[1.8.1+] KSP Craft Organizer - VAB/SPH tags + craft searching

Ker_nale

2 hours ago, garwel said:

You can disable stock craft in difficulty settings (but I'm not sure if it works after the game's started).

i know that, but i copy all my ships from a game to another, and there are a lot, than i have a compatibility issue because some mods are not present in the new game, and than i have to remove manually those craft i don't need and it's hard doing that... lots of ALT-TAB...

4 hours ago, Acvila said:

i know that, but i copy all my ships from a game to another, and there are a lot, than i have a compatibility issue because some mods are not present in the new game, and than i have to remove manually those craft i don't need and it's hard doing that... lots of ALT-TAB...

I am not sure what are you doing. Why do you have modded crafts among stock crafts?

11 hours ago, Ker_nale said:

I am not sure what are you doing. Why do you have modded crafts among stock crafts?

i don't know enough English to explain well this... the game has original ships directory(which your mod will consider all craft from there stock) and will create for every game instance you make another another ship directory in save files... when i copy crafts from an older ksp to a new one, of course there will be no save in new game and i put them in ships directory from root folder, then craft organizer will consider them stock crafts...

On 3/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, Acvila said:

i don't know enough English to explain well this... the game has original ships directory(which your mod will consider all craft from there stock) and will create for every game instance you make another another ship directory in save files... when i copy crafts from an older ksp to a new one, of course there will be no save in new game and i put them in ships directory from root folder, then craft organizer will consider them stock crafts...

I think in that case you must do it by hand but you do not need to do it directly on the file system. You can assign tags to crafts you do not like to be displayed, for example you can use default tag "-Archived?" or create similar new one. You should easily spot all non-compatible crafts and select all of them using checkboxes on the left to each craft and assign some tag to all selected crafts.

9 hours ago, Ker_nale said:

I think in that case you must do it by hand but you do not need to do it directly on the file system. You can assign tags to crafts you do not like to be displayed, for example you can use default tag "-Archived?" or create similar new one. You should easily spot all non-compatible crafts and select all of them using checkboxes on the left to each craft and assign some tag to all selected crafts.

OK, thx for explanation.

Thx for update.

Edited by Acvila

I got the mod borked for the whole session. What I did:

1. I named a craft using " in it (stock would replace that with _ in the file name)
  2. It was borked
  3. I left to SPC and back into VAB
  4. It was okay again
  5. I launched a vessel
  6. I came back to Tracking Station, then SPC, then VAB
  7. I recognized two buttons each, for "Craft" and for "Tags"
    One set opens the GUI, the other does not
  8. When I click on the buttons that won't work, no exception is thrown, only usual stuff is written to the log
[CraftOrganizer 1.4.1]DisplayWindow: Load craft

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[CraftOrganizer 1.4.1]It was detected that file was not saved because it is not newer, new date: 3/26/2018 5:36:21 AM, old date: 3/26/2018 5:36:21 AM, file: D:/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Gordon Dry ETT\Ships\VAB\Gemini 1 TEST unmanned.craft

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[CraftOrganizer 1.4.1]reading profile settings from 'D:/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../saves\Gordon Dry ETT\profile_settings.pcrmgr'

[CraftOrganizer 1.4.1]Current save: Gordon Dry ETT

Full log until now (still in game):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s248wy1bah0t1w1/2018-03-26_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

As some of you already noticed I published new version of the plugin that works on KSP 1.4.1. I also added possibility to sort crafts by last modification date. I appreciate that you like it :).

@Gordon Dry: You are right, I did not think that somebody can give illegal path characters in the craft name. I will look at it. Thanks for the log file - it should make correction much easier.

It would be great if you could place a .version file into your mod.

Edit:

How are the preview pictures created?
When I move all .craft files + .crmgr + .pcrmgr files to a new save, they are not shown before I go into tags and apply the existing settings.

Edited by Gordon Dry

23 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I would need to investigate it. What is the advantage of using .version over just using CKAN?

23 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

When I move all .craft files + .crmgr + .pcrmgr files to a new save, they are not shown before I go into tags and apply the existing settings.

