FIRST!  Huge thanks to rough93 for helping me make this mod.

The mod works with KSP 1.3.1. At least, the planets are scaled correctly. I'm waiting for KSC Switcher and RemoteTech to be updated. If you see the update before me please let me know so I can test the mod for any errors!

4X SOLAR SYSTEM

1dA98qe.png

If you think stock Kerbal Space Program (For some reason that I will never understand...) is not hard enough and you want a bit more challenge for getting into orbit, 4X SOLAR SYSTEM is the right mod for you!

The mod is a build on Harder Solar System with some extra stuff like more launch sites and ground stations. I will add more stuff later of course.

The mod scales all the planets and moons by a factor of 4. The only exceptions are Bop and Gilly.
The gravity of all the planets and moons stays the same. Now it's possible that Kerbin is made of some realistic materials!
The orbital velocity of 100 KM is 4400 m/s. The Kerbal X rocket has more than enough fuel to get into an orbit.

The orbit of the Mun has an inclination. The whole solar system is tilted just like in RSS.
For those who use RemoteTech, the range of dishes and antennas has also been increased by a factor of 4.

• Any constructive feedback, ideas and suggestions are welcomed with open hands!
  • I'm looking for names for stations and launch sites for 2X, 3X, 5X, 6X, 7X and 8X versions of the mod to have a bit of diversity between the versions.

THE MOD DEPENDS ON:

• Kopernicus

MODS THAT ARE SUPPORTED AND RECOMMENDED: 

• RemoteTech
  • KSC Switcher

RECOMMENDATIONS:

• KW Rocketry (For more engines)
  • Procedural Parts (For better control on how much fuel you take with you)
  • State Funding (For more money that you'll need at the start)

The mod comes with ground stations for RemoteTech and launch sites for those who use KSC Switcher.

The ground stations are divided into several groups. They are divided by their range. The shorter the range, the more of the stations there are.

Mm - megameter
Gm - gigameter
Tm - terameter

ANTENNA COLOUR DEFINITION:

GREEN - Launch site antenna (range = 2 Mm) 

BLUE - Observatory long range antenna (range = 4 Tm). These will reach Duna.

LIGHT BLUE - Short range antennas (range = 2 Mm). Only meant for orbits around Kerbin.

YELLOW - Medium range antennas (range = 200 Mm). It can reach the Mun and Minmus.

Because the planet is 4 times bigger, it can take a lot more time to get from point A to point B to collect science from multiple biomes. That's why there is a launch site for every biome.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Install Kopernicus,
  2. (Optional) Install RemoteTech and KSC Switcher,
  3. There is a GameData folder in the downloaded file. Copy that into the install folder,
  4. Start the game and have fun!

DOWNLOAD:

http://spacedock.info/mod/955/4X SOLAR SYSTEM WITH INCLINATION (Harder Solar System patch with new stuff)

ISSUES:

• The time warp is not yet scaled up correctly.

VIDEO AND SOME SCREENSHOTS!  

(If you have any cool screenshots please post them on this thread! I'll add them as soon as I can.)

KVdslC9.png

uUEfx7N.png

wBmsmAs.png

AKD1Orm.png

Edited by Luka 999

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sulaiman said:

This mod is going to be on a different copy than my normal KSP like what i do with RSS And SSRSS so it needs to update to KSP 1.2!

Don't worry. :) I will update it when the game comes out and when Kopernicus gets updated. In the meantime don't forget to report any issues. I'm running through a career mode to see if I have to tweak the career difficulty to make it passable on all difficulty settings. BDW! Congratulations! You are the first one to make a reply to my first mod! If you want I can put your name into the title of one of the versions of this mod. I'm kinda tired of the same boring name like 4x solar system. I was thinking about "R99 4144 "name"'s rescale mod. The R99 stands for nothing. I just like the naming of the R9 Fury X. 99 is my favourite number. The number 4144 has a specific purpos. I'll explain that some other day.

Edited by Luka 999

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 0:18 AM, Luka 999 said:

Don't worry. :) I will update it when the game comes out and when Kopernicus gets updated. In the meantime don't forget to report any issues. I'm running through a career mode to see if I have to tweak the career difficulty to make it passable on all difficulty settings. BDW! Congratulations! You are the first one to make a reply to my first mod! If you want I can put your name into the title of one of the versions of this mod. I'm kinda tired of the same boring name like 4x solar system. I was thinking about "R99 4144 "name"'s rescale mod. The R99 stands for nothing. I just like the naming of the R9 Fury X. 99 is my favourite number. The number 4144 has a specific purpos. I'll explain that some other day.

Who is BDW? Are you talking About Me? Well I would love to be in the Title of the versions! BTW, If You want Me To make some scaled up parts i Totally would BUT! they will be the same model And texture As the Stock Parts it's  onlythe scale and Properties would change. might have to experiment A bit with the mode when it gets updated  to get the good preformens so it won't be Over-powered or under-powered :wink:     

Edited by Sulaiman

On 10/25/2016 at 8:42 AM, Sulaiman said:

Who is BDW? Are you talking About Me? Well I would love to be in the Title of the versions! BTW, If You want Me To make some scaled up parts i Totally would BUT! they will be the same model And texture As the Stock Parts it's  onlythe scale and Properties would change. might have to experiment A bit with the mode when it gets updated  to get the good preformens so it won't be Over-powered or under-powered :wink:     

That would be great. I was thinking of maybe making an extension that would scale up the parts. Especially for the 8K version. If you are good with numbers I would really appreciate if you would make a config for the day length and warp limits cause currently they are the same as stock and warping to another planet can take some time. :( Also. I've yet to include a TAC LS fix.

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, kormer said:

Is this mod compatible with the Outer Planets Mod?

Does the inclination change only affect Kerbin, or is it for all planets in Kerbol?  Would any OPM planets also be affected?

I'm working on a config for OPM. It shouldn't take more than just a couple of days. it only works for stock planets and it alters the inclination of all planets not just Kerbin. :)

On 11/27/2016 at 4:29 PM, TaxiService said:

Hi! I am from the team of the RemoteTech mod. You may be interested in our new support for MM patches to modify our default settings. We have a new manual page on a patch for a player using your and RT mods.

Hi! Yes. I will make an MM file. I don't have much time now but I think I'll finish it next week. Thanks for the link. :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2017 at 3:41 AM, The-Doctor said:

@Luka 999 hey, what mods do you use to increase the power of engines?

I don't use any mod that would specifically change how powerful the engines are. Either I:

1. Use KW Rocketry engines like the 5 m engines that are bigger.
2. Increase the size using TweakScale.
3. USE MOAR BOOSTERS!

Hope I helped XD

On 1/17/2017 at 2:04 PM, Sulaiman said:

Oh Thanks God Finally! I was waiting so Looooong!

NP :D

• 3 weeks later...

You have to replace the files in Kopernicus, KSC Switcher and RemoteTech with the files included. That's because I had to include the KSCSwitcher.dll in the file cause the old one was causing the problem that you described. Open 4X Kerbol System and theres a GameData folder in it. Copy that to your install. Then it should work :) Hope I helped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2017 at 6:16 PM, MaxZhao said:

Very interesting, wondering if there's Dmagic Orbital science and SCANsat support?

Thanks!
They are supported. The distances for the best scan are still the same though. Dmagic doesn't have any special requirements. I've been using it from the start without any issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, :wink: Stock is about 0.1 of the scale of real life. The mod scales it up to 0.4 so not quite realistic but in my opinion big enough to give you some challenge.

Edited by Luka 999

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.