[WIP] [1.11.x] Heavy Science - Development Thread

cyberKerb

hahahahahah! Thanks @SQUAD!
I'm playing with the Engineer revamp in 1.11 "Some Reassembly Required" and absolutely love it. :wub: However, it's  in ways most players probably wouldn't expect. In a nice coinkydink, I've just deleted all my Kerbal Mass code from this development effort.

At my rate of progress, I'm hoping you'll overtake me and add physical surface samples for what I hope will be a similar Scientists revamp in the future :D 

(In Progress) Val showing off a surface sample from the KSC Runway. The paint seems to flake off the cement when it was dug up.
She's pretty sure Jeb won't even notice the holes this surface sample experiment has made... (not that he uses the actual runway :D )

L3Gqeoqh.png

(Technical info) I have no idea how to model for KSP, and because of this lack of knowledge, I'm making use of the publicly accessible assets via the API.
As such, this screenshot shows a simple box "primitive" with the Runway texture applied. That box has been sunken into a squashed Scatter Boulder mesh which has a dirt texture applied to it.

Functionally I've completed everything I've wanted in the mod. and I'm now currently checking it with other mods.
I've already found that Kopernicus changes where the scatter references are, because of this I've not getting the meshes / models I'm expecting.

Initial BETA Release added to github for anyone that wants to test the mod out.
Just note if you are testing, it's a BETA release, so I'm mainly after feedback on what's been coded so far.

The container is under the science parts and is unlocked at the same time as the Science Jr.

Important note that Heavy Science is NOT compatible with Kopernicus at all. Everything breaks horribly, but I'm still learning how to get that to work.

Initial Release 0.1.0.0-Beta
Github Download link

Somewhat relevant:

history-storage-storage_facilities-cavem

Edited by cyberKerb

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.