My Brother Is Such A Liar

TheLyingBrother

This feels like a modern twist on the liar paradox. User claims their brother lies, yet their name is "The lying brother" is the user and the brother they claim are lying the same person and they are lying about lying? XD

On topic though, I just want to ask if your brother claim that he is involved in the development of KSP and made the first stock Dynawing craft? Cause that can be verified. But if he just claim to make the craft then anyone can in this game.

But let me ask a question to you: why is it that you need to prove your brother is wrong? The desire for truth is commendable, but don't use truth as a weapon, especially to harm another person's feeling. I feel like it is better to talk with your brother and find the answer you seek.

Very difficult to prove he *didn't* build it, but the lack of proof that he*did* may well be just as significant.

Pics or it never happened.

Still not sure I really understand the question lol! XD

Well he could have made a similar replica of the stock craft and said he built it, which is not technically wrong. However if he claims to make the very first stock Dynawing craft which comes with KSP, I think we can ask Squad to verify that.

4 hours ago, TheLyingBrother said:

I made the account just so I could find someone that could say it wasn't his ship. He wasn't involved in the development of the game but he thinks he built it.

If he isn't a member of the experimental or QA teams he didn't make the Dynawing or any other stock craft, afaik they were all made by developers or testers. 

Considering we don't know who you are, or who your brother is, I don't understand what help you expect from us.

If your brother's claim is "SQUAD stole my work," that's one thing, and frankly you're not the one he should be arguing with about it. If, instead, it's "I've built a shuttle that works just like that before," well…so what?

If, instead, he's trying to convince you of his l33t ship-building skillz by showing off a stock craft, check his save folder for a craft IN the save folder, not the global "ships" folder. If there is one,  check the datestamp against the known release date of the Dynawing from the wiki.

That's legwork you're going to need to do yourself. And to be quite honest, please don't post back with your findings if that's the case. What I think is happening is that you and your brother are trying to push each others' buttons, and he's succeeding. Welcome to the forums, but please don't drag us into that.

if he made it, he can remake it.

Tell him to sit down in KSP and make it himself. He has to start clean and remake it; if he succeeds in remaking it then he has been studying it on an unhealthy level but more than likely he can't and that's when he's caught. If he says he won't do it, then tell him he's obviously backing down and proving your point. A true engineer of their work would be proud to make it, not hide.

37 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

if he made it, he can remake it.

Tell him to sit down in KSP and make it himself. He has to start clean and remake it; if he succeeds in remaking it then he has been studying it on an unhealthy level but more than likely he can't and that's when he's caught. If he says he won't do it, then tell him he's obviously backing down and proving your point. A true engineer of their work would be proud to make it, not hide.

Except that I can never rebuild the same craft twice. More than once I built a rather successful aircraft, botched up a save file and are unable to reproduce whatever I did before. Sometimes it is the small things that make the difference.

1 minute ago, Camacha said:

Except that I can never rebuild the same craft twice. More than once I built a rather successful aircraft, botched up a save file and are unable to reproduce whatever I did before. Sometimes it is the small things that make the difference.

Under pressure I'm sure you could. Your not replicating where it was or what it did; just the craft file itself.

6 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

If he isn't a member of the experimental or QA teams he didn't make the Dynawing or any other stock craft, afaik they were all made by developers or testers. 

I'm more tempted to believe R.I.C. here.  Personally, I believe in "innocent until proven guilty," which in my mind extends to "they didn't build it unless they have proof that they did." 

Also, Occam's Razor.  The simplest answer is that he lied.

Lastly, I grew up with 3 older brothers, and I learned you gotta stay on the offensive.  You could convince your brother that there is a teapot orbiting the sun and ask if he can prove you wrong.  That should keep him distracted for a while :)

Edited by Slam_Jones

23 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Under pressure I'm sure you could. Your not replicating where it was or what it did; just the craft file itself.

