[1.1.3]-[Kopernicus] LightFixer! - Make your sunlight less washed-out today!

daniel l.

----LightFixer----

Make your sunlight less washed-out today!

"Tired of your sunlight being so washed out and boring?

Always wondering why you can see in the dark in space?

Why the daylight is so dull and the night is ghost lit?

Download the LightFixer today! (Needs Kopernicus)"

LightFixer removes ambient light and triples the sunlight intensity.

Download 

Edited by daniel l.

No pics no clicks man

Your mod sounds interesting but it's a visual mod and you don't post any screenshots which really puzzles me.

Even on the Spacedock page (https://spacedock.info/mod/874/LightFixer!) it's just a photo of a real asteroid.

We really have no idea of what it would look like ingame which means we can't judge if we want to try it out or not.

I suggest a full imgur gallery with several screenshots from many different bodies both in space and on the surface.

Edited by Smorfty

9 hours ago, Smorfty said:

No pics no clicks man

Your mod sounds interesting but it's a visual mod and you don't post any screenshots which really puzzles me.

Even on the Spacedock page (https://spacedock.info/mod/874/LightFixer!) it's just a photo of a real asteroid.

We really have no idea of what it would look like ingame which means we can't judge if we want to try it out or not.

I suggest a full imgur gallery with several screenshots from many different bodies both in space and on the surface.

Honestly there isnt much to see from screenshots here. Its just a tiny config file that triples the intensity of the sunlight and disables ambient light, Just imagine the day side of say... Moho being super bright and the night side being pitch black.

It makes objects better resemble real life. The colors in KSP are too washed out by default. Daylight is too dim and night is too bright, My mod fixes that.

Edited by daniel l.

24 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I think what Smorfty is trying to say is that images / comparisons would exactly be much to see. :wink: It's a visual change to the way lighting works.

I'll see what i can get when i have the time :)

18 hours ago, RealSmashinbedrock said:

I can't get this to install. I have all of kopernicus and LightFixer! in gamedata.

please help?

I dont believe it is a problem with lightfixer as the entire mod is no more than a single config file inside a folder, However, Make sure you have the zip file for lightfixer extracted into your gamedata folder and that kopernicus is installed properly and up to date.

3 hours ago, Mipe said:

Uh...

If you value your eyes, do not go to desert at daytime. I repeat, do not go to the desert at daytime!

I imagine polar regions are even worse.

Brb, getting eye transplants.

As they should be! :wink: Have you ever been to those places IRL? :P

just a heads up, you might want to add a compatibility patch for galaxy mods otherwise you might get a super bright black hole :)

also, i can get you some screenshots if you want some. even if you are just changing intensity, people will want to see it before installing it.

Just though I'd let the OP and ppl know:

setting the cfg file to 1.2 for the intensity values makes the lighting more realistic and not overwhelmingly bright. I find this value to be a perfect balance.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Sun] 
    {
        @ScaledVersion
        {
            Light
            {
                sunlightIntensity = 1.2
                scaledSunlightIntensity = 1.2
                IVASunIntensity = 1.2
                ambientLightColor = 0,0,0,1.0
            }
        }
    }
}

Great mod btw. I love the realistic shadow effects this gives the darkside of anything in space. Really brings out the necessity of having good lights available on your mission.

oh and someone was asking about a picture.

look at how nice and clean and dark the night side is of everything in this pic:

c0pE54Y.png

the sunflare and atmosphere and clouds all done by scatter and the default scatter sunflare. universe background is by Raerdon. LightFixer is responsible for the shadows. Nearly pitch black when in space, as in real life.

Edited by inigma

• 2 months later...

Hi, good mods, but you can change the version to 1.2 as it's a simple config file.

Also you could include a .version to have a managment version through AVC, wich is more clean.

Also, you have to pay attention to the multiple dependencies of other mods that patch Kopernicus and the sunlight.

I don't know how to check the presence of these mods but i have post the question on the Kopernicus thread. My temporary solution is to change the AFTER keyword with the last loaded mod.

In my case :

@Kopernicus:AFTER[JOOL_RINGS]
{
    @Body[Sun] 
    {
        @ScaledVersion
        {
            Light
            {
                sunlightIntensity = 1.2
                scaledSunlightIntensity = 1.2
                IVASunIntensity = 1.2
                ambientLightColor = 0,0,0,1.0
            }
        }
    }
}

Hop, figure out how to make a clean modification. You can rename the directory with a '0' before the name. As it seems it is the only way to not use Final keyword. So you can use with this the simple AFTER[Kopernicus]

Also, i don't try but Kopernicus has a Kopernicus.component keyword which load after kopernicus. AFTER[Kopernicus.component] could be an other solution.

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Errol said:

Does anyone know if this only affects that graphics of the game or if it changes solar panel efficiency as well?

Only graphics, it's a slight tweak that makes light stronger, and reduced ambient light to an absolute black. (In space the shadows are completely black, no air to refract light.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.