Omega Transit One Docking Test

Castille7

Arrived at Omega 7 for a Dual Docking Test to find that I forgot to add some Block Thrusters :huh:, the Dual Docking Ports are an adapter that I designed for the Omega Transit one. 

HxwX62B.png

Edited by castille7

Awesome craft, just curious though. Where are you going to take the Omega 7? Is it a station or a mining rig or a ship? Either way I like how you have designed adapters and things for it.

Edited by JacobJHC

@JacobJHC Thank you for the compliment , Omega 7 is a large refueling station, the original plan was to see how big of a station could be made in KSP and put it into Orbit then fuel it up and plot a course for a distant planet like Duna to see what kind of MPG it will get and then head for Eeloo if possible. If all goes well I plan to leave one at Kerbin, Duna and Eeloo.

The Adapter design, I first positioned two docking ports on the craft close to the width of the Stack Bi-Coupler, if the Stack Bi-Coupler does not want to attach you may have to adjust the width. I then connected two additional docking ports to it, then added the Stack Bi-Coupler and last I added the single docking port. After completed I then made one as an assembly and added them to Omega 7. This was done by starting with an OKTO2 and building it in reverse.

After further testing last night I was able to dock the craft but only one docking port attached, I was to tired and it was late to decouple and dock again to see if the adapter is working. I will try again tonight to complete my testing.

This is a link to the original Thread Omega 7

XmfrwUd.png

Edited by Castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.