liberty Islands\Ships\VAB
[LOG 01:17:58.896] [CraftOrganizer]Finished fetching 148 crafts, it took 1.100586s
[LOG 01:17:58.927] [CraftOrganizer]The name from settings is different than name from craft file. Settings has: '', craft file has: ''
[EXC 01:17:58.929] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KspCraftOrganizer.ListOfCraftsInSave.<fetchAvailableCrafts>m__0 (KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity c1, KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity c2)
	Rethrow as InvalidOperationException: Comparison threw an exception.
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerCraftEntity].Sort (System.Comparison`1 comparison)
	KspCraftOrganizer.ListOfCraftsInSave.fetchAvailableCrafts (KspCraftOrganizer.CraftType type)
	KspCraftOrganizer.ListOfCraftsInSave.getCraftsOfType (KspCraftOrganizer.CraftType type)
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerControllerCraftList.get_availableCrafts ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerController.get_availableCrafts ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerControllerFilter.recreateAvailableTags ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerControllerFilter.update ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerController.update (System.String selectedSave, Boolean selectAll)
	KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerWindow.update ()
	KspCraftOrganizer.KspCraftOrganizerMain.Update ()
[LOG 01:17:59.022] [CraftOrganizer]fetching 'VAB' crafts from disk
and then same repeats from that point

My game is heavily modded but KSP Craft Organizer worked well before. I don't know what have I done wrong. :(

Can you post your game version and OS? The best would be if you send a few first lines of the logs - from the first line until and including "Log started: ", something like this:

[LOG 13:43:29.561] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.1.1604 (OSXPlayer) *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.1.1604 (OSXPlayer)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz (4)
RAM: 8192
GPU: Intel Iris OpenGL Engine (1536MB)
SM: 41 (OpenGL 4.1 INTEL-10.14.58)
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, RGB111110Float

Log started: Sun, Nov 06, 2016 13:43:29

Edit:

Also, please provide version of KSP craft organzer plugin that you are using.

Edited by Ker_nale

@bokrif: I have created new version of the plugin on github, 1.4.1. The only difference is that there are more guarding blocks so there is less chance that plugin will fail miserably if some craft file is corrupted. Also, if some error is found, the problematic craft file should be logged. Please install new version by hand (I did not update it for CKAN) and provide output from log file so I can investigate more.

The download is available here: https://github.com/grzegrzk/ksp-craft-organizer/releases/tag/1.4.1

Thank you @Ker_nale! I'm going to try it out.

Meanwhile the information you requested:

KSP Craft Organizer version 1.4

[LOG 00:55:40.640] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64) *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4)
RAM: 8101
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2019MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 21.21.13.7654])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 00:55:40

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.