I use standard preview images created by KSP. For stock crafts they are in Ships/@thumbs, for player's crafts they are in "/thumbs/<saveName>_SPH/VAB_<craftName>.png". I am not sure if this is possible to force KSP to recreate them.

Edit:

My intention was rather to make it not necessary to copy crafts by hand, instead inside plugin you can read craft from another save. When you save it then it will be saved in current save so effectively you will copy it to current save.

Edited by Ker_nale

13 minutes ago, Ker_nale said:

I would need to investigate it. What is the advantage of using .version over just using CKAN?

There are people out there not using CKAN for several reasons - and a peek into the version file tells quickly which version it is.
And last but not least - on game start KSP-AVC tells me "Huh! Update that!" if I did not manage to read all forum digest mails or all these dozens and hundreds of subscribed Github watch mails to properly update manually.

btw I work with Total Commander and synchronizing folders, I'm not the Windows-Explorer kind of guy.

32 minutes ago, Ker_nale said:

I use standard preview images created by KSP. For stock crafts they are in Ships/@thumbs, for player's crafts they are in "/thumbs/<saveName>_SPH/VAB_<craftName>.png". I am not sure if this is possible to force KSP to recreate them.

Edit:

My intention was rather to make it not necessary to copy crafts by hand, instead inside plugin you can read craft from another save. When you save it then it will be saved in current save so effectively you will copy it to current save.

Good to see you continuing this, I just took it off my list of potential adoptees

The .version file is also usable by CKAN, if properly specified, it helps CKAN index it better.

Feel free to ask for help if you need it

I found an issue that's kinda cheaty.

When I open a craft that is marked as "Unavailable due to science level" all the parts that should be unavailable are suddenly available in the part list inside VAB / SPC.

Crazy is, this does not happen always but there should be a coincidence.

I just restarted KSP and now I cannot reproduce that behavior.

Perhaps I can reproduce and find something in the log.

If not, I just had bad luck...

@Ker_nale

Would you consider adding the functionality of Craft History to this?  That mod seems to be dead, at least the author, @SpaceTiger isn't responding to any messages and it hasn't been updated to 1.4.*

I really think this would make this a killer version, being able to organize as well as have a craft history would be great

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 2:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@Ker_nale

Would you consider adding the functionality of Craft History to this?  That mod seems to be dead, at least the author, @SpaceTiger isn't responding to any messages and it hasn't been updated to 1.4.*

I really think this would make this a killer version, being able to organize as well as have a craft history would be great

And... now SpaceTiger has returned and Craft History is back! :D Would KSP Craft Organizer be able to read & utilize sub-folders/subdirs that Craft History Creates? I seriously like the multi-tagging organization this mod provides, but the version history is a godsend for complicated builds. I guess just *don't * create subfolders, and all will be fine. :)

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

And... now SpaceTiger has returned and Craft History is back! :D Would KSP Craft Organizer be able to read & utilize sub-folders/subdirs that Craft History Creates? I seriously like the multi-tagging organization this mod provides, but the version history is a godsend for complicated builds. I guess just *don't * create subfolders, and all will be fine. :)

That would work, I guess, but I don't know if they are compatible

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 4:28 AM, Gordon Dry said:

I found an issue that's kinda cheaty.

When I open a craft that is marked as "Unavailable due to science level" all the parts that should be unavailable are suddenly available in the part list inside VAB / SPC.

Crazy is, this does not happen always but there should be a coincidence.

I just restarted KSP and now I cannot reproduce that behavior.

Perhaps I can reproduce and find something in the log.

If not, I just had bad luck...

It is very strange - I have never seen something like that. I just try to load craft to VAB/SPH using standard KSP function and this internal KSP function detects if craft may be loaded and displays message if needed. If something like that happened using KSP Craft Organizer plugin then maybe using standard open dialog may cause this bug as well?

On 5/3/2018 at 6:27 AM, Beetlecat said:

This is something that I am considering to add. Definitely right now I do not like idea to provide automatic backup options or to allow to save crafts in subfolders but maybe KSP Craft organizer will be able to display them.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:38 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@Ker_nale Request: in craft organizer, when hovering over the craft entry, besides the picture the dimensions W x H x D of the craft to be shown. 

