Rotational Moment Induced Upon Radial Detachment

I was hoping someone could help me understand what is happening here, and possibly why it's happening.  The radial attachment point is set to an ejection force of 0.  It is attached at the bow by two struts, and at the stern by two struts.  Upon detachment, a severe nose-down moment is inflicted upon the shuttle.  The red sphere is the center of gravity.

Thanks, guys.

uJjv4Lc.png

PLowaPT.png

Any chance you could post a screenshot from the other direction, so the sun is shining on the craft?  Seeing it in silhouette like this makes it practically illegible-- can't tell at all what I'm looking at.

In particular, I can't see what's attached to which, or where the decoupler is.

So when the sepratrons push the tank away from the shuttle, you need to relight the engines? So you need to be pointing the right way?

I think I see your decoupler against the mountains -- just move it forward a couple meters, directly under your shuttle's CoM.

I'm going to guess that it's misfiring -- that is, it's decoupling with some force, even though you set it to zero. If you put it at the CoM, you won't get a rotation.

Edited by bewing

I didn't think I'd actually have to account for that.  Let me give it a go, and I'll be back with you in five minutes.

Well, if that's what's doing it, I'm kind of up the creek, because I just angled them out by about 45 degrees, and that still upset the shuttle.

Edited by Verran

1 hour ago, Verran said:

So I can't have the ET pushed away from the shuttle?

If the decoupler is really at the CoM then give it a little bit of force. Then you won't need the sepratrons for pushing the ET away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.