Places on Kerbin that remind me of something.

NSEP

Say this thing first started when i went into orbit and looked at Kerbin. when i saw something that really reminded my of Korea, and over the time, i started to saw more things that remind me of places in the real world. Here is the map:

06qk1l0.jpg

And here is the original unedited one:

Ok, the Japan and Russia one is hard to see, and might not remind you of it, but i think it looks a bit simulair.

Above the Russia/Japan looks like a mini North and South America and next to the mini Africa looks a bit like India. Below the Korea looks like a giant Great Britain. The island to the right of the Great Britain looks a bit like Ireland!

ac2ef857f22ede5a7a9bc4632c35919c.jpg     ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!1!

Edited by The Raging Sandwich

For some reason, the huge bay by the desert always reminds me of the Gulf of Mexico. There's neither a Mexico nor a Florida to be seen, and the bay is not a gulf, but the bay is the Gulf regardless. When doing LKO rescue missions, I always do my deorbit burn over the landmass east of the bay, for a fairly accurate landing within 10-50 km of the KSC site.

By the way, has there ever been a fan project to assign names to the various places on Kerbin or the other planets?

Edited by Codraroll

1 hour ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

Everything is bigger in Texas. Is Texas in itself?:confused:

Actually, in CO, the boulders on Pikes Peak are called "gravel".

Everything but gravel is bigger in Texas.

I'm Swedish, but I've been to both Tx and Co.

So I'll stay out of that little tiff you might have :wink:

Didn't one of the devs @SQUAD say that the reasons for this is because they used and actual map of the earth and tweaked it into something for the game? I'm pretty sure I saw this mentioned before.

Also how is Africa for ksc location not the first one mentioned? Lol it's the most obvious of all.  Also below your Korea location is basically a distorted looking British isles. 

And to me yes the kerbin deserts area does look similar to the Gulf of Mexico. In fact to me the whole continent with the deserts kind of appears as North America, with the whole continent slightly twisted and then some extra land tacked on and removed from various parts of it.  And possibly Alaska moved to the west coast where California should be. That's the area with the giant crater, it resembles the main Alaskan landmass even with the arm of Alaskan islands jutting out towards Russia.

The contintent in the northeast section near the northern polar ice looks very similar to a distorted European continent to me. It even sort of has an India jutting out of the south end, though it's slightly misshapen as well.

But again I'm almost certain the map of earth was used to create this, and I could of swore squad mentioned this was the case at one time. 

Also humans are programmed to recognize familiar shapes in things too, so it's not surprising people see familiar shapes that may or may not be there, and at times people will see different things in the same place. 

So yeah lots of similarities, whether intended or not is another matter.

Edited by Hevak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.