This seems to be doable, maybe I will implement it.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:11 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Edit:

Now there is .version file included and CKAN uses it.

Regarding preview pictures: I investigated it and it is quite tricky to implement. The only option that I see is to remove currently edited craft from VAB/SPH and then load one by one all crafts with missing thumbnails and generate thumbnail for each.

@Ker_nale @magico13 When I load a craft now I get this (doesn't matter which craft):
Edit: new 1.5.4 in use

Exception handling event onEditorStarted in class <>c:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Utilities.HandleEditorButton () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Events+<>c.<addEvents>b__3_1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Utilities.HandleEditorButton () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Events+<>c.<addEvents>b__3_1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
EditorLogic:ShipToLoadSelected(String, LoadType)
EditorLogic:LoadShipFromFile(String)
KspCraftOrganizer.KspAlImpl:loadCraftToWorkspace(String)
KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerController:loadCraftToWorkspace(OrganizerCraftEntity)
KspCraftOrganizer.<>c__DisplayClass6:<load>b__5()
KspCraftOrganizer.<>c__DisplayClass6:<load>b__4()
KspCraftOrganizer.ShouldCurrentCraftBeSavedQuestionWindow:windowGUI(Int32)
KspNalCommon.BaseWindow:windowGUIPriv(Int32)
UnityEngine.LayoutedWindow:DoWindow(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

and in VAB I get these "lines":
d5fza1d.png

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e46bruvy5w3sks/2018-05-20_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edit:

I just recognized that these weird lines also appear when I add any part that has MonoPropellant inside or uses MonoPropellant.
I didn't have this issue yesterday.
Since then I

1. upgraded KSP Craft Organizer
  2. upgraded SolverEngines (recompile)
  3. upgraded AJE (recompile)
  4. added InlineBallutes
  5. upgraded MonthlyBudgets
  6. added KAS 1.0 Beta 9

I will remove InlineBallutes and KAS 1.0. Beta 9 and test again.

btw there is a nearly lost memory that I have seen this kind of weird lines last year or two years ago, but I don't remember what the culprit was.

Edited by Gordon Dry

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

When I load a craft now I get this (doesn't matter which craft)

The errors you mention are with KCT trying to override the launch button/launch site controller. Do you have the expansion? In the KCT settings you can turn off the "Override Launch Button" setting and that should get you past those errors at least.

I haven't seen that issue with the lines before, so it's probably not related to KCT.

@magico13 Yeah thank you for the hint about the launch button override.

@linuxgurugamer After removing InlineBallutes and @IgorZ KAS 1.0. Beta 9 these weird lines are just gone.

I will only re-add InlineBallutes next session.

Edit:

@linuxgurugamer InlineBallutes back in, issue gone.
@IgorZ That means these weird lines are triggered by KAS 1.0 Beta 9

@magico13 The 1.5.4 of this mod has a new issue, a fresh built craft, saved, sometimes shows in organizer "Unavailable due to science level", when I load it and open the organizer again it doesn't show that message anymore. Perhaps this is also triggered by the launch button override.

Edited by Gordon Dry

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@magico13 Yeah thank you for the hint about the launch button override.

@linuxgurugamer After removing InlineBallutes and @IgorZ KAS 1.0. Beta 9 these weird lines are just gone.

I will only re-add InlineBallutes next session.

Edit:

@linuxgurugamer InlineBallutes back in, issue gone.

@magico13 The 1.5.4 of this mod has a new issue, a fresh built craft, saved, sometimes shows in organizer "Unavailable due to science level", when I load it and open the organizer again it doesn't show that message anymore. Perhaps this is also triggered by the launch button override.

The Inline Ballutes are only parts, I dont see any way a parts only mod can cause problems like those.  Interesting about KAS though.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:52 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Sorry, I didn't get the problem reading the last page of the thread. If there are problems with the game, which you strongly believe are inspired by KAS 1.0, then, please, post the specific description in the KAS 1.0 thread. Honestly, I don't believe KAS can make any "weird lines" in the editor, since there all the active logic is disabled.

Edited by IgorZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.