No, I cannot. I have tried recreating a perfect little flyer many times, and it never seemed to work out just right. I really needed to hack a craft file together with bits of previous ones to get it just right again.

No, I cannot. I have tried recreating a perfect little flyer many times, and it never seemed to work out just right. I really needed to hack a craft file together with bits of previous ones to get it just right again.

Sometimes even something small like just moving the wing a little ruins the design, and it can be impossible to put it back in the sweet spot by eye. This is why I save my progress in stages as I'm working on a plane: so I can back up to a version that still works. 

20 hours ago, Camacha said:

Well this isn't about you; it's about him and making an easily debunkable situation. If he can make it *look* the same, that's all the matters (as I have said clearly before). We don't care about anything outside of the SPH.

Wait..... you joined this forum.... JUST to prove your brother is a liar... so... no "Hello"..... no "I've been playing for X years now".... no.... "I love this game..."

Just... "help me prove he is a liar..."

Charming. Hello by the way. I live in New Zealand, its 8:38am right now and I'm typing this wearing my bathrobe... Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Your desire to prove your brother is a liar is greater than your desire to be sociable... no offence meant, of course. Isn't brotherly love great?

I understand your need to prove he is a liar, brothers fight constantly... I'm 56 and I had a long running battle with my older brother similar to yours virtually every other week, we would send Emails, letters... phone calls... and it really did get very very nasty.....

till I got the phone call in 2010....

He committed suicide...

Fact is, I hated him totally... and what he did had nothing to do with me... but suicide is so very final... so, I suggest you make peace with your brother and so what if he claims what he does, let him have this fantasy, if that is what you think it is... does it hurt you? Accept who he is and move on... you never know how long they will be in this existence...

He is probably laughing his head off seeing you go through all these hoops trying to prove him wrong... he said a few words to you, and you appear to have devoted your life to proving he is.... a liar.... not wrong... not playing a joke on you.... but a very nasty word... a "liar"....

make peace with him and move on.

Welcome to the forums by the way. :)

Edited by kiwi1960

19 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Well this isn't about you; it's about him and making an easily debunkable situation. If he can make it *look* the same, that's all the matters (as I have said clearly before). We don't care about anything outside of the SPH.

What you fail to understand is that I am telling you that it is not as easily debunkable as you wish to believe. Even though I tried, I have had trouble recreating my own craft on a number of occasions and it never quite worked out without having the original file next to it and with some extensive copying and pasting. No matter how inconvenient this might be, that is the experience, which also seems to apply to TheLyingBrother or his situation. You will need to figure out some other way of proving your point if you want to do it definitively.

Edited by Camacha

12 minutes ago, Camacha said:

What you fail to understand is that I am telling you that it is not as easily debunkable as you wish to believe. Even though I tried, I have had trouble recreating my own craft on a number of occasions and it never quite worked out without having the original file next to it and with some extensive copying and pasting. No matter how inconvenient this might be, that is the experience, which also seems to apply to TheLyingBrother or his situation. You will need to figure out some other way of proving your point if you want to do it definitively.

Again this isn't for you. If it ends up looking poor in comparison in the SPH then that's even more to prove my point. 

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

Again this isn't for you. If it ends up looking poor in comparison in the SPH then that's even more to prove my point. 

My experiences are valid and applicable to the situation. I could not reproduce my own craft with any reliability in the past. Without an example of my own craft, they actually ended up looking quite different, as the final version would always be a heavily tweaked and developed craft. Applying basic logic, others could very well have trouble doing the same.

2 minutes ago, Camacha said:

My experiences are valid and applicable to the situation. I could not reproduce my own craft with any reliability in the past. Without an example of my own craft, they actually ended up looking quite different, as the final version would always be a heavily tweaked and developed craft. Applying basic logic, others could very well have trouble doing the same.

If it ends poorly; is the result not effective? It puts the brother in a spot he cannot make positive. Therefore it works!

As to what you can do I have one response...

4ej2.jpg