[1.8.1+] KSP Craft Organizer - VAB/SPH tags + craft searching

Ker_nale

5 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Honestly, I don't believe KAS can make any "weird lines" in the editor, since there all the active logic is disabled.

Well, as I changed the setup for a new test (RealFuels yesterday, was too messy, so back to without it), I actually would have to recreate that setup.

But: after adding KAS 1.0 Beta 9 the "weird lines" appeared, after removing they disappeared.

That's all what I can say now.

If these lines ever reappear, I could pinpoint the culprit.

So for now I can't post a more specific description.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 8:17 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Well, as I changed the setup for a new test (RealFuels yesterday, was too messy, so back to without it), I actually would have to recreate that setup.

But: after adding KAS 1.0 Beta 9 the "weird lines" appeared, after removing they disappeared.

That's all what I can say now.

If these lines ever reappear, I could pinpoint the culprit.

So for now I can't post a more specific description.

I know I'm seriously necro-ing this, but in case anyone else experiences this, those lines are from TCA.  They get drawn when the module selector is open and sometimes they don't undraw themselves.

• 2 months later...

What is this? Totally weird NullReferenceException:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.RebuildAllMeshData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.GeometryPartModuleRebuildMeshData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:UpdateInterops()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeCylinder:UpdateShape(Boolean)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
Part:InitializeModules()
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32, Boolean, String&)
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode, UInt32)
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
EditorLogic:ShipToLoadSelected(String, LoadType)
EditorLogic:LoadShipFromFile(String)
KspCraftOrganizer.KspAlImpl:loadCraftToWorkspace(String)
KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerController:loadCraftToWorkspace(OrganizerCraftEntity)
KspCraftOrganizer.<>c__DisplayClass6:<load>b__5()
KspCraftOrganizer.<>c__DisplayClass6:<load>b__4()
KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerWindow:load()
KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerWindowCraftList:drawSingleCraft(Int32, OrganizerCraftEntity)
KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerWindowCraftList:drawCraftsList()
KspCraftOrganizer.OrganizerWindow:windowGUI(Int32)
KspNalCommon.BaseWindow:windowGUIPriv(Int32)
UnityEngine.LayoutedWindow:DoWindow(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

That these 3 mods (FerramAerospaceResearch, ProceduralParts and KspCraftOrganizer) could even share one NullReferenceException is weird in my eyes.

Sitting in VAB, the stock dV and TWR readout shows nothing, MechJeb readouts show nothing, only KER shows anything.
Could be related.

Full log until now (still in game):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9esjrnxlei67xp/output_log.txt%20and%20stuff%202019-05-28-01.zip?dl=1

^Update to previous post.

It seems that this could™ be a harmless wall of exception chain - because KSP craft Organizer tries to compile a preview picture when FAR and PP is installed and PP is used on the craft.

But I'm not sure.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

For long time I had been not playing Kerbal Space Program and hence I was not working on the mod. I was just checking from time to time if it works with new versions of the game and it seemed to be ok but unfortunately I had no time to look at some issues that some of you mentioned.

Anyway I returned to kerbals and I have updated the mod.

Changes in version 1.6.0:

• Localize stock craft names and descriptions
  • Take into account that there may be replacement parts - vehicles with such parts should not be marked as unavailable
  • Fixed exception while renaming craft on Windows
  • Compiled for KSP 1.8.1

@Gordon Dry: I tried to reproduce error that occurred for you with FAR and procedural parts but I was unable to do so. I know that it is  a very long time since you wrote about it but if it happens that you still use this mod and have such errors then maybe you could write steps how I could reproduce it. If it happens for particular craft then you could share it. I do not use neither FAR nor procedural parts on daily basis so I just tried to play with it on very simple crafts and no exception occurred. The stack trace that you provided suggests that error occurs during loading of craft - KSP Craft Organizer does not generate thumbnail of craft by itself, game automatically does it when craft is loaded and thumbnail does not exist. Anyway if you have any more information it would be helpful if you provide it :).

BR,

Ker_nale

Edited by Ker_nale

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, Ker_nale said:

Changes in version 1.6.0:

• Localize stock craft names and descriptions
  • Take into account that there may be replacement parts - vehicles with such parts should not be marked as unavailable
  • Fixed exception while renaming craft on Windows
  • Compiled for KSP 1.8.1

@Ker_nale, this is probably really obvious, but what do you mean by 'replacement parts'?

@Probus: Newer versions of KSP introduce redesigned versions of old parts (you can check "KSP loading" forum threads to read about them, for example the newest one for KSP 1.9      talks about redesigned Mainsail engine). Such parts have the same name, statistics and description as old parts and players may think that old parts just changed appearance. But the truth is that redesigned versions have different internal IDs and are separate parts, old versions are hidden in VAB/SPH but they still may be used when someone try to load craft that has been created in old version of the game.

Such redesigned parts are named replacement parts for old parts.

• 1 month later...

Excellent mod, was looking for something like this, although there are other mods, this one hits the sweet spot for me, one thing thou, could we get an option to disable "auto tagging" the"auto saved vessel in VAB and SPH"? every time i revert to vab or sph to make changes the auto saved vessel gets tagged with what ever was tagged before launch, hope i am not asking for too much

keep up the great work!

This mod is (almost) exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much !

But... Would it be possible to Save a craft in any Save other than the active one, right like you allow to Load a craft from any Save ?

I'd like to have a "Design" Save with every craft in it, but I usually do a lot of tweaking to my craft from other saves dedicated to that craft / bunch of crafts. And it would be wonder to be able to iterate a craft in any save, and then save the final one in the Design Save dedicated to store and backup all the milestone crafts.

Oh, and... Would it be possible to handle "Folders" ? I'm currently orgnanizing my crafts library, about 150, and I created some sub-folders in VAB / SPH, such as "Challenge", "WIP", "SSTO", etc. 150 is quite a lot to scroll from.

Anyway what we have now is already working wonders on 1.9.1, thanks :)

Edited by Dakitess

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 7:27 PM, dtoxic said:

Excellent mod, was looking for something like this, although there are other mods, this one hits the sweet spot for me, one thing thou, could we get an option to disable "auto tagging" the"auto saved vessel in VAB and SPH"? every time i revert to vab or sph to make changes the auto saved vessel gets tagged with what ever was tagged before launch, hope i am not asking for too much

keep up the great work!

I am glad that you like it. Regarding your question about auto tagging auto saved vessel: generally it should be tagged with whatever tags you have chosen for current vessel. Otherwise there would be a problem because lets consider this scenario:

• You load some craft with tags
  • You modify the craft (without saving) and you modify its tags
  • You launch the craft. You had not saved it so you have only auto-save
  • You revert, internally it means the game loads auto-saved craft
  • You save your craft to persist your changes that so far were only in auto-save

After you saved your craft in last step you would like it to have the tags after modifications, isn't it? It means that they had to be stored somewhere and the only place to do it is auto-save. The only thing that comes to my mind is to hide tags for auto-save, but is it really that big problem if they are shown?

On 3/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, Dakitess said:

This mod is (almost) exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much !

But... Would it be possible to Save a craft in any Save other than the active one, right like you allow to Load a craft from any Save ?

I'd like to have a "Design" Save with every craft in it, but I usually do a lot of tweaking to my craft from other saves dedicated to that craft / bunch of crafts. And it would be wonder to be able to iterate a craft in any save, and then save the final one in the Design Save dedicated to store and backup all the milestone crafts.

Oh, and... Would it be possible to handle "Folders" ? I'm currently orgnanizing my crafts library, about 150, and I created some sub-folders in VAB / SPH, such as "Challenge", "WIP", "SSTO", etc. 150 is quite a lot to scroll from.

Anyway what we have now is already working wonders on 1.9.1, thanks :)

I was thinking about giving an option to create sub-folders but unfortunately it conflicts with one important feature that I want to have: if you save anything using my plugin you should be able to load using standard "load" feature from base game. I believe that if I had allowed to save it into some sub-folder it would be no longer possible to load using standard "load" window.

Regarding question to allow to save craft to different "save" folder: it is something worth considering, but I would rather see it as a button like "move to another save". So you would still be able to only save to current save, but you would be free to move crafts between saves. I do not think that I will add something like that in the nearest future, but I will add it to my backlog of things worth implementing.

• 1 month later...

I know this is ancient history in internet terms now, but I was searching through CKAN for a mod that will allow me to search by name for my currently active crafts in the tracking station.  Does this mod include that or is it just for SPH/VAB crafts?  If the latter, any recommendations for a mod with this functionality would be welcomed and appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Question for the regulars who use this mod, does this work fine in 1.11.1? I just came across this mod in a search, something I want to use. I use the use Craft Manager before, last time I played a few years ago. I kind of want something different and a little light weight, like this mod.